• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Coventry City v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Coventry City?

• Coventry win

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i think we deserved a point but well done Joe Allen for getting the space for Cullen to get that excellent goal

Liammmmm yessss
Bae Soton, whatever shit show is happening behind the scenes you can't fault the effort and the form compared to the whole season under Sheehan.

anyone know when championship highlights are on tonight?

Fantastic free kick, Liam boy!

Far from a great performance overall, but we stuck at it and got our reward. Well done, boys.

I think we can put the Bolasie experiment down as a failure. Who is going to play up front against Albion? How's the big Ukranian lad looking?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Nicked a good point but second best for the second half. Papering over the cracks, we need wins.

We need a manager, creativity and a striker...........in that order.

A much welcomed point tonight.

Good point. The rest is just noise at the moment. We are so fragile, but just about keeping heads above water somehow.

eteb said:
anyone know when championship highlights are on tonight?

I had a look earlier and couldn't see them anywhere. With 13 games this evening and most of them finishing at 9.40pm, no time to get highlights done for quite a few hours yet.

The crazy thing is, that was probably in our top 6 performances this season. And it still wasn't very good.

We'll take the undeserved point thank you very much, and get the hell out of there.

Honestly, I must have been watching a different game to some of you, dreadful,shapeless performance, a welcome point but bloody hell that was poor.

Overall thoughts:

Cabango completely at fault yet again for the equalizing goal, came about 10 yards out of position for a ball he was never going to win and left a gap the size of Coventry itself with Humphries already marking someone on the other side. And he had the balls to shout at people about positioning in the opening minute or so! A carbon copy of his mistake for the goal before Christmas - the boy just has no ability to read the game and see when he should be holding the line.

Parker was positive, he was happy to make runs and contribute to the attacking play which when we got forward was in general pleasing to watch with multiple runners and one touch passing creating space.

One of those runners though was Bolasie, for all his promising cameos his time on the pitch for this one was shocking. He couldn't stay on his feet, I think he failed to take on a single defender losing the ball every time he tried and of the TWO golden chances set up for him by Walsh and Parker he failed to even connect with the first one and skied the second one from six yards.

Walsh again was superb, seems to be growing in confidence with each gam back from injury and I thought he deserved his goal tonight and should have had an assist too. Worked his socks off and showed plenty of good runs and creative work going forward too.

After his clanger on boxing day I thought Rushworth looked like he was determined not to let it get to him, fumbled a cross out for a corner but otherwise looked reasonably assured at doing the basics and he stuck to the basics. Let down again by Clown Cabango in front of him.

Yates didn't offer a lot when he came on, the game largely seemed to pass him by without really getting involved. Its justifiable when you contribute with goals and/or assists but otherwise its like voluntarily sending a man off. Wonder what Kukharevych has to do to get above him in the pecking order at the moment.

Cullen has had a graft a lot out of position for much of the season, took his free kick goal well and kudos has to go to Allen as well for forcing a hole in the wall leaving him with a huge target to aim at.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back