• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Norwich City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Considering that Brum were 6th place when they decided that they should sack their manager to bring in the strategic genius known as Wayne Rooney I don't have any pity for them. Though if it wasn't them I feel like its what our board would have done and we would have suffered in their place.

Considering that Brum were 6th place when they decided that they should sack their manager to bring in the strategic genius known as Wayne Rooney I don't have any pity for them. Though if it wasn't them I feel like its what our board would have done and we would have suffered in their place.
It's incredible when you look back on that decision. What on earth possessed them to think appointing Rooney was going to be a great idea, apart from his name and reputation as player.

Must have been a very different experience watching it on TV. I found it entertaining at times, but overall not one of our best games this season, particularly after Wood and Yates came on (although Lowe was some compensation). Too many moves ended up straight back with the keeper, too many sloppy passes, and the Norwich supporters were really annoying today. (Like Fulham, they need to be told by the announcer when to get excited.) I will be sad if that’s the last time I see Lowe, Pato and/or Rushworth play for us though, and the way the squad and management lined up to applaud the away support was moving. Well done for that, Luke at al. A draw was fair, and I’m glad we went, but that’s about it.

It's incredible when you look back on that decision. What on earth possessed them to think appointing Rooney was going to be a great idea, apart from his name and reputation as player.
Who knows. He did a respectable job at Derby but it was a free swing at bat considering all of their financial issues and points deductions and transfer embargos. He was all accounts abysmal at DC United and equally shocking at Birmingham, one of those who gets management jobs purely on his reputation as an ex player and the perceived marketable value of his name selling shirts or attracting players.

Should never be able to get close to a side in the top 3 divisions ever again but yeah some players/managers seem to have Teflon coats.

Superb result, didn't see a lot of the game due to my Nephew and his Mrs being here with their new baby which was joyful, but from what I saw i thought we were excellent, yes we rode our luck, but could have easily won the game if Ronald had. had a bit of luck with his shot.

Excellent result, which bodes well if Williams "is" supported this summer.

View attachment 4001

Leicester City v Blackburn Rovers
Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday
Plymouth Argyle v Hull City
Birmingham City v Norwich City
Ipswich Town v Huddersfield Town

My money a few weeks ago was on Blackburn to go down and its still possible but it needs them to lose, Birgmingham and Plymouth to win and Wednesday to get at least a point.

Huddersfield almost certainly down barring a mathematical miracle, Wednesday have the "easiest" remaining game of the lot but perfectly possible that none of them pick up another point going into the final game.
Hudds and Brum are gone IMO. Plymouth just about hang on and possibly on goal difference. Sheff Wed's apart I can't see any of the other's in that bottom 5 winning.

Must have been a very different experience watching it on TV. I found it entertaining at times, but overall not one of our best games this season, particularly after Wood and Yates came on (although Lowe was some compensation). Too many moves ended up straight back with the keeper, too many sloppy passes, and the Norwich supporters were really annoying today. (Like Fulham, they need to be told by the announcer when to get excited.) I will be sad if that’s the last time I see Lowe, Pato and/or Rushworth play for us though, and the way the squad and management lined up to applaud the away support was moving. Well done for that, Luke at al. A draw was fair, and I’m glad we went, but that’s about it.
Agreed, was there as well and thought we lacked a bit of technical quality in comparison to Norwich, would say a draw was fair by the end though.

I’ve been ott many times this season, but I still see far too much negative backwards facing arsery in our play. Still too much Martinball, which Williams was, of course, a big part of. One thing I really like about Williams though, is his heart is certainly in it. When he interacts with ths]e fans, he means it and it’s about the fans. When Martin did it, it was all about him and his ego. That in itself gives or should give Williams a fair bit of latitude to develop his learning. Needs to bin Yates and Fulton mind, or he’s shooting himself in the foot.

Honestly apart from Paterson having his one good game a month I thought we were pretty poor. Cabango and Grimes showed up, not much else until the 80th minute when they got nervous. They were wasteful with the chances we gifted them with poor passing out from the back, had two cleared off the line etc.

It's concerning going into the summer with so many players proven not up to the levels needed, and a manager who clearly has no faith in any of the younger options to eventually replace them. It's a long shopping list with an empty wallet and no assets that will be in meaningful demand. The money already being pumped into the club isn't going to cover millions on the strikers, central midfielders and more wide options required to make this way of playing successful.

I’ve been ott many times this season, but I still see far too much negative backwards facing arsery in our play. Still too much Martinball, which Williams was, of course, a big part of. One thing I really like about Williams though, is his heart is certainly in it. When he interacts with ths]e fans, he means it and it’s about the fans. When Martin did it, it was all about him and his ego. That in itself gives or should give Williams a fair bit of latitude to develop his learning. Needs to bin Yates and Fulton mind, or he’s shooting himself in the foot.
Besides Wood being silly at the end I thought the balance of passing / direct was spot on today, and even when we did pass around the back there was a reason to do it and we were actively trying to launch attacks from there.

Besides Wood being silly at the end I thought the balance of passing / direct was spot on today, and even when we did pass around the back there was a reason to do it and we were actively trying to launch attacks from there.
That balance definitely got lost when Darling had to go off though.
Wood dithers on the ball and definitely picks the wrong option more often than not when the press is on. Darling had no issues with just getting rid if the press from Norwich was getting too risky.

I don’t get Wood standing on the ball for long periods doing nothing but inviting pressure on from the other team, I wouldn’t be sad to see him sold in the summer.

I don’t get Wood standing on the ball for long periods doing nothing but inviting pressure on from the other team, I wouldn’t be sad to see him sold in the summer.
I get it, he doesn't give a toss and wants away.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back