• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Ipswich Town | The EFL Championship

We had a run of 6 consecutive home defeats in 1957...

1957-09-19 Notts County H 1-3 19,353
1957-09-28 Blackburn Rovers H 0-4 20,767
1957-10-19 Middlesbrough H 1-4 8,904
1957-11-02 Charlton Athletic H 1-3 13,639
1957-11-16 Rotherham United H 1-3 12,964
1957-11-30 Grimsby Town H 0-2 12,573

And then 4 consecutive home defeats in 1991...

1991-02-23 Mansfield Town H 1-2 3,354
1991-02-26 Exeter City H 0-3 2,385
1991-03-09 AFC Bournemouth H 1-2 3,086
1991-03-12 Southend United H 1-4 2,712

Our best run of wins at home incidentally is an incredible 17 in the 1948-49 season, when we won 20 and drew 1 of our 21 home games.

Do you mind if I ask what site you got this info from?

I would hope their heads are far more clear of such negativity.

13 games is 30% of the season left, but that doesn't sound anywhere near as cataclysmic does it?

We are not in Rotherhams position, its in our hands and if we don't perform, we will suffer.
Rest assured their heads are in an entirely better place than some of our bamboozled miserable fans.

Confidence is flowing and growing steadily with each outing. The way in which we dominated with 44% more possession and territory, always looking to push and kick on, the expansive subs, the collective drive to get ahead - it must surely be obvious to our most miserable fckrs that we’ve got oodles of confidence, champing at the bit to get the next W.

Our Hull game and yesterday showed how good this team can be when we click.

Rest assured their heads are in an entirely better place than some of our bamboozled miserable fans.

Confidence is flowing and growing steadily with each outing. The way in which we dominated with 44% more possession and territory, always looking to push and kick on, the expansive subs, the collective drive to get ahead - it must surely be obvious to our most miserable fckrs that we’ve got oodles of confidence, champing at the bit to get the next W.

Our Hull game and yesterday showed how good this team can be when we click.
Shame about your 4-1
Loss yesterday scummer? Fuck off back to your own forum

Time will tell the biggest issue is we have just played the top four sides the top 3 are a huge amount better than anything else in the league...we shoukd have had draw the libi gifted them their second goal

Key will give us more than Naughton who was great for us today.

But it's all about opinions...I thought today we played mote like a Martinez side..it was entertaining I hated the loss but if we can continue to play like that the results will come
Post of the thread, by some distance.

It is about opinions, and some opinions are clearly far more sensible than others.

I too see a return to our playing identity, expansive ambitious adventure built on a core of progressive possession.

The icing on the cake - the way in which you flummox and bamboozle the already bamboozled irrational fanboys.

Post of the thread, by some distance.

It is about opinions, and some opinions are clearly far more sensible than others.

I too see a return to our playing identity, expansive ambitious adventure built on a core of progressive possession.

The icing on the cake - the way in which you flummox and bamboozle the already bamboozled irrational fanboys.
Mods...get this disruptive scummer off this site.

Now the dust has settled we'll probably play worse and win the way we played yesterday going forward, it's our pathetic defending that's letting us down time and time again...

I think any honest analysis would state they deserved the win. For every good chance we created, they created more (and hit the woodwork a couple of times), but at least we were in the game all the way.

I thought we looked better without Fulton in there, and I thought Joe Allen was still going well when they took him off; completing sprints and getting around the park. Patino looked good when he came on. I really hope we've seen the end of the Grimes/Fulton deadly duo. Grimes looks better when he's got someone else in there with him.

I heard somewhere that Darling was not a Martin pick
100% a Martin pick.

The oddest thing though - he treated him as his errant son - would rant, rave, shout and direct his rage at Darling in the dressing room. Totally destroyed his confidence. Much to the shock and horror of his team mates.

Darling is a late developer - failed to make the grade at academy level at Cambridge until mid-teens - didn't have the technical ability to play the possession based football that the academy played. So his confidence always has and always will be fragile, at best.

100% a Martin pick.

The oddest thing though - he treated him as his errant son - would rant, rave, shout and direct his rage at Darling in the dressing room. Totally destroyed his confidence. Much to the shock and horror of his team mates.

Darling is a late developer - failed to make the grade at academy level at Cambridge until mid-teens - didn't have the technical ability to play the possession based football that the academy played. So his confidence always has and always will be fragile, at best.
Impressive you know how the Cambridge academy set themselves up a good few years ago, fair play 💪💥

Impressive you know how the Cambridge academy set themselves up a good few years ago, fair play 💪💥
The football scene is a small world, jaxs. And the networks ever more connected nowadays, esp.

Big respect for Darling - I honestly expected him to flunk with us. He's repeatedly shown guts, heart and the will to disprove the doubters. Massive respect and hope he properly kicks on for himself and us.

And you reckon I’m a clown..ok Coco 🤡
Your poor syntax and grammar is such the give away.
Along with repeatedly poor judgement, lack of footballing insight, knowledge and opinion.
There's a theme, it ain't the good look and the numbers tell us the real story.

You made it hard for us towards the end, we were kind of hanging on with time running out but relief to have won it. I knew we'd start 4-2-3-1, some things can't be changed at least not with a McKenna starting formation but it often serves us well but not every time. Can't always understand the depth of attacking potential we got, (Chaplin, Broadhead, Jackson, Broadhead, Hirst when available etc) the manager doesn't field two or three forwards at a time, really believe we'd score more than we do but we've got a system in place that we as fans can't change and just have to go along with it.

I wish Swansea well, know the city well and it's a fun and vibrant location. You won the League Cup a few years back which was nice to see and a pleasant change from usual challengers. Got no wish to see you in League One as from personal experience it's a real lousy place to be and very tough to get out from. Without McKenna and the new owners, all this would not have been possible.

Wales are playing their European play-off in a short time and take this opportunity to wish the team every success in making it. Can recall Euro 2016 being real memorable as Wales came close to causing a sensation. Maybe you won't repeat that success but just make sure you get there all the same.

You made it hard for us towards the end, we were kind of hanging on with time running out but relief to have won it. I knew we'd start 4-2-3-1, some things can't be changed at least not with a McKenna starting formation but it often serves us well but not every time. Can't always understand the depth of attacking potential we got, (Chaplin, Broadhead, Jackson, Broadhead, Hirst when available etc) the manager doesn't field two or three forwards at a time, really believe we'd score more than we do but we've got a system in place that we as fans can't change and just have to go along with it.

I wish Swansea well, know the city well and it's a fun and vibrant location. You won the League Cup a few years back which was nice to see and a pleasant change from usual challengers. Got no wish to see you in League One as from personal experience it's a real lousy place to be and very tough to get out from. Without McKenna and the new owners, all this would not have been possible.

Wales are playing their European play-off in a short time and take this opportunity to wish the team every success in making it. Can recall Euro 2016 being real memorable as Wales came close to causing a sensation. Maybe you won't repeat that success but just make sure you get there all the same.
Class post , and am hoping it's yer club that goes up automatically. Stories like ours most recently Luton and fingers crossed yours where the underdogs come through are what we love.
Good luck pal.

Your poor syntax and grammar is such the give away.
Along with repeatedly poor judgement, lack of footballing insight, knowledge and opinion.
There's a theme, it ain't the good look and the numbers tell us the real story.
Like I said 🤡, and that post proves it, you’ll never be a legend like me.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back