• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Coventry City v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Coventry City?

• Coventry win

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bakajack said:
Overall thoughts:

Cabango completely at fault yet again for the equalizing goal, came about 10 yards out of position for a ball he was never going to win and left a gap the size of Coventry itself with Humphries already marking someone on the other side. And he had the balls to shout at people about positioning in the opening minute or so! A carbon copy of his mistake for the goal before Christmas - the boy just has no ability to read the game and see when he should be holding the line.

Parker was positive, he was happy to make runs and contribute to the attacking play which when we got forward was in general pleasing to watch with multiple runners and one touch passing creating space.

One of those runners though was Bolasie, for all his promising cameos his time on the pitch for this one was shocking. He couldn't stay on his feet, I think he failed to take on a single defender losing the ball every time he tried and of the TWO golden chances set up for him by Walsh and Parker he failed to even connect with the first one and skied the second one from six yards.

Walsh again was superb, seems to be growing in confidence with each gam back from injury and I thought he deserved his goal tonight and should have had an assist too. Worked his socks off and showed plenty of good runs and creative work going forward too.

After his clanger on boxing day I thought Rushworth looked like he was determined not to let it get to him, fumbled a cross out for a corner but otherwise looked reasonably assured at doing the basics and he stuck to the basics. Let down again by Clown Cabango in front of him.

Yates didn't offer a lot when he came on, the game largely seemed to pass him by without really getting involved. Its justifiable when you contribute with goals and/or assists but otherwise its like voluntarily sending a man off. Wonder what Kukharevych has to do to get above him in the pecking order at the moment.

Cullen has had a graft a lot out of position for much of the season, took his free kick goal well and kudos has to go to Allen as well for forcing a hole in the wall leaving him with a huge target to aim at.

Darling also deserves a mention. Battles his best but completely woeful. Between him and Cabango it's no wonder we don't see the best of Rushworth

Well it wasn't a game I was really looking forward to.

First half apart from scoring we were being taught a lesson and Dog cutting through us easily.

Second half we did offer more but Cove still had the upper hand and scored. We did start to get more of a foothold frontage on and just for upping our effort deserved the equaliser.

Cov fans will be disappointed they didn't kill the game, but oh what a magical way to equalize.

NWJack said:
Darling also deserves a mention. Battles his best but completely woeful. Between him and Cabango it's no wonder we don't see the best of Rushworth

In Darling's defence he is not a right back but is being asked to play it out of position. It is something that we do desperately need to address as we cannot run without cover for Key who might be out for a few weeks.

A great point. Showing some resilience right now. That's two injury time goals in 3 games and we are 3 points better off for them. I wasn't to worried about Soton. They are rampant right now, and will go up auto. In a vacuum it was ugly but since Sheehan has taken over there has been a shift, albeit small, in the right direction.
We need to win 5 games to stay up. If we cant do that in half a season we don't deserve to stay up. I would be very surprised if we went down.

SgorioFruit said:
Sheehan will keep us up.
That's all that matters, at this point.

Yeah that's all that matter right, stay up so we can struggle all over again next season and hope to stay up.

Just to add, it was good to be in a pretty full stadium with a good atmosphere last night. Enjoyed it

We'd have been fuming with our defenders if Coventry had scored our goals. Gave the ball straight to Walsh in the area for the first and I don't know what their wall was doing for the free kick, parted like the Red Sea. Both very well taken though.

Agree with Sham above, the late goals recently are a good sign about the mentality and effort in the team, even if the quality is lacking.

No idea what's going to happen with the manager, but I'd prefer Sheehan to the end of the season to the likely alternative of the owners panicking and appointing the wrong person just to be seen to be doing something.

Libertarian said:
Just to add, it was good to be in a pretty full stadium with a good atmosphere last night. Enjoyed it

Really loud atmosphere, compared to most grounds.

Another enjoyable game of football. I think I've enjoyed more Swans games this season than I have in the prevous four seasons put together, and that's despite us being poor for much of the time. We deserved that point against a very strong Coventry side with a referee who very much favoured them.

Having said that, I never want to see Grimes and Fulton on the pitch at the same time ever again, and frankly I don't really want to see Fulton play full stop. What has happened to him? All he does is boot the ball straight back to the player who gave it to him, instantly, with no advantage and often putting his teammate in trouble. His passing stats must be great but we'd be better off fielding 10 men and a practice dummy. I guess Sheehan must see things in practice, or know things about player fitness, that we can't guess at, but we were a different team once we had Allen, Patino and Cullen on the pitch.

I genuinely don't think the squad is as poor as some people make out. We have had a shockingly poor run of injuries to cope with. But we desperately need our first-choice defence back together, more creativity in midfield and at least one additional, quality striker. And a manager. And maybe new owners. Sort those things out and we'll be fine. :cool:

SgorioFruit said:
Sheehan will keep us up.
That's all that matters, at this point.

Not going to be easy Jan/Feb fixtures are a nightmare, apart from Plymouth the rest are hard games.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back