• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Leeds United | The EFL Championship

Leeds, like Southampton and Leicester are teams packed with quality, any one player off thier bench would walk into our side, we are where we are, shit happens...

It's time to stop making excuses for him.

He's been captain now for 5 seasons. In that time he has been part of more than a few shitshows like tonight, and he goes into his shell.

I don't care about the half a dozen games a season where for some unknown reason the team actually plays well and he gets the cigars out.

I judge him on nights like tonight and he offers jack shit. He doesn't drive the team on, he doesn't bollock anyone, he doesn't go about fouling to try and shake things up, he just retreats and does absolutely nothing to stem the flow. Meek, weak, flaccid. He's stealing a living.

Is it fair I'm singling him out when others are just as bad? Maybe not. But no one grabbed his bicep and tattooed the armband to his arm. He agreed to it. He wanted it. Time he fecking acted like one. We need leaders right now, not babies. Step up FFS.
He did continuously show for the ball, move twice as far as Fulton, create space for others, look after the ball when put under pressure by his own players and always have his head up for a forward pass before receiving the ball but rarely had options. Ignore the ball for 5 minutes and just watch him - it’s then very easy to see what he brings.

If you want a Roy Keane type to go round stamping on people, that’s supposed to be Fulton’s job.

Grimes is not and never has been our problem. We’ve far worse out there.

Leicester, Leeds, Southampton need to fack off out of this division forever and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives.
I know we blew out parachute money, so this seems like sour grapes, but it really fcuks up the league. That money should be a safety net, not allow teams to go out and buy £15M strikers for their bench.

On a positive note, all the 6 games (aggregate score of 21-4 o_O) against the top 3 is behind us and it's still only February. surely all the teams around us still have to play them. After Saturday we'll have played the 4th team too.

As I feared. We caught Hull on an off day. The minute we play anyone decent we look league 1 all over.
WTF was the pre match talk ? Keep it tight ffs first 15 minutes....complete and utter shambles.
And to the few on here that think alls OK blah blah blah, yer fckn deluded .
Gutless/shapeless and Leeds didn't have to be anywhere near average to muller us.
Be more of the same Saturday. Literally hate watching us now.
There's a way to lose matches, and we have lost far too many in an unacceptable manner, Southampton twice and now Leeds . To have to sit there for the best part of an hour in this weather just watching Leeds basically running down the clock is an absolute disgrace. No guts , no pride , no clue. Just watch Leeds steamroller over us inside 30 minutes.

Everyone keeps banging about their million pound players.. we've got a few down there who were bought and earn millions, and we weren't on the same stratosphere.. Paul Watson needs his p45, it's clear he's a bit of an idiot

21-4🤣🤣

On a positive note, all the 6 games (aggregate score of 21-4 o_O) against the top 3 is behind us and it's still only February. surely all the teams around us still have to play them. After Saturday we'll have played the 4th team too.

Not you as well! Fulton is shot I’ll agree but this invisible cloak of unaccountability has to wear off for Grimes at some point, surely?
I think Grimes is trying to cover for Fults to much, put a better player alongside him and grimes will improve, been saying for months that the midfield needs work and serious work at that, both can go if needs be, but Fulton shouldn't be anywhere near the squad at this present moment, I've been one of his biggest fans in the past, but he's done and needs dropping.

He did continuously show for the ball, move twice as far as Fulton, create space for others, look after the ball when put under pressure by his own players and always have his head up for a forward pass before receiving the ball but rarely had options. Ignore the ball for 5 minutes and just watch him - it’s then very easy to see what he brings.

If you want a Roy Keane type to go round stamping on people, that’s supposed to be Fulton’s job.

Grimes is not and never has been our problem. We’ve far worse out there.

He's not the worst player I agree but he's not very good either. And he's the worst captain in the division. It doesn't matter if the game was already over, you clatter that Leeds player in the build up to the 4th goal, you pull his shirt or whatever it doesn't matter, you stop him progressing up that pitch to make that 4th goal. It speaks to a player who doesn't have leadership skills, who doesn't have a football brain, who doesn't have a winner's instinct, even if "winning" in this context means losing 3-0 not 4-0.

And it's not the first time either, he's done it for years. You can keep your showing for the ball. How about show some balls, some brains? Set an example, you're the captain.

Are Leeds, Leicester and, to a lesser extent, Southampton just freakishly good teams this year? I think there’s an element of that, but we’re still in control of how we approach those games and we’re failing miserably at that. It’s like we’re completely unprepared to face those teams.

Not sure how much of that is LW’s ‘tactics’ or the players mentality, but we shouldn’t be getting utterly rinsed in the first 15-20 minutes of games like that. Again and again. It’s not normal; even if you’re not blessed with super players.

Ipswich are not in that league, so I’m not expecting the players to totally shit the bed on Saturday, and we’ll hopefully see a response, but fuck my eyes that was ridiculous this evening.
Brizzle City just humped Soton mind.

I think Grimes is trying to cover for Fults to much, put a better player alongside him and grimes will improve, been saying for months that the midfield needs work and serious work at that, both can go if needs be, but Fulton shouldn't be anywhere near the squad at this present moment, I've been one of his biggest fans in the past, but he's done and needs dropping.
Fulton is basically getting worse. He actually defended an attack in the second half running away from the ball with his back to it.

Grimes is clearly at the moment trying to play more attacking (and it makes a refreshing change) but with Fulton in midfield (and the dreadful duo at the back) we will always be slow and cumbersome and hamstrung

As I feared. We caught Hull on an off day. The minute we play anyone decent we look league 1 all over.
WTF was the pre match talk ? Keep it tight ffs first 15 minutes....complete and utter shambles.
And to the few on here that think alls OK blah blah blah, yer fckn deluded .
Gutless/shapeless and Leeds didn't have to be anywhere near average to muller us.
Be more of the same Saturday. Literally hate watching us now.
I said as much Saturday but many on here thought it was the second coming. It's depressing watching the swans at the moment.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back