• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Morecambe FC | FA Cup Third Round

What will the result be against Morecambe?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Morecambe win

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cadleigh said:
The most frustrating thing for me is that the players we have (including Grimes!) have shown they are capable of quite impressive creativity and moving the ball at pace (if not actually moving themselves that quickly much of the time). Yet they revert time and again back to the same pedestrian football we were served for most of the past two seasons. Easier than running about and getting a stitch I suppose (Oli excepted - sounds like he either put in a hell of a shift or enjoys wallowing in mud).

It’s lovely having a manager who is warm and caring and liked by the squad because he doesn’t push them too hard. But right now I’d like to have Patches O’Houlihan as his right hand man.

We so don't need another Martin softy who doesn't push and probe. One of our very softest managers in yonks, apparently. Which is why the players - Pato esp - were so up for Duff's military regime. And look how Pato turned out, fair play, to himself and Duff's hard regime.

Sheezy kept up that work ethic and has worked them far harder than Martin ever did - and it's essential he keeps a watching brief on that hard work ethic now that LW is in situ.

It'll take some time for even Matty to be cleansed form the turgid, slow, backwards culture inculcated by Martin.

Let's hope LW builds on what Duff was building in our captain and leader - 'he has all the clubs in the bag, time to now focus now on the putter'. Fair play Duff. His lasting legacy perhaps, unleashing our captain and leader from Martin's meandering mealy-mouthed mess and negativity.

Anyone else watched the Cardiff highlights? Not quite sure how they managed not to score a goal. Even besides the missed penalties, they should have scored about 4 goals from open play. Bizarre.

JackSomething said:
Anyone else watched the Cardiff highlights? Not quite sure how they managed not to score a goal. Even besides the missed penalties, they should have scored about 4 goals from open play. Bizarre.

3 wins in 12 now - they are shite

Mork said:
I’m starting to feel a bit for Yates. If we were consistently putting him in positions and he kept fluffing his lines, then fair enough but we give him almost nothing. He could be a 20+ goal striker for all we know.
Ollie needs to stop looking for cheap fouls and have more of an impact on games.

There's no shortage of strikers who will give you 20 goals if they get enough chances put on a plate for them. Good strikers find themselves in those positions more often than poor ones. Great ones are then clinical with what they can conjure up. There were a few crosses tonight a sharper striker might have been on the end of, even if most of them would have needed a 12' tall lad to hope to convert.

First half was awful; so slow and timid - "Oh, Mr Morecambe sire, may my friends and I play with the ball in your final third, please? No? ok, sorry to bother you, we'll just slowly head back this way, sorry, sorry."

Played with a bit more zip in the 2nd half, which was nice, and saw some improvements accordingly. At least the new manager doesn't have a difficult puzzle to solve with this team. We're lacking pace, drive and intensity everywhere. Slow of mind and deed. Way too timid going forwards, way to eager to give up easily at the slightest resistance and head backwards.

With all the cavets of the caliber of opposition and the disjointedness of our team, I thought Patino was fantastic today. A class above everyone else. His languid style is not for everyone, but he does get around the pitch a lot. At times he looked like the only pro playing in a charity match, or a big brother playing with his little brother's team.

Thought Pedersen did ok given how little he's played. Nothing spectacular, but went about his business with no fuss. Still prefer to see Tjoe-A-On get a game there as I think he'll offer more dynamism going forwards, but hopefully his time will come.

FearOfAJackPlanet said:
First half was awful; so slow and timid - "Oh, Mr Morecambe sire, may my friends and I play with the ball in your final third, please? No? ok, sorry to bother you, we'll just slowly head back this way, sorry, sorry."

Played with a bit more zip in the 2nd half, which was nice, and saw some improvements accordingly. At least the new manager doesn't have a difficult puzzle to solve with this team. We're lacking pace, drive and intensity everywhere. Slow of mind and deed. Way too timid going forwards, way to eager to give up easily at the slightest resistance and head backwards.

With all the cavets of the caliber of opposition and the disjointedness of our team, I thought Patino was fantastic today. A class above everyone else. His languid style is not for everyone, but he does get around the pitch a lot. At times he looked like the only pro playing in a charity match, or a big brother playing with his little brother's team.

Thought Pedersen did ok given how little he's played. Nothing spectacular, but went about his business with no fuss. Still prefer to see Tjoe-A-On get a game there as I think he'll offer more dynamism going forwards, but hopefully his time will come.

I felt a little sorry for Pedersen, several times he tried to create an overlap for Bolasie or look to see if he was making a run in behind the full backs but gave up after about 15 minutes as not only did his runs not get picked out but by then you could see the whole side was falling into a malaise of playing walking football.

In the second half after about 5-10 minutes of the second half Parker swapped flanks and suddenly Pedersen had that runner with pace and his own game greatly improved for it as well.

On that note again I was impressed with Parker, pace and the willingness to run at and behind defenders. His decision making in promising attacking positions was almost always spot on and while the execution was sometimes slightly off (his cross towards Yates after breaking the line after about 60 minutes had a little too much pace on it) it was almost always the right decision. His assist for Patino was a real peach too.

bakajack said:
I felt a little sorry for Pedersen, several times he tried to create an overlap for Bolasie or look to see if he was making a run in behind the full backs but gave up after about 15 minutes as not only did his runs not get picked out but by then you could see the whole side was falling into a malaise of playing walking football.

In the second half after about 5-10 minutes of the second half Parker swapped flanks and suddenly Pedersen had that runner with pace and his own game greatly improved for it as well.

On that note again I was impressed with Parker, pace and the willingness to run at and behind defenders. His decision making in promising attacking positions was almost always spot on and while the execution was sometimes slightly off (his cross towards Yates after breaking the line after about 60 minutes had a little too much pace on it) it was almost always the right decision. His assist for Patino was a real peach too.

Encouraging - thanks for that post

westside said:
Ball No.24

Just not Man City again please.
Besides the likely hammering we would get I still can never forgive them for the raw injustice we got in Potter's season here when they had an offside goal given and a penalty courtesy of a Raheem Sterling diving masterclass.

Just an observation from down the road. No way will you get into relegation trouble, and neither will we....both mid table....

From our perspective last night.....some good play and youngsters at last got some opportunity. You seem to blood youngsters...we do not trust our 17-19 year olds which is a shame because we DO have some good ones. Why are we so shit at Penalties??!!!

My observation is that the appointment of Luke Williams as your manager he is a very good choice.....(which of course from our point of view is a negative!!). Don't be too critical of him in the early days.....he's good....and I would not have objected if he had been our choice...although in Bulut we trust.....

Moodyblue said:
Just an observation from down the road. No way will you get into relegation trouble, and neither will we....both mid table....

From our perspective last night.....some good play and youngsters at last got some opportunity. You seem to blood youngsters...we do not trust our 17-19 year olds which is a shame because we DO have some good ones. Why are we so s**t at Penalties??!!!

My observation is that the appointment of Luke Williams as your manager he is a very good choice.....(which of course from our point of view is a negative!!). Don't be too critical of him in the early days.....he's good....and I would not have objected if he had been our choice...although in Bulut we trust.....

Your opinion is of literally no interest pal.

Each to their own...I actually think that a cross club dialogue could be useful....excluding any derogatory posts.

Moodyblue said:
Each to their own...I actually think that a cross club dialogue could be useful....excluding any derogatory posts.

In what way?

Moodyblue said:

From our perspective last night.....some good play and youngsters at last got some opportunity. You seem to blood youngsters...we do not trust our 17-19 year olds which is a shame because we DO have some good ones. Why are we so s**t at Penalties??!!!

Cheers moldy

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back