• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Cardiff City | The EFL Championship

It felt like it at the time but looking back they didn't trouble us once
True. It was largely in our heads. Our knack for being sh*t in the 2nd half, Cardiff being a team that scores late goals, plus the whole derby nerves made us feel like we were under the hammer when they had the ball, regardless of what they did with it (which was f*ck all in the main).

Congrats first of all......we were piss poor all game....Was Ng fouled for your opener...No.....he knew he was outnumbered and played for a foul. Was your penalty deserved? No......not much of a shirt pull...happens all the time...and a worse pull was on Ng later in the game which was not given.
The gripe with us is that we did not show any passion....too laid back.....some in our team we'd be happy not to see next season. Hope Bulut gives some of our youngsters a go the rest of the season.....something he is reluctant to do.
Anyway we are both going to finish mid table.....well done...see you next season..

As predicted in the very first post of this thread...Ronny tore em a new one and they totally bottled it. We were excellent...to a man. To any of the deluded scum cvnts that may read this...that's exactly what you are. Expecting us to roll over. Do us all a favour and shut the fck up/know yer place.

Darling should be our first choice CB even possibly captain
Yeah, I’d make him team captain. Grimes can be club captain, then you don’t have to pick one of them.

Edit. Both were excellent today, just for clarity.

Congrats first of all......we were piss poor all game....Was Ng fouled for your opener...No.....he knew he was outnumbered and played for a foul. Was your penalty deserved? No......not much of a shirt pull...happens all the time...and a worse pull was on Ng later in the game which was not given.
The gripe with us is that we did not show any passion....too laid back.....some in our team we'd be happy not to see next season. Hope Bulut gives some of our youngsters a go the rest of the season.....something he is reluctant to do.
Anyway we are both going to finish mid table.....well done...see you next season..
And in other news.... you didn't turn up

As predicted in the very first post of this thread...Ronny tore em a new one and they totally bottled it. We were excellent...to a man. To any of the deluded scum cvnts that may read this...that's exactly what you are. Expecting us to roll over. Do us all a favour and shut the fck up/know yer place.
And we defended their fee kicks so they had nothing to offer. Zero.

I think that was one of the best performances I've seen by us in a derby. We've had better players in the past; scored more goals and played better football, but the desire and commitment of everyone out there was off the charts; what an effort. I know Cardiff aren't much, but we made sure of it through sheer will and effort.

Full time thoughts:

Ronald looked back to his best today, largely responsible for the opening goal and won a penalty
Placheta has absolutely no end product for all his quick feet and pace, just cannot keep his composure in good positions
Cullen had an excellent game, thankfully the missed penalty didn't come back to bite us
Darling was massive today, hit the bar and seemed to get on the end of just about everything coming into both boxes
Rushworth didn't have a save to make, could have been on the beach today for all the threat they offered
Wood looked much better with a more composed defender alongside him

LW got his tactics and team spot on. You could see what the win meant to him with the 2nd goal
Agree with most of that, but I'll stick up for Placheta a bit. Yes, he's not got a lot of end product, but he still causes a lot of problems for opposing teams and links up well with others; he also puts in some decent defensive work as well. I would be amazed if we didn't offer him a contract. A lot of his end product issues are down to poor decision making - and that can be improved through coaching to a degree. e.g:

Williams: "Schemy, come 'ere son"
Plachets: "Yes, boss"
Williams: If I ever see you taking a shot on goal from outside the box instead of laying the ball off to a teammate I will personally f*cking crucify you, got it?"
Placheta: "Yes boss"

Last edited:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back