• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Play-Off Semi-Final (2nd Leg) Brentford FC (0) vs Swansea City FC (1) Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:
Brenford could have beaten us 10 nil tonight, Thomas Frank could have run around the whole pitch and finished by windmilling his private parts in Tatey's face and I'd still want Cardiff to lose to them!

That’s because I live away so it’s not quite the same. Cardiff don’t get the time of day up here, so I can happily ignore them for the whole season. I hated them far more before we did 7 years in the PL as well. They won’t do that whatever happens, and as we can see now, at the end of the day, it never lasts and it’ll be our time again.

I’d obviously rather Fulham won tomorrow and then smashed the smirk off that prat’s face. I like Fulham. Always have.

I can't live much further away, but there is no way I'd want Cardiff to win a play-off final, I don't care who they were playing.

Cooperman said:
DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
What was wrong with what I said? It looked perfectly obvious that we were finding it easier to venture into their half when Gallagher was moved further back. It has been obvious to others as well, as I recall numerous commentators and pundits mentioning how Gallagher is playing further up the pitch for Swansea compared to his far more successful when at Charlton.

It's just one of many poor decisions made by our manager this season that have likely cost us better performances.

That’s possibly true, but whilst you’re watching Babestation and jerking into a sock, most of us will be talking of glory next season. The half glass full ethos is what brings us back week after week. You on the other hand... nuff said.

Socks? Thought he was a nylons man

Oh well, anyone know when next season's fixtures are out? Come to think of it, does anyone know when next season is?

Watching Brentford tonight was like watching us 9+ years ago in the play offs. Lovely football, cut us open with ease tonight and should have scored five or six.

I have mixed emotions with Cooper, he's done well with young squad and results, but at the same time I dread watching his brand of football next season. Its a case of one step forward with Potter and two steps back under Cooper, every game this season seemed a struggle win, lose or draw.

Sa2 jack said:
Cooperman said:
That’s possibly true, but whilst you’re watching Babestation and jerking into a sock, most of us will be talking of glory next season. The half glass full ethos is what brings us back week after week. You on the other hand... nuff said.

Socks? Thought he was a nylons man

Or possibly his bedroom curtains.

KarlHRummenigge said:
DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
What was wrong with what I said? It looked perfectly obvious that we were finding it easier to venture into their half when Gallagher was moved further back. It has been obvious to others as well, as I recall numerous commentators and pundits mentioning how Gallagher is playing further up the pitch for Swansea compared to his far more successful when at Charlton.

It's just one of many poor decisions made by our manager this season that have likely cost us better performances.

Totally naive comment, yet again. Gallagher came to Swansea with a view to doing a 'Lampard' driving forwards from a high lying midfield. Was one of the reasons for moving from Charlton as he became a fire-fighter during their plight.

For you to take yet another cheap shot at our manager on that basis says so so much about you.

Why do you post here ?

Well if he came here with a view to play in a position that he is quite clearly less capable of delivering in than what he found great success with at Charlton, I seriously question his ambition as a footballer as he certainly won't find consistent game time in the Premier League with those sort of performances.

I think it's far more likely he came here because we were a better positioned team in the league, offered more stability than Charlton and one of his childhood friends joined at the same time.

I'm grateful for his time here as he was by far the most creative player we had during his time here. I seriously dread to think what our match day squad will look like next season.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
KrunchyKarrot said:
Get a grip FFS, Cabango has a hernia and VDH has a half or so in him. They are a good footballing team, first goal Gallagher sold himself second Grimes and VDH frucked up. Full backs need to tuck in we can score dont panic.

Lol... That's you talking shit as cabango just came on

Cabango's had a hernia problem since the early part of the year, and might need an operation now the season is over. It depends how it settles down over the next few weeks.

Badlands said:
We can talk all we like about missed penalties and missed opportunities at the Liberty but this game was lost 30 minutes before kick off -
A back line that has worked, looked efficient and positive broken up.
Add to that his decisions on subs / lack of and we have what we had all season ... a manager who should be shipped out.
While getting to the play off semi was an outstanding effort late on the league. has been there for us all season, this game should have been well within our capabilities.
The back line got broken as a result of Naughtons sending off at Forest.....so Cooper reverted to what he believed would be a stronger and more experienced one. VdH hadn't played all the post lockdown games so yes the backline from Bristol City Reading and 1st leg but Naughton had been a fixture before the red card

TheLoneRanger said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Lol... That's you talking shit as cabango just came on

Cabango's had a hernia problem since the early part of the year, and might need an operation now the season is over. It depends how it settles down over the next few weeks.

Fair one I read it as cabango can't come on the pitch as had picked up a hernia injury only then to be brought onto the pitch.

Pacemaker said:
I was not confident before these games, but I think the team overall gave their all, a pity the ball didn’t bounce our way in the second leg. But Brentford were the better side and deserved to go through. It got interesting at 3-2 and if we had got another who knows.

There was a bit of naivety on their first goal, where someone should have blocked their keeper, I don’t think MVDH has played well in either leg and to be honest I think he has had his eye on a move out for some time.

I have more faith in our younger players who are hard working and hungry for success.

People on here having a go at Grimes, Cooper, Dhanda etc I don’t understand it, they gave their best shot, Brentford are a really good side and Watkins was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

Looking forward to next season.

A good season, hopefully we can learn, improve and move on.

I would like to click the thank you button for this post, but am not able to for some reason.

Sums it up for me, 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members