• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread| Hull City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

We need to get Scrabble using his afterburners as much as possible in games. The defender might be a slouch, I don't know, but he had a 10 yard head start and Scrabble still flashed by him.

No end product, mind, but one step at a time...

The Penny just dropped regarding the identity of Scrabble 😂. On a more serious note we need to make sure that Ronald in particular gets the right contract to keep him at the club with a minimum £?? million price tag on him. Great to see him not just have left backs for breakfast but bringing the ball out of defence with oppo players surrounding him and still carrying the ball into their half. Superb player

Luke Williams talked to him a lot along the touchline
Quite a few of Ollie's recent performances have been disappointing to say the least so if Lukey can get him back to the player he was when he first broke through into the first team, he will be a real asset. A couple of years ago, we were all clamouring for him to be in the Wales squad but he hasn't looked like that player for a while.

We need to get Scrabble using his afterburners as much as possible in games. The defender might be a slouch, I don't know, but he had a 10 yard head start and Scrabble still flashed by him.

No end product, mind, but one step at a time...

Scrabble has got tremendous pace, but when he gets going, he seems to have only one thought - get a shot away.
Two or three times now, he's tried from impossible angles and wasted potentially good positions. The next job for LW is to coach him to realise he's gone down a blind alley, cut back and square it for someone running in.
As you say, though, one step at a time. The lad's done really well so far and seems to appeciate the chance he's been given.

Scrabble has got tremendous pace, but when he gets going, he seems to have only one thought - get a shot away.
Two or three times now, he's tried from impossible angles and wasted potentially good positions. The next job for LW is to coach him to realise he's gone down a blind alley, cut back and square it for someone running in.
As you say, though, one step at a time. The lad's done really well so far and seems to appeciate the chance he's been given.
Placheta and Ronald... serious pace on both flanks... I love it and its been far too long since we had that

Now if only we can get Key fit again so we can back them both up with full backs who also have great link up play and delivery themselves to create threatening overloads so that we can get in behind defences like back in the Rangel-Dyer Taylor-Sinclair glory days.

How about this for a day out?

4th May home against Millwall. Easyjet flight leaves Alicante 10.15am, lands Bristol 11.50am. I can pick you up about 12.15pm then drop you back at Bristol Airport about 6.30pm for return flight leaving Bristol 7.55pm to Alicante 11.25pm. 😁
Sounds like a plan, Dave, although the return is a bit tight (and expensive!). I could return a day or two later via Vueling from Cardiff after visiting family.

Placheta and Ronald... serious pace on both flanks... I love it and its been far too long since we had that

Now if only we can get Key fit again so we can back them both up with full backs who also have great link up play and delivery themselves to create threatening overloads so that we can get in behind defences like back in the Rangel-Dyer Taylor-Sinclair glory days.
I only saw the first half of yesterday's game but we did exactly what we needed to - we got them both in the game and they were a constant threat.

Long may that continue

Pleased to see Williams get his first league win.

I can't see us going down, although we do still need to be careful.

Roll on May and we can have a clear out and go again.

I only saw the first half of yesterday's game but we did exactly what we needed to - we got them both in the game and they were a constant threat.

Long may that continue
I thought Placheta was a bit quiet in the first quarter of the game but he rapidly grew into it after that
His end product and defensive qualities need some work but all in all he is an excellent prospect

Sounds like a plan, Dave, although the return is a bit tight (and expensive!). I could return a day or two later via Vueling from Cardiff after visiting family.
You only need to get caught in the ground for 8 minutes of additional time and then the blody awful task of getting out of the city and then the drive to the airport. Saying that, as you wont need to check in at the desk with a bag would you go straight up the stairs through security and on to the plane? That could be done in twenty minutes. You would need to get there by 7:30 PM. Imagine though, we have an amazing run and get in to the play offs on that game

You only need to get caught in the ground for 8 minutes of additional time and then the blody awful task of getting out of the city and then the drive to the airport. Saying that, as you wont need to check in at the desk with a bag would you go straight up the stairs through security and on to the plane? That could be done in twenty minutes. You would need to get there by 7:30 PM. Imagine though, we have an amazing run and get in to the play offs on that game
I usually get home between 7.05pm and 7.15pm and I'm about 1/2 hour further than Bristol Airport so 6.45pm at the Airport quite doable and should be fine for a 7.55pm flight without luggage.

It's a bank holiday weekend so flights are likely to be pricey!

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back