• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Rotherham United | The EFL Championship

Well that's us safe anyway. As long as nobody is expecting nothing but turgid nonsense till May 4th. As we have been all season. Just 1 game I'll remember with any sense of joy.
Big summer of cleaning out awaits or it'll be worse.

If we played properly we might catch the Cruds. We won’t of course.
If we'd played even half properly for most of this seaaon, not only would we never have been looking at the relegation places, we might even have been in with a shout of the playoffs. But we just didn't/couldn't. Putting an acceptable amount of effort into just 3 or 4 decent performances in a 46 match season is surely the most damning indictment of a group of well paid professional sportsmen there can be. They're probably all very pleased with themselves after ensuring they got out of the shit, but they shouldn't be, they should be embarrassed and f*cking disgusted that they ever got themselves into this situation.

We could/should have been safer sooner.
I think it's really sad that we are celebrating just managing to survive in the Championship when not so very long ago we were toe to toe with the best of the Premier League. Oh how far we've fallen.

Can see a lot not renewing until the owners show thier hand this summer.
It's up to them, stick or twist time...

I think it's really sad that we are celebrating just managing to survive in the Championship when not so very long ago we were toe to toe with the best of the Premier League. Oh how far we've fallen.
In some state of self inflicted pain, I looked back earlier at our last Premier League season. Jesus wept, that is some fall from a position of relative stability. Lost five on the bounce to go down; I remember being at the Spurs cup game and thinking that this looks like trouble.

I agree with most of LW’s comments. The energy and determination was there again today but if we have serious intentions of getting into the top half next year, we can’t be talking about that, it should be a given.
None of those 12 crosses into the box got anyone off their seats. Big summer ahead.

I learned something today that I'd suspected for some time. The last few seasons, I've only attended Saturday home games (plus Bristol City away as it's only 18 miles from where I live) as I can no longer be doing with driving home in the dark and very often in the rain to get home at anything between 23.45 on a good day to 00.15 if they've decided to close a section of motorway and introduce a diversion. My matchday routine is to drive 104 miles to where I park near the .com stadium and then meet up with my brother and his son in the Riverside for a drink before the game. I have increasingly noticed that the conversations I have with my brother during the match cover many topics with football playing a gradually diminishing part but with music and travel always well represented. I am 72 and my brother is 69 so realistically, it's anyone's guess how much longer we will both be around to do this so the times are becoming more and more precious as each season passes. Today my brother was with his wife in Cape Verde Islands but if he'd been at the game, I would definitely have gone despite feeling shit with a cold for the last 5-6 days but I didn't go so today, I finally realised that meeting up with my brother and my nephew are of far greater importance to me than watching the Swans in their current form. It's very sad that they have fallen so far, not just in league position but the club and its ethos as whole, those who run the show, the club's connection with the fanbase and as for the quality of football, that's probably the lowest it's been for nearly 20 years. Dutifully, I've renewed my ST but how many times it will get used next season, only time will tell.

I agree with most of LW’s comments. The energy and determination was there again today but if we have serious intentions of getting into the top half next year, we can’t be talking about that, it should be a given.
None of those 12 crosses into the box got anyone off their seats. Big summer ahead.
And yes, Cullen ran himself into the ground… but I don’t think he had a shot on goal, in a game where we had 80% possession against the worst team I’ve seen in years.

I learned something today that I'd suspected for some time. The last few seasons, I've only attended Saturday home games (plus Bristol City away as it's only 18 miles from where I live) as I can no longer be doing with driving home in the dark and very often in the rain to get home at anything between 23.45 on a good day to 00.15 if they've decided to close a section of motorway and introduce a diversion. My matchday routine is to drive 104 miles to where I park near the .com stadium and then meet up with my brother and his son in the Riverside for a drink before the game. I have increasingly noticed that the conversations I have with my brother during the match cover many topics with football playing a gradually diminishing part but with music and travel always well represented. I am 72 and my brother is 69 so realistically, it's anyone's guess how much longer we will both be around to do this so the times are becoming more and more precious as each season passes. Today my brother was with his wife in Cape Verde Islands but if he'd been at the game, I would definitely have gone despite feeling shit with a cold for the last 5-6 days but I didn't go so today, I finally realised that meeting up with my brother and my nephew are of far greater importance to me than watching the Swans in their current form. It's very sad that they have fallen so far, not just in league position but the club and its ethos as whole, those who run the show, the club's connection with the fanbase and as for the quality of football, that's probably the lowest it's been for nearly 20 years. Dutifully, I've renewed my ST but how many times it will get used next season, only time will tell.
Football is an escape from the shyte that goes on from Monday to Friday. It’s probably the only two hour period of the week where I engross myself in the subject that I am watching, nothing else really gets close and there are no distractions during that time. I don’t think I have anything else that gives that same relief (I rarely watch television). Therefore, winning games with a rosy outlook is nice, but it’s not the be-all and end-all.

I gave up my ST last season after a near lifetime and the only games I’ve been to this season have been with my nephew. And that’s because I love spending time with my nephew far more than I love spending time with the Swans.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back