• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Leeds United | The EFL Championship

I couldn't watch the second half due to Now TV feed making the game look like the world always looks to "Mushies" Williams.
The goals were all of a "kind". deflection, through the keepers hands, through the defenders legs. Just awful defence. We cant play this style with those honeymonsters in defence.
March will be here soon. We can scramble the required points together and move silently on to next season.
I'm giving Williams a pass until next Autumn(Mushie season)

The 5-0 under Sheehan at Russbotshire was just as big a shambles. Players just give up as soon as a ball is kicked.

This is it for me - against Southampton (twice), Bournemouth, Leicester and Leeds it was like we were just thankful to be on the same pitch as them and certainly we didn't put much into actually trying to give them a game

This is it for me - against Southampton (twice), Bournemouth, Leicester and Leeds it was like we were just thankful to be on the same pitch as them and certainly we didn't put much into actually trying to give them a game
My Millwall mate just sent me this

They're a good team, but Swansea played like a team from a few leagues down playing away in the cup. I think both of us are in trouble. Said it before and I'll say it again (I'm old so I can repeat myself) - the last game of the season might be very important for us both.

My Millwall mate just sent me this

They're a good team, but Swansea played like a team from a few leagues down playing away in the cup. I think both of us are in trouble. Said it before and I'll say it again (I'm old so I can repeat myself) - the last game of the season might be very important for us both.

I've said a few times over the last couple of seasons that when I watch any other Championship game on the TV it is like watching teams in a different division. The pace, strength and desire on the pitch just looks at a different level.

It's also mirrored by the fans as a direct result - the Swansea.com was flat as the proverbial pancake last night - everything sucked out of them by conceding two goals inside ten minutes.

We have had so many managers lately who have said things that we don't see on the pitch.

I've just listened to the post match interview and can't argue with any of it, as it's basics of football.

The problem I see is he is asking players to play at a style and intensity that they are not capable of.

After every season I look at the squad and see who I don't want to lose.

As we stand this season that number is zero.

Some players could improve with better players around them but we are a long long way away from giving the top teams a game.

It real is sad that I would get after effects from games but now it's a shrug of the shoulders and move on in hope only

He said this week that Kuharevych has been excellent in training, but it's difficult to find a game to give him minutes....

So it's not a game where we need a goal against a mediocre side (Plymouth) or even a game where we're getting smashed by a superior side and it doesn't matter what happens for the rest of the game (Leeds).

So I ask again, is there a single conceivable scenario in William's eyes when he will get minutes?

That's where I don't see the logic. The game was lost, whatever we think of Yates why risk his injury with Lowe already out.

Play Kuharevych even if to save other players some game time.

It was so frustrating last night to watch Ronald (second half there were at least three instances) making a run into space but us not even trying to play him the ball as Fulton and/or Grimes turned and passed back into the middle.

Or Wood on the halfway line with his foot on the ball looking for a pass when we are 3-0 down

Or as one of the boys noted Piroe took the ball off Wood with ease because he knew the player would put his back to him (Piroe) allowing him to nip in and take it.
We are - and have been for years - entirely predictable more often than not and Williams must question how he ended up in charge of such a basket case of a club.

I agree with what you say (and I wrote it in the article on Williams' post match comments) "Very slowly over what is now six years in this division we have been dismantled from being a club that could compete in the top end of the Championship to one which is destined to exit the division in the opposite direction. Just take a simple look at the players in last nights game and ask yourselves how many would be snapped up by a Championship rival. You won't need a second hand if you are counting on your fingers."

We have had so many managers lately who have said things that we don't see on the pitch.

I've just listened to the post match interview and can't argue with any of it, as it's basics of football.

The problem I see is he is asking players to play at a style and intensity that they are not capable of.

Some players could improve with better players around them but we are a long long way away from giving the top teams a game.

It real is sad that I would get after effects from games but now it's a shrug of the shoulders and move on in hope only
I'd keep Ginnelly because the poor lad hasn't had a chance yet.

I'd keep Ronald because there might be a player in there.

I'd keep Cullen because he's a local lad and he gets it and he is at least willing to run about a bit

I'd try and make Rushworth a perm if we could

Other than that, I'd ditch the lot of them overnight. I certainly wouldn't be handing out renewals to any of the out of contract players this summer. Get 'em gone. Start again. Total revamp required. Dressing room is putrid.

Agree. Criticism of managers stops here for me now. We've had, what, 6 that can't get a tune out of this group of players? Aside from Rushworth there's no one worth pushing the boat out to retain in the summer. That's a damning fact. Limp to summer and we need a complete rebuild. The fear is, where will the £ come from for that? We have no sellable assets, the cupboards bare. Depressing times

I'd keep Ginnelly because the poor lad hasn't had a chance yet.

I'd keep Ronald because there might be a player in there.

I'd keep Cullen because he's a local lad and he gets it and he is at least willing to run about a bit

I'd try and make Rushworth a perm if we could

Other than that, I'd ditch the lot of them overnight. I certainly wouldn't be handing out renewals to any of the out of contract players this summer. Get 'em gone. Start again. Total revamp required. Dressing room is putrid.

I can agree with Ginnelly & Ronald but both still have to prove themselves.

As much as I'd like a local lad, I think Cullen is a squad player at best and not s starter, even though he is the best available at the moment

Agree. Criticism of managers stops here for me now. We've had, what, 6 that can't get a tune out of this group of players? Aside from Rushworth there's no one worth pushing the boat out to retain in the summer. That's a damning fact. Limp to summer and we need a complete rebuild. The fear is, where will the £ come from for that? We have no sellable assets, the cupboards bare. Depressing times
And none of us can have any confidence that with our recruitment processes we can do anything of note with a complete rebuild

It's difficult to see anything other than a huge relegation battle next season

I know we blew out parachute money, so this seems like sour grapes, but it really fcuks up the league. That money should be a safety net, not allow teams to go out and buy £15M strikers for their bench.
Rutter cost 30 odd mill didn't be?

Him, summervillle and Gnomto are all 30mil
Plus players probably - ridiculous

A manager is still in line for criticism if warranted, but there is so much wrong at the moment to know if we are heading in a positive way.

March & April should be the indicators.

Blokes a cunt
He's an odd character. As someone said before you'd think we've pissed him off in someway.

Although at least it's better than not celebrating. Now that really is a load of twaddle

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back