• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Watford FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Do you just skip the matches where he gets chances and fluffs them? The "he just needs service!" brigade were answered weeks ago. Even when Cullen doesn't touch the ball he offers far more with his pressing (something we were told Yates was excellent at).
I've seen him have two chances in the last month. He scored against Ipswich, and then god knows what he did against Blackburn at the weekend, I haven't seen a replay, but he certainly didn't score. It isn't as if he's missing buckets of chances a match

Should have gone in 3 up at the break.
Complete dogshit second half and should have lost. Shows us exactly where we are...bottom half side and not the exciting times ahead as one deluded poster would have us believing.
New song - “Swans,Swans are falling apart - again”

I've seen him have two chances in the last month. He scored against Ipswich, and then god knows what he did against Blackburn at the weekend, I haven't seen a replay, but he certainly didn't score. It isn't as if he's missing buckets of chances a match
The Blackburn chance was missed by a player massively low on confidence. Early doors this season he hits that first time and buries it. He’s so scared of missing now he tried to take a touch and make sure but he was closed down and the chance lost.

The biggest difference between now and under Duff and Sheehan is that we always look a good bet to trouble the opposition goal. Let's be honest last night we should have been 3up and comfy by half time, we missed two glorious chances to extend our lead and paid for it.

Williams has at least acknowledged that the best form of defence is attack when you have defenders as bad as ours - that shows common sense at the very least.

I feel a lot better than I did a month ago about our prospects.

No doubt the Yanks will go and fuck it all up again this summer though.

I wonder what profile of striker LW wants as his man to lead the line

Luke will have some input but I’d say our best in class holistic recruitment model has already identified (and pursued, in some cases)our preferred targets for solidifying our spine - up top and CB.
(The last thing we should be doing is have the tail wagging the dog - we saw how disastrously that went the last two seasons, still lumbered with legacy dross and a legacy dross defence ).

We had Keinan Davis and Ollie McB in the frame last few windows - and I’m pretty sure we can beat that.

Luke will have some input but I’d say our best in class holistic recruitment model has already identified (and pursued, in some cases)our preferred targets for solidifying our spine - up top and CB.
(The last thing we should be doing is have the tail wagging the dog - we saw how disastrously that went the last two seasons, still lumbered with legacy dross and a legacy dross defence ).

We had Keinan Davis and Ollie McB in the frame last few windows - and I’m pretty sure we can beat that.
Even if we don't want the tail wagging the dog I think its no surprise to anybody that while we are relatively strong in a number of areas right now since selling Piroe we have not looked assured up top at all this season.

Yates is becoming increasingly anonymous
Cullen blows hot and cold and needs time to grow and become consistent
Lowe is only just back from a long injury lay off
Kukharevych can't get a game but is seen as raw and one for the future
Ginnelly has a long term injury and is probably seen more as a number 10 than a 9 anyway

If the club is going to buy into LW's chosen playstyle then even if we don't want the tail wagging the dog we should still be paying attention to the tail. His preferred profile of striker could and should be massively important in identifying our summer targets.

Even if we don't want the tail wagging the dog I think its no surprise to anybody that while we are relatively strong in a number of areas right now since selling Piroe we have not looked assured up top at all this season.

Yates is becoming increasingly anonymous
Cullen blows hot and cold and needs time to grow and become consistent
Lowe is only just back from a long injury lay off
Kukharevych can't get a game but is seen as raw and one for the future
Ginnelly has a long term injury and is probably seen more as a number 10 than a 9 anyway

If the club is going to buy into LW's chosen playstyle then even if we don't want the tail wagging the dog we should still be paying attention to the tail. His preferred profile of striker could and should be massively important in identifying our summer targets.

Agreed, hence ‘Luke will have a say, …..as part of a holistic best in class recruitment model’.
I would say the Club and Luke have ‘bought in to one another’ - something severely lacking the past two seasons with the tail swinging to its own self indulgent tune, and a hapless CEO eyes wide shut.

Well if you haven't seen the players putting their bodies on the line like they have done recently then this is a pointless discussion
I saw Watford give us a goal and then I saw Watford unmarked by our defenders score against us. They can put their bodies on the line all they want but if they can't keep the ball out of our net then it's irrelevant.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back