• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Coventry City v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Coventry City?

• Coventry win

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cadleigh said:
Another enjoyable game of football. I think I've enjoyed more Swans games this season than I have in the prevous four seasons put together, and that's despite us being poor for much of the time. We deserved that point against a very strong Coventry side with a referee who very much favoured them.

Having said that, I never want to see Grimes and Fulton on the pitch at the same time ever again, and frankly I don't really want to see Fulton play full stop. What has happened to him? All he does is boot the ball straight back to the player who gave it to him, instantly, with no advantage and often putting his teammate in trouble. His passing stats must be great but we'd be better off fielding 10 men and a practice dummy. I guess Sheehan must see things in practice, or know things about player fitness, that we can't guess at, but we were a different team once we had Allen, Patino and Cullen on the pitch.

I genuinely don't think the squad is as poor as some people make out. We have had a shockingly poor run of injuries to cope with. But we desperately need our first-choice defence back together, more creativity in midfield and at least one additional, quality striker. And a manager. And maybe new owners. Sort those things out and we'll be fine. :cool:
Isn't it funny that some of the fans on skybluestalk think that the referee was giving every thing to us and in no way was Jamal fouled for our free kick equaliser. I think that Fulton must have studied Grimes passing stats over the last couple of season's and thought to himself that he could pass backwards or to a team mate that gave him the ball to make himself look better on paper. The Difference Allen makes is stark. I know he is potentially prone to an injury but the effort that lad puts in must be nailed on the walls of the other midders so they can understand what graft is.

jack_lord said:
Isn't it funny that some of the fans on skybluestalk think that the referee was giving every thing to us and in no way was Jamal fouled for our free kick equaliser. I think that Fulton must have studied Grimes passing stats over the last couple of season's and thought to himself that he could pass backwards or to a team mate that gave him the ball to make himself look better on paper. The Difference Allen makes is stark. I know he is potentially prone to an injury but the effort that lad puts in must be nailed on the walls of the other midders so they can understand what graft is.

The ref booked Grimes for a body check block but when Lati did exactly the same thing against Pato to stop an attack later in the game, he got away scot free. And the trip on Jamal for the free kick was as blatant as can be. Fans, eh?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah that's all that matter right, stay up so we can struggle all over again next season and hope to stay up.

incorrect assumption,

stay up is all that matters,

rebuild for next season then

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members