• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Swansea vs Brentford Championship Play-Off Semi-Final (1st Leg) Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drug test Thomas Frank...

Look at the state on him...

Red card Will not be overturned mark my words

Not one compliment of us tonight from pundits and commentators, all Brentford this Brentford that.

Well done everyone connected to the club, let's do it again Wednesday.

lidojack said:
Great performance and phenomenal goal.
Would love to go through on Wednesday, if only to stop the commentators turning everything into a positive for Brentford.

Utterly insufferable.

I think they were sitting there with brentford scarves around their necks

Asking if by us winning 1-0 put more pressure on us for 2nd leg was when I switched it off

So we have now won 3 on the bounce, whilst they have lost 3 on the bounce.
Mo
Men
Tum

Player ratings are now available

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/2020/07/26/swansea-city-v-brentford-player-ratings/

I feel exhausted! Would have taken that before kick-off. Fancy us to get a goal up there. As for the commentary, I don't think I'm blinkered in this (others on here saying the same) they weren't impartial at all. Fawning over Brentford, particularly early on. I looked for red button alternative at one point.

The only positive I was thinking about the commentators was the thought Roy Keane might be watching and imagining him mutter under his breath every time Mick McCarthy spoke.

I’d rather be us going in to the second leg than them, which is all that can be asked for.

Played well.

Lot to do, but needing a draw to get to the play off final Is something any of us would have bitten your hand off for a week ago.

As good a chance as we could have hoped for.

Feeling positive.

J_B said:
Swanjaxs said:
Wish Prick McCarthy would shut the fuck up

That commentator was even worse. Must be a Brentford lifelong supporter.

Sky Sports HQ is about as far from Brentford’s ground as Rossi’s is from the Liberty. They’ll be desperate for them to go through. Cheap as chips to cover them next season.

All to play for.
Good signs are Coops is staying calm. Andre is not getting carried away and hopefully this will put us in good stead for the second leg.
The other good sign is that this all seems to be getting to Frank. Seemed like he was really losing it in his post match interview.
Hope his apparent desperation creeps into their dressing room. Let the mind games begin ;-)

For all Coops faults, I keep harping back to what I said last week, this is effectively tournament football, it's what he does. Its like he's comfortable with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back