• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Play-Off Semi-Final (2nd Leg) Brentford FC (0) vs Swansea City FC (1) Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not confident before these games, but I think the team overall gave their all, a pity the ball didn’t bounce our way in the second leg. But Brentford were the better side and deserved to go through. It got interesting at 3-2 and if we had got another who knows.

There was a bit of naivety on their first goal, where someone should have blocked their keeper, I don’t think MVDH has played well in either leg and to be honest I think he has had his eye on a move out for some time.

I have more faith in our younger players who are hard working and hungry for success.

People on here having a go at Grimes, Cooper, Dhanda etc I don’t understand it, they gave their best shot, Brentford are a really good side and Watkins was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

Looking forward to next season.

A good season, hopefully we can learn, improve and move on.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
Gallagher is doing a phenomenal job of linking the defence and attack , reducing the amount of long balls our defenders are playing.

At least he was given 45 minutes in his best position before the season finishes.

You’re a tedious and negative poster at the very best of times. Not once have I seen you rejoice when we’re on the up and you’re only here to get a rise out of people. I only respond to you when I’m curling one out into the bottom of the pan; this says more about you than it does me.

Bryanswan said:
Hoping for Fulham to batter this lot at Wembley. Their manager is a grade A Tvvat.

Too right! Brentford manager is an arsehole. I cannot even be bothered to look up his name.

Cheers Jenkins. We're really well established in the next level now you sorry arsed cnt.

Londonlisa2001 said:
We were beaten by a better team. But we achieved more than I thought we would.

Young squad, budget eaten up by one player, inexperienced manager.

All in all, a good run after lockdown and played much better with this system.

Grimes was poor tonight I thought, and VDH didn’t try, ship him out, get Guehi back next season, either Brewster or an equivalent and hope our younger players get that bit better and Cooper that bit more experienced. And hope to hell we get Ayew out so we have some budget for the rest of them.

Hope that Fulham go in to get through, but that Brentford manager is such a complete tosser I wouldn’t mind too much seeing Cardiff beat them if it came to it.

We go again, in a league that’s far better than we’ve been in for most of the time I’ve been supporting us.

It's going to be hell of a job to replace Ayew's 18 goals if he does leave.

Londonlisa2001 said:

Grimes was poor tonight I thought, and VDH didn’t try, ship him out, get Guehi back next season, either Brewster or an equivalent and hope our younger players get that bit better and Cooper that bit more experienced. And hope to hell we get Ayew out so we have some budget for the rest of them.

Hope that Fulham go in to get through, but that Brentford manager is such a complete tosser I wouldn’t mind too much seeing Cardiff beat them if it came to it.

We go again, in a league that’s far better than we’ve been in for most of the time I’ve been supporting us.

Saved me posting. Brentford are a good side, but Frank is a grade one a-hole. Guehi was our best player tonight and Gallagher makes mistakes but is at least busy and positive. Shame to let Ayew go, but he looked good in the play offs- perhaps Leeds or WBA may make an offer. Disappointed but far from gutted.

MrSwerve said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Brenford could have beaten us 10 nil tonight, Thomas Frank could have run around the whole pitch and finished by windmilling his private parts in Tatey's face and I'd still want Cardiff to lose to them!

That’s because I live away so it’s not quite the same. Cardiff don’t get the time of day up here, so I can happily ignore them for the whole season. I hated them far more before we did 7 years in the PL as well. They won’t do that whatever happens, and as we can see now, at the end of the day, it never lasts and it’ll be our time again.

I’d obviously rather Fulham won tomorrow and then smashed the smirk off that prat’s face. I like Fulham. Always have.

TheLoneRanger said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

It's going to be hell of a job to replace Ayew's 18 goals if he does leave.

We can get 4 really good championship players in on his money. That would give us more than 18 goals net.

Cooperman said:
Gallagher is doing a phenomenal job of linking the defence and attack , reducing the amount of long balls our defenders are playing.

At least he was given 45 minutes in his best position before the season finishes.

You’re a tedious and negative poster at the very best of times. Not once have I seen you rejoice when we’re on the up and you’re only here to get a rise out of people. I only respond to you when I’m curling one out into the bottom of the pan; this says more about you than it does me.

Another excellent post.

Why oh why do we have such posters ? What on earth do they get out of continued negativity ?

His "hoof" comment in the 1st leg was naive, disrespectful and provocative.

Hang on.....Frank interview..........

Londonlisa2001 said:

Good post Lisa, agree with all of that.

Cooperman said:

What was wrong with what I said? It looked perfectly obvious that we were finding it easier to venture into their half when Gallagher was moved further back. It has been obvious to others as well, as I recall numerous commentators and pundits mentioning how Gallagher is playing further up the pitch for Swansea compared to his far more successful when at Charlton.

It's just one of many poor decisions made by our manager this season that have likely cost us better performances.

We can talk all we like about missed penalties and missed opportunities at the Liberty but this game was lost 30 minutes before kick off -
A back line that has worked, looked efficient and positive broken up.
Add to that his decisions on subs / lack of and we have what we had all season ... a manager who should be shipped out.
While getting to the play off semi was an outstanding effort late on the league. has been there for us all season, this game should have been well within our capabilities.

Cooperman said:

What was wrong with what I said? It looked perfectly obvious that we were finding it easier to venture into their half when Gallagher was moved further back. It has been obvious to others as well, as I recall numerous commentators and pundits mentioning how Gallagher is playing further up the pitch for Swansea compared to his far more successful when at Charlton.

It's just one of many poor decisions made by our manager this season that have likely cost us better performances.

Totally naive comment, yet again. Gallagher came to Swansea with a view to doing a 'Lampard' driving forwards from a high lying midfield. Was one of the reasons for moving from Charlton as he became a fire-fighter during their plight.

For you to take yet another cheap shot at our manager on that basis says so so much about you.

Why do you post here ?

Cooperman said:

That’s possibly true, but whilst you’re watching Babestation and jerking into a sock, most of us will be talking of glory next season. The half glass full ethos is what brings us back week after week. You on the other hand... nuff said.

Cooperman said:

... all true, not sure why you're getting stick for these comments (there are plenty of others that are deserving ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back