• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Ipswich Town | The EFL Championship

Just 4pts from the last relegation spot now.

Sunderland, Blackburn and Watford next.

Then, we are into back-to-back derbies, followed by a Bank Holiday weekend double header against Wednesday and QPR.

This is a genuine, no-fucking-about, proper relegation battle.

I hope Williams and the players are awake to that.
The last 6 or so games plus the next three - who the fuck set those fixtures up? That is horrific

Just 4pts from the last relegation spot now.

Sunderland, Blackburn and Watford next.

Then, we are into back-to-back derbies, followed by a Bank Holiday weekend double header against Wednesday and QPR.

This is a genuine, no-fucking-about, proper relegation battle.

I hope Williams and the players are awake to that.

I would hope their heads are far more clear of such negativity.

13 games is 30% of the season left, but that doesn't sound anywhere near as cataclysmic does it?

We are not in Rotherhams position, its in our hands and if we don't perform, we will suffer.

...Then we need to keep it simple. Clean sheet is the overriding imperative in every match, not some pie in the sky 'shroomwank that a league two wannabee Pep thinks he can do in his dreams...

Not happening. It's quite clear that he only plays one way and when it doesn't work - as it hasn't in most games since he's been here - it's because the players need to learn how to play the system better. For all of our sake's, let's hope that happens as there's no way he's going to start being defence first. It's going to be high line, high press, front-foot stuff leaving acres in behind all the way as I see it.

Hope the players learn pretty f*cking quickly..

Drop either Wood or Cabango, we simply can't afford to play both liabilities at the same time, play Darling with just one of the chuckle brothers and we might just have enough to win the four games or so we need to stay up...

Darling needs to come in, atleast he has a bit more fight in him albeit can also have an error or 10 in him.

We also need some of our injured players back.....Lowe and Key are absolute needs at present.

Lost 4 home league games on the trot for the first time since 1991 apparantly.

We had a run of 6 consecutive home defeats in 1957...

1957-09-19 Notts County H 1-3 19,353
1957-09-28 Blackburn Rovers H 0-4 20,767
1957-10-19 Middlesbrough H 1-4 8,904
1957-11-02 Charlton Athletic H 1-3 13,639
1957-11-16 Rotherham United H 1-3 12,964
1957-11-30 Grimsby Town H 0-2 12,573

And then 4 consecutive home defeats in 1991...

1991-02-23 Mansfield Town H 1-2 3,354
1991-02-26 Exeter City H 0-3 2,385
1991-03-09 AFC Bournemouth H 1-2 3,086
1991-03-12 Southend United H 1-4 2,712

Our best run of wins at home incidentally is an incredible 17 in the 1948-49 season, when we won 20 and drew 1 of our 21 home games.

There was a lot more to be positive about from midweek but that’s not really a high bar to beat. Grimes had his best game in a couple of years and Ronald still continues to impress. Joe definitely made a difference but our saving Grace might be Darling coming back as a CB instead of Cabango and Key at RB. Yates was unlucky with his half chance stretched and was unlucky not to get a touch.

If he uses the the word brave in his post interview I'ii be done with him already.
I feel sorry for Williams.
For me, he is the right guy but the timing was totally wrong.

Makes you wonder what the situation would be if we kept Sheehan on.

Whatever happens this season, big questions need to asked on Coleman and Watson. Ultimately atleast one of Coleman or Watson need losing their jobs............someone needs to be responsible for arguably the worse planned summer ever as a club.

Darling needs to come in, atleast he has a bit more fight in him albeit can also have an error or 10 in him.

We also need some of our injured players back.....Lowe and Key are absolute needs at present.
Christ I forgot about lowe

Injuries have fucked us this season

I feel sorry for Williams.
For me, he is the right guy but the timing was totally wrong.

Makes you wonder what the situation would be if we kept Sheehan on.

Whatever happens this season, big questions need to asked on Coleman and Watson. Ultimately atleast one of Coleman or Watson need losing their jobs............someone needs to be responsible for arguably the worse planned summer ever as a club.
Start afresh nect year. We'll be ok this season, just. The last 7 games or so aren't the games to be judging him on - we should probably have 4 points more than what we have ( draw today and beating Plymouth).

There was a lot more to be positive about from midweek but that’s not really a high bar to beat. Grimes had his best game in a couple of years and Ronald still continues to impress. Joe definitely made a difference but our saving Grace might be Darling coming back as a CB instead of Cabango and Key at RB. Yates was unlucky with his half chance stretched and was unlucky not to get a touch.
Grimes having his best game in a couple of years is a bit of a stretch ain't it?...

I would hope their heads are far more clear of such negativity.

13 games is 30% of the season left, but that doesn't sound anywhere near as cataclysmic does it?

We are not in Rotherhams position, its in our hands and if we don't perform, we will suffer.

What do you mean "negativity"?

Are you in denial of the reality that we are in a relegation battle? Saying so isn't being negative, it's just being completely honest about where we are, right now.

I'd certainly hope their heads are far more clear on the reality of our situation than yours appears to be.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back