• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Plymouth Argyle | The EFL Championship

I thought we were okay. Not good but signs of progress and improvement. Done on one set piece, Yates did Yates things, Paterson's radar was off. Ronald looks a Championship player which is a relief. Some players starting to get the message that forward is the first option, not sure it will take with some of them but being able to play forward to runners helps a lot. Confident there are 3 worse teams than us still.

Saint, this has been coming for quite a while, season after season our best talents have been sold off just to tred water, most monies ponied up by the hedge fund towards new recruitment has been squandered on a series of diabolical transfers.
The pot has now run dry, we have no more saleable assets, we're cooked.
Even if we had saleable assets we’d run down their contracts and they’d leave on a free.

I disagree with much of the analysis on here today. I thought we looked brighter than we have for ages. Good to see us play with width and pace for a change. Ronald looks a good player on today’s showing.
as I said a week or so ago, we should have replaced Yates as he’s simply got to convert those chances. We should have won.

have to drop Yates and try Cullen in the centre. With the width and pace we showed today if we can get someone who can take relatively simple chances we should be ok and pick up the few more wins which will be enough.

We signed 3 wingers in the window but did nothing to address the major issue - centre midfield, which then has a knock on affect for out defenders at the back looking like rabbits in the headlights every game. We're so easy to score against, all teams have to do is waltz through the middle where there's zero resistance.

I thought we were okay. Not good but signs of progress and improvement. Done on one set piece, Yates did Yates things, Paterson's radar was off. Ronald looks a Championship player which is a relief. Some players starting to get the message that forward is the first option, not sure it will take with some of them but being able to play forward to runners helps a lot. Confident there are 3 worse teams than us still.
For the large part I enjoyed it and thought we were decent - except for where it matters at both ends, which is pretty important!

Disappointed with the loss obviously, but thought we looked better going forward. Just couldn’t finish.

We signed 3 wingers in the window but did nothing to address the major issue - centre midfield, which then has a knock on affect for out defenders at the back looking like rabbits in the headlights every game. We're so easy to score against, all teams have to do is waltz through the middle where there's zero resistance.
I would try dropping Fulton (obvs) and putting Cooper in a central role. Two wingers, Patterson at 10 with Cullen in front. 4 at the back and Tymon and Key (when fit) at full back. Thought Naughton did ok today in Key’s absence.
don’t under any circumstances play three at the back,

What in the hells does Kukharevych have to do to get some game time when Yates couldn't score in a brothel
He needed to be given a chance at some point today.
I think today highlighted our failure to get a centre forward in the window.

Fulton and Grimes isn't working.....its so clear.
Would even go with Grimes and Allen.
Shape was far better but we are missing a target up top, Cullen and Yates are not the answer, Mykolo seems to be the only option but is untested but he needs to be given a chance to show if he can do it.

Naughton was frigging pants.

I disagree with much of the analysis on here today. I thought we looked brighter than we have for ages. Good to see us play with width and pace for a change. Ronald looks a good player on today’s showing.
as I said a week or so ago, we should have replaced Yates as he’s simply got to convert those chances. We should have won.

have to drop Yates and try Cullen in the centre. With the width and pace we showed today if we can get someone who can take relatively simple chances we should be ok and pick up the few more wins which will be enough.
I would say most on here if not everyone would say we deserved at least a point from today, personally I think we deserved all three.
The biggest threat to our Championship status is our appalling defending, I literally can't see where our next clean sheet is coming from.
If we avoid the drop it will be despite of our defence rather than because of it 🫰

Truth is, we now at the stage where looking good in patches, creating albeit missing chances doesn't mean shit. 5 points above the drop, a manager already looking out of his depth, wer in free fall not able to buy a point let alone a win.
I've always been an optimist but am struggling to see us survive. I'll take needing a point v Millwall to stay up right now.

The chance where a shot spun off their defender/keeper more or less on the line was when i thought we will not score today.

If Lowe was playing i think we would have scored a hatful today, the defending needs sorting out all 3 outfield defence players gave opportunities to them that they should have buried, both Cabango and Wood look clumsier and clumsier every game but they can also play well, they just need maybe a bit of coaching/confidence.

I am convinced we have the basis of a good side, there is no way you can dominate a game and lose it week after week, they will be disappointed but any coach should be able to pick them up with the stats if nothing else.

I like Ronald we need to feed him a bit more than we did in the first half but certainly Plymouth looked out on their feet chasing him all afternoon. The pace we have will eventually pay off.

Not saying this because I support the Swans, but imo we’re just not getting the ‘run of the ball’. Nothing seems to go our way.

Just scanned the thread and I can’t see a mention of the pelenaty claim just before they scored. Players were convinced and it looked nailed on to me. I’ll be interested to see if it makes the highlights. We’d probably have missed it, but it stops the break that led to their corner that led to the goal.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back