• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Watford FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

A first half we should have been 3 up and putting this to bed.

Second half probably the worst we've been since the drubbings by the top 4

A better side would have scored 5 second half

What have we learned ----- we still have a week spine in the side with fluffy bits on the wing

My daughter is at the game, and they have been given free food as they were leaving!
Heard that Coleman has been in with the away fans.
Some playing up to him and some have put him straight........dont think he will be in a rush to do that again 😁

A first half we should have been 3 up and putting this to bed.

Second half probably the worst we've been since the drubbings by the top 4

A better side would have scored 5 second half

What have we learned ----- we still have a week spine in the side with fluffy bits on the wing
One thing we've learned: If Joe Allen is fit enough for an hour, he STARTS Luke, it's no good bringing him on just AFTER the opposition have scored.

Not the worst game I’ve seen from us this season. Definitely a better side with Pato in it but a huge problem needs sorting at centre half when in possession. Wood can block all day but he’s done as a footballer at this level.

That was an awful watch.

Take a point, but we are still in trouble unless he stops picking terrible players, and stops telling them to not play the second half. It can’t be a coincidence. We won’t be gifted goals like that too often.

On the whole it's a point away from home.
7 points from 9.
5 points off the drop zone with a 3 point buffer to the team directly below us.

It's been a decent 24hrs for us.
Yep. I'm trying not to think too much about the poor elements of our performance tonight. It was just a crap game. it happens. We've looked much improved overall recently.

I think if we'd have played that first half with Allen and AnyonebutYates we might have been 2-3 up at half-time given how poor Watford were. But we still had to deal with Pato being horrendous and Ronald being off the boil. Got to be ok with a point for an awful game like that.

Anyone got one of them memory erasing devices from Men in Black I can use?

A result that will do the Yank owners nicely knowing they are safe again, I've conceded we'll never get rid of them

The points from recent games suggest there’s progress but honestly we are still a very poor side with no discernible pattern play.
Just like Saturday we dominated periods of play without ever looking in control, the defence is a car crash, individually they may be better with a quality defensive partner but as a pairing they’re a nightmare, got to score two to have a chance.
Hopefully crawl over the line at the end of the season but we need a huge rebuild in the summer.

Nowhere near safe. We have to play six of the 9 teams below us.
Safer than if we lost I mean, more fortuned too as we drew instead of losing and QPR drew when it could be argued they should have won if they scored the pen

Win at home draw away. That's promotion form. It's so frustrating how we try and throw those results away.
Watford were there for the taking in the first half, second half well we were at our 45 mins poor.
We held in more through hope than fight and Watford being poor for all their effort.

Still have that run and shot from Placheta in the 2nd half running through my brain.

Did so well waltzing into the box past a couple of defenders. With his mop of hair and legs running 1.5x speed, he looked like the polish Messi as he megged his way into the 6 yard box and then.................reality struck us in the face - zero end product. Just HAD to score from that chance. We had 2 players lined up to score. If I recall correctly he didn't even get it on target from about 1 inch out; Skied it over the bar. Painful.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back