• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Watford FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-1237.jpg

IMG-1408.jpg

IMG-1329.jpg

IMG-1412.jpg

IMG-1248.jpg
IMG-1282.jpg
IMG-1267.jpg
IMG-1249.jpg
IMG-1283.jpg

IMG-1417.jpg

IMG-1416.jpg

IMG-1328.jpg

IMG-1415.jpg

Last edited:
A team on "our level" when you look at the league table and current form.

With 3 wins in 5 for us it would be great if we could build on that and make it three wins on the bounce.
Hoping that Yates is dropped from the bench, had no impact at all yesterday except for missing a glorious chance when played through by Cullen. It was even on his stronger right foot and he cut inside a defender when he had only the keeper to beat.

If we can win at Hull and Sunderland we can beat Watford. The only difference maybe the quicker turnaround in games. Saying that we have players back from injury so we have a stronger available squad.

I’ve seen us lose up there a few times, and win a couple (Kevin Moore, 30 yard block tackle sails in the net 🤣). We had some great battles with Tosh vs Taylor. Still think, like Luton, they’re an utterly pointless club.

I don’t think we’ll win this one, but we have more chance away.

Ismael is under a huge amount of pressure (nothing new for Watford, I know) with the players supposedly not playing for him anymore, so a good start on Wednesday should put us on the way to a win. They've been dreadful for a few months, and although we aren't a finished article at the moment, we might actually be favourites for this

Watford haven't won at home this year, it's not a fortress.

Watford haven't won at home this year, it's not a fortress.
We're usually very generous in allowing teams to break out of those kind of ruts though...

But yes, they're on an awful run, so we should be confident of getting something.

Makes a change playing a team with the manager on the brink instead of new managers bounce. Unless that changes in the next 24 hours of course.

We're playing away from home against a team who are higher than us in the table but everyone, every expert, expects to get at least a draw. I don't think that has happened so far this season. On the negative side, their forum is still busier than this one.

Hearing and learning plenty of reasons to be bullish. Williams going for the jugular again with a balls-out game plan, I'd say. Confidence is sky high to get up and at 'em, along with the belief and mindset to sustain our dominance with measured, controlled, calm maturity and leadership. As per. The blueprint unfurls.....

Pato in with way more than a fighter's chance, fair play - firing on all cylinders by all accounts, such the committed mature pro, leading by example on and off the pitch (the scare to fill the #10 slot was felt wide and deep - shows what a vital cog in Williams' wheel he is).
Reckon Sagoe is unlucky again (many feel he should be in the squad to re-energize the team after 70 mins and drive home Plan A).
Ronny and Shemy flying and hungry - excellent acquisitions to fill the gaping holes/roles neglected the past two years.

Exciting times, again.

I’ve seen us lose up there a few times, and win a couple (Kevin Moore, 30 yard block tackle sails in the net 🤣). We had some great battles with Tosh vs Taylor. Still think, like Luton, they’re an utterly pointless club.

I don’t think we’ll win this one, but we have more chance away.
Yes, remember Ross Jenkins being a thorn in our side back in the Tosh, Taylor and Elton days!

I wonder if Key will be risked here or left to recover a little more with Naughton doing well but concerns about if he can handle 3 games in a week considering his age. Surely similar thoughts will be had with Joey who is starting to show real promise these last few games but the injury record and age will surely be playing on certain minds.

Considering their very suspect record from set pieces this season (3rd worst in the division) I cannot think of a better game to give Kukharevych an opportunity with Cullen and Yates not exactly impressing right now. Team I want to see:

--------------------------------- Rushworth -------------------------------------
Key ----------- Darling ----------------------------- Wood ------------- Tymon
----------------------- Allen ---------------- Grimes ----------------------------
Ronald -------------------------- Paterson ---------------------------- Placheta
-------------------------------- Kukharevych ------------------------------------

That.... actually seems like a very strong side to me and possibly our strongest line up with replacements in Sagoe Jr and Lowe for the wings, Patino for Paterson or Allen and Cullen for Kukharevych as players start to tire.

Yes, remember Ross Jenkins being a thorn in our side back in the Tosh, Taylor and Elton days!
Aye the lanky beanpole git 🤣. Also saw Luther Blissett take a penalty there in the season we started sliding back to oblivion. He hit it so hard, it hit the crossbar and bounced back to near halfway. How we cheered.

We still lost 2-1 🙄. That’s the real Swansea way of much of my experience.

I wonder if Key will be risked here or left to recover a little more with Naughton doing well but concerns about if he can handle 3 games in a week considering his age. Surely similar thoughts will be had with Joey who is starting to show real promise these last few games but the injury record and age will surely be playing on certain minds.

Considering their very suspect record from set pieces this season (3rd worst in the division) I cannot think of a better game to give Kukharevych an opportunity with Cullen and Yates not exactly impressing right now. Team I want to see:

--------------------------------- Rushworth -------------------------------------
Key ----------- Darling ----------------------------- Wood ------------- Tymon
----------------------- Allen ---------------- Grimes ----------------------------
Ronald -------------------------- Paterson ---------------------------- Placheta
-------------------------------- Kukharevych ------------------------------------

That.... actually seems like a very strong side to me and possibly our strongest line up with replacements in Sagoe Jr and Lowe for the wings, Patino for Paterson or Allen and Cullen for Kukharevych as players start to tire.
Forget it. He ain’t playing the K man. Lowe will come back in I would imagine. Or he’ll just stick with the side that’s won two on the bounce if Paterson is fit (?)

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back