• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Ipswich Town | The EFL Championship

I long for a game where we don't have to discuss the merits or otherwise of Russell Martin's time here :LOL:
I know what you mean Phil but such is his legacy....Fisher,Darling our owners desire to move 180 degrees from his style... his fanboys here giving it large and his critics such as me still having a pop.
Luke isn't helped as he was Russys assistant but I put his name forward in the summer I like his football its close to that which we saw undr Martinez.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 how dare I use facts rather than bias. I couldn’t give a toss about Duff or any of our previous managers, and make no value judgement. You clearly could and do. Personally I would have stuck with Sheehan for no reason other than at least we were picking up points. You are claiming Duff was hopeless, but he got19 points from his last 13 games, and there is no argument at all about that, which would see us mid table if that were replicated by Williams over the rest of the season. You are just full of your own unsubstantiated agenda and desperate to prove your day one assessment, that you keep on pushing was correct, when in hindsight it really factually isn’t.
19 points from 39 is not that good mate. And you can't ignore what went before that, pretending it didn't happen.

He was absolutely shite, a dreadful fit who did a dreadful job, most sane fans know this, but you carry on retrofitting your own little facts to convince yourself otherwise if you want to. It's a weird flex but each to their own.

I know what you mean Phil but such is his legacy....Fisher,Darling our owners desire to move 180 degrees from his style... his fanboys here giving it large and his critics such as me still having a pop.
Luke isn't helped as he was Russys assistant but I put his name forward in the summer I like his football its close to that which we saw undr Martinez.

For me he was the latest in a line of managers not right for the club

The football under him was relatively dull for the two years interspersed with a couple of periods where we looked good - most noticeably at the end of last season where we won a few on the bounce largely against sides with little to play for.

He moved on but I do see where you are coming from

The problem we have now is its hard to say when we have the right manager as our squad is so damned average

The football under him was relatively dull for the two years interspersed with a couple of periods where we looked good - most noticeably at the end of last season where we won a few on the bounce largely against sides with little to play for.

The problem we have now is its hard to say when we have the right manager as our squad is so damned average
I think LW is and will be good for us but we are judging him on a really unfair set of fixtures so far

I long for a game where we don't have to discuss the merits or otherwise of Russell Martin's time here :LOL:

I couldn't agree more, Phil.

The problem is, the anti-Martin brigade are like Brexiters.

They got everything they wanted, but they're the only ones still banging on about it on every other thread, they're the ones who keep bringing it up on every other thread, and they're still not happy about it. Weird old bunch.

totally agree though if we can get Ginneley Key Lowe and Walsh fit along with Ronald and Placheta we have a little above average squad.
it's amazing if you had looked at our squad when we got promoted to the Championship on out way up was it above average then?

They got everything they wanted, but they're the only ones still banging on about it on every other thread, they're the ones who keep bringing it up on every other thread, and they're still not happy about it. Weird old bunch.
Just for the reference I didn't like Russell Martin - his brand of football bored me senseless!

totally agree though if we can get Ginneley Key Lowe and Walsh fit along with Ronald and Placheta we have a little above average squad.
it's amazing if you had looked at our squad when we got promoted to the Championship on out way up was it above average then?

I'm going to say yes as we had very strong foundations and a good way of playing.

That squad promoted from League One had De Vries, Monk, Williams, Rangel, Britton, Pratley, Bodde and Scotland all in it.

We are probably a better squad than our league position suggests but not massively - I would say somewhere around 12th-15th in the league.

no I react to the Martin fan boys like you..who bang on about his lack of backing yet until the January window he was.....he wasted how much on Darling and Fisher?
His football was dull and he himself admitted he wasn't interested in results.

Just for the reference I didn't like Russell Martin - his brand of football bored me senseless!

And that's a view you're perfectly entitled to - except you're not looking for opportunities to shoehorn in your views on that into entirely separate discussions about how rubbish our current centre back options are 😄

no I react to the Martin fan boys like you..who bang on about his lack of backing yet until the January window he was.....he wasted how much on Darling and Fisher?
His football was dull and he himself admitted he wasn't interested in results.
Except no one on this thread was talking about Martin, everyone was talking about how crap we were today and how crap our defensive options are. You then chose to make it all about Martin, who left last June and we're on our third manager since he left. Which then encouraged your fellow weirdos to come out of the woodwork to join you.

It's plain weird mate. It's not healthy. He left last June. That's nearly 9 months ago now. You got what you wanted. You need to let it go.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back