• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Sunderland FC v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

I don’t know why people are suddenly clamouring for McBurnie to return. If we can find one Piroe there are likely more of his mould out there. Could you imagine the damage Piroe could have done with Ronald and Platcheta outside him. The mind boggles!
A central defender absolutely yes too.
We are a different proposition as a team with Joe playing. He has upped Grimes’ game just by being on the pitch. Saying that you’d probably find Fulton reacting in a similar way - he’d raise his game too. Make Joe captain and give him a one year deal as he lifts the team in the way a good captain would.
In fairness absolutely nobody is clamouring for McBurnie to return, well almost nobody... 😂

In fairness absolutely nobody is clamouring for McBurnie to return, well almost nobody... 😂
Only one, and it’s not me.

That said…Eddie or Oli…tough choice…

I think we should be looking to end on 55-60 points now. With the run of fixtures we have, I don’t see why that should be unreasonable.

Only one, and it’s not me.

That said…Eddie or Oli…tough choice…

I think we should be looking to end on 55-60 points now. With the run of fixtures we have, I don’t see why that should be unreasonable.
I'd take Oli Murs over Eddie mate the fukin donkey 😂

Having watched the highlights, two things really griped me and it was from the goal and corner that the keeper nearly scored.

The goal, Tymon lines up marking the goalscorer clearly not goal side and just gives him a fee header because he didn't track him.
He should have been goal side, tight and preventing him even getting a run.
Basics

The goalkeepers header at the end, Fulton again just let's him have a free run and let's him go! Basics yet again.

It's situations like this where we need to be stronger, concentration needs to be higher and where knowing the lines of the dark arts to prevent players getting past you and into space.

Having watched the highlights, two things really griped me and it was from the goal and corner that the keeper nearly scored.

The goal, Tymon lines up marking the goalscorer clearly not goal side and just gives him a fee header because he didn't track him.
He should have been goal side, tight and preventing him even getting a run.
Basics

The goalkeepers header at the end, Fulton again just let's him have a free run and let's him go! Basics yet again.

It's situations like this where we need to be stronger, concentration needs to be higher and where knowing the lines of the dark arts to prevent players getting past you and into space.
I wouldn't disagree with you about any of that but I would imagine that there are Sunderland supporters somewhere writing almost identical posts about how and why Ronald wasn't tracked and allowed to be totally unmarked for both of his goals while we just prefer to think it was good play by us.

I wouldn't disagree with you about any of that but I would imagine that there are Sunderland supporters somewhere writing almost identical posts about how and why Ronald wasn't tracked and allowed to be totally unmarked for both of his goals while we just prefer to think it was good play by us.
Both our goals were from open play, both examples I gave were from set pieces when we were able to reset from the set piece and get organised before the delivery.

Both our goals were from open play, both examples I gave were from set pieces when we were able to reset from the set piece and get organised before the delivery.
The only defence I can think of for Tymon was the Sunderland player was standing in an offside position and if he was standing goal side he would have been pushing the defensive line back further. I do agree though that he should have been watching the runner to get goalside as soon as he arced his run to get back onside before the free kick was taken.

Really enjoyable game.
Should have scored more but scored enough in an outstanding first half. They came on to us more second half but outside of set-pieces they didn't trouble us at all.

Keeping the intensity of the first half all game is now the goal for Williams and the team. They've proven that they can play a very good team (especially at home) off the park so that should give them massive confidence going into our favourable run in.
Only trouble is, one of the big differences yesterday was Joe Allen and Naughton. If Joe incurs another injury, Fulton comes back, and naughton’s no spring chicken either. I just wish Oli Cooper could up his game.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back