• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Plymouth Argyle | The EFL Championship

Fulton and Grimes isn't working.....its so clear.
Would even go with Grimes and Allen.
Shape was far better but we are missing a target up top, Cullen and Yates are not the answer, Mykolo seems to be the only option but is untested but he needs to be given a chance to show if he can do it.

Naughton was frigging pants.
Naughton pants? Thought he was pretty solid throughout and tried support 2 untested youngsters in front of him.

I disagree with much of the analysis on here today. I thought we looked brighter than we have for ages. Good to see us play with width and pace for a change. Ronald looks a good player on today’s showing.
as I said a week or so ago, we should have replaced Yates as he’s simply got to convert those chances. We should have won.

have to drop Yates and try Cullen in the centre. With the width and pace we showed today if we can get someone who can take relatively simple chances we should be ok and pick up the few more wins which will be enough.

All true, but I’m getting pig sick of the same thing week after week. Pick the right team to start with. Sort out dead ball strategies (Plymouth’s was really inventive, we have grimes and Pato hitting it nowhere.). Tell defenders like cart horses not to take risks. Tell Grimes and Fulton not to give the ball to our three worst distributors as a first option. Better still don’t pick both Grimes and Fulton or, gasp, maybe not either. Don’t expect Yates to do anything as a starter except once a month at best. These things are totally under his control. We can’t keep losing and saying it’s just not a fair reflection of the Game. It is. We missed easy chances, so did Plymouth, and they weren’t really trying.

I do agree we looked better in terms of shape and our Turgid Twins aside, intent. So you’re right 🤣

Well I enjoyed the game, thought we were the better side, on another day easily won that. I see an improvement.

Just scanned the thread and I can’t see a mention of the pelenaty claim just before they scored. Players were convinced and it looked nailed on to me. I’ll be interested to see if it makes the highlights. We’d probably have missed it, but it stops the break that led to their corner that led to the goal.
It was a foul but very easy for the ref to miss. I would expect not to get that 9 times out of 10. I thought Paterson was in the box too, but I probably had my bias glasses on.

It was a foul but very easy for the ref to miss. I would expect not to get that 9 times out of 10. I thought Paterson was in the box too, but I probably had my bias glasses on.
I thought I’d imagined it. I think the ref was unsighted as he was the other side of the mass of player. Lino had a clear view though, as it wasn’t too different to mine. Literally pulled off his feet.

Oh well. As I say, we’d probably have missed it anyway the way the day was going.

Fulton and Cooper were passengers, neither did anything positive that I can remember.
I’m a fan of Grimes but he is a shadow of the player he was under Potter.
I felt sorry for Wood and particularly Cabango, we’re asking them to be Pirlo instead of Tony Adams.
Ronald was moving, making great runs, 14,000 Swans fans could see him, our Robots couldn’t.
Fed up

"........we can get someone who can take relatively simple chances we should be ok and pick up the few more wins which will be enough."

Good post Lisa and I agree, but isn't it sad how low a bar we now have to set, i.e. just to survive in the Championship

Now I've calmed down I think we will be okay this season, just.

And perhaps Luke's knowledge of the lower leagues might see us pick up some Downes type bargains in the summer and we may do okay next term.

It's the only hope we've got really

I've got to agree about the contributions of the Grimes/Fulton midfield partnership and Yates up front (how many other sitters will he miss?). We desperately needed a physical presence in the box today. He was yet again consigned to the bench.

Good post Lisa and I agree, but isn't it sad how low a bar we now have to set, i.e. just to survive in the Championship
Oh, absolutely. I made the mistake of rewatching highlights of us playing away at QPR 1st game under Laudrup the other day in an Michu thing and I honestly could weep.
What a day that was - imagine throwing all that away.

Plymouth were not a good side. It had to be bloody Whittaker who really isn't that good but our slow thinkers gifted him one to shove it right up us.
We did, however, show signs of a massive improvement but hamstrung by a small number of players. They have been highlighted above.
It was a penalty and the linesman had a clear view but bottled it and the ref did look to him.
Pace looks like it going to change our enjoyment but the midfield has to be changed or really go with the new flow
gutted that we didnt get at least a point and really frustrated at the end because it reminded me of how we got relegated from the Prem - absolutely no urgency until the last minute.

Lets also not overlook the loss of Lowe. He has been decent this season. Get well soon Jamal. If Yates is our only option we are fkd.

Yes but the opposition is awful, and we lost. At home.

I don‘t really blame Williams except for the Grimes Fulton nonsense (Grimes should have been hooked before Fulton today. Grimes is right at the root of one of our major problem) and Selecting Yates. We Should have stuck with Sheehan when we had a bit of momentum until June. We are certainly now stuck with Williams, for good or bad, and we are in real trouble. There aren’t too many teams worse than Plymouth away.
People shouldn’t be amazed at our lack of go forward when Grimes is an auto pick as captain. I can’t think of any previous Swans captain who has as little impact or influence on the team his playing in. The fact that the last 5 swans managers kept him as captain simply baffles me if I’m being honest.
There was an instance late in the game when we were trailing 1-0 , could even have been during injury time when he received the ball with no one near him and passed it backwards. Is it because he doesn’t give a sh*t? Seriously?
Centre midfield is the problem. Set out with two central defensive midfielders and you WILL defend. It’s a problem for us going forward because we don’t get quick ball and defensively because we invite unnecessary pressure onto our back 5 and keeper. Fulton gets the worst of it but I think there’s a much better player being stifled there. I’d give him the CDM role and play Patino and Paterson in front of him.
We need to change things , I think everyone could see Ronald’s frustration at times when he knew he had their left back on toast and wasn’t getting the ball.
Ditto the Polish lad who had a very good game when he came on - they need quick ball and in this division they will supply a lot of assists. Lastly I’m not a Yates hater by any means but we have to try Kukreyavich just to mix things up a bit.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back