• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Morecambe FC | FA Cup Third Round

What will the result be against Morecambe?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Morecambe win

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skippyjack said:
What you think then Jasp, he's got a job on his hands.. that looked like a relegation threatened team.. but we won't go down, you've got to be atrocious to go down

There's more than enough basket case clubs in this division to see us safe. He's won enough football matches to recognise when and why an attack isn't working, surely.

This will cheer up your Monday evening. FA Cup 4th round draw is in the build up to the Wigan v Man U game at approx. 7.50pm.
Come on you Swans!

monmouth said:
Really? So what do you disagree with?

Oh, ok, let’s parse it then:

Anyone who likens this style of s**t to the ‘Swansea way’ of Rodgers and Laudrup needs to be sectioned. What’s not true about that on tonight’s showing? People have equated Swansea Way with this sort of boring pointless possession. It’s just an indisputable observational statement

Yates isn’t even League 2. Nor some others. Bolasie needs gone, no matter what he does against these. Do you disagree? Williams must be thinking nostalgically ‘my notts beat these 5-0 a couple of weeks ago.’ I don’t know what he’s thinking, but his league two side took apart Morecambe’s first team. We did not. If they go for us, we will gift them a goal. We’ve tried twice already when they’ve put the ball anywhere near our goal. Again observations on Woods shenanigans. We didn’t gift them a goal so that wasn’t true, but they didn’t really go for our back 3 neither.

The plus is that, we do have some better players to come in. In championship terms this is showing what a pickle we are in as we don’t have that many better, just different. Who is definitely better than the team we put out except Key and Rushworth?

I still expect a 2-0 minimum. Anything else with all the ball is not really on, is it? 2-0

Quality rant that Mon!
I guess Miss Marple is on the back-burner :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
Quality rant that Mon!
I guess Miss Marple is on the back-burner :lol:

It’s not a f***ing rant Jaxs ffs you f***er

🤣🤣

Off now. The doctor dun it.

Good chance for new boss to look at the squad. I think he’ll have learnt a lot.

The real weaknesses shone through.

Made it through the 3rd round for the first time in a while. So that’s good,

Few weeks now to work with them and try to get some pace and creativity into this squad.

Londonlisa2001 said:

Few weeks now to work with them and try to get some pace and creativity into this squad.

Lucky for him he's already bald :lol:

I mentioned young players above, but forgot to give a pat on the back for Sam Parker. At only seventeen, the lad has really impressed me and is a very exciting prospect. I hope there are a few others like him close to coming through.

Swanjaxs said:
I think the gaffer would have learned that Pedersen, Naughton and Cooper should be nowhere near a matchday squad anyway...

I think Pedersen is decent enough when defending and probably a better option than Wood. Giving him the ball in the final third is just cruel though.

Sam Parker - the only stand out player for our U21s against Ipswich a few weeks back.
Chuffed he then got the call up soon thereafter.

The same game Fletcher got a hat trick and got the headlines but was SO not up to 1st team intensity, intelligence, touch and pace. Wilson neither. And Lissah was way behind the curve.

We need 3x incomings (CF,CH,LW) and 2x replacements for our replacements,”.

Go get’em AC, like you do best….

I’m starting to feel a bit for Yates. If we were consistently putting him in positions and he kept fluffing his lines, then fair enough but we give him almost nothing. He could be a 20+ goal striker for all we know.
Ollie needs to stop looking for cheap fouls and have more of an impact on games.

Skippyjack said:
Patino shows flashes of top quality talent, if he can harness it, he'll play for Arsenal.. he's your typical drifts out of game player

Juventus scouts were at the game tonight watching him, so maybe he won’t be at Arsenal much longer or us for that matter.

Swansea93 said:
Juventus scouts were at the game tonight watching him, so maybe he won’t be at Arsenal much longer or us for that matter.

Which is one of the many reasons we didn’t play Matty from the off, well done Lukey and AC.

Imagine we lost our talismanic leader and captain - a nailed on non negotiable for LW, by all accounts.

LW’s system, plans and hopes would fall flat on its bald face without Matty. Just as Martinwang woulda.

Londonlisa2001 said:

The two key words...pace/ creativity.

Crying out for it.

monmouth said:
Really? So what do you disagree with?

Oh, ok, let’s parse it then:

Anyone who likens this style of s**t to the ‘Swansea way’ of Rodgers and Laudrup needs to be sectioned. What’s not true about that on tonight’s showing? People have equated Swansea Way with this sort of boring pointless possession. It’s just an indisputable observational statement

Yates isn’t even League 2. Nor some others. Bolasie needs gone, no matter what he does against these. Do you disagree? Williams must be thinking nostalgically ‘my notts beat these 5-0 a couple of weeks ago.’ I don’t know what he’s thinking, but his league two side took apart Morecambe’s first team. We did not. If they go for us, we will gift them a goal. We’ve tried twice already when they’ve put the ball anywhere near our goal. Again observations on Woods shenanigans. We didn’t gift them a goal so that wasn’t true, but they didn’t really go for our back 3 neither.

The plus is that, we do have some better players to come in. In championship terms this is showing what a pickle we are in as we don’t have that many better, just different. Who is definitely better than the team we put out except Key and Rushworth?

I still expect a 2-0 minimum. Anything else with all the ball is not really on, is it? 2-0

Edit Yates is probably league 2. I’m ask Miss Marple to investigate.

Didn’t watch game - too busy driving northwards on the autobahn - so can’t comment on anything but your first paragraph. That was spot on. „The Swansea way“ is a straw that the clueless owners are now latching on to to get a bit of cred.

The most frustrating thing for me is that the players we have (including Grimes!) have shown they are capable of quite impressive creativity and moving the ball at pace (if not actually moving themselves that quickly much of the time). Yet they revert time and again back to the same pedestrian football we were served for most of the past two seasons. Easier than running about and getting a stitch I suppose (Oli excepted - sounds like he either put in a hell of a shift or enjoys wallowing in mud).

It’s lovely having a manager who is warm and caring and liked by the squad because he doesn’t push them too hard. But right now I’d like to have Patches O’Houlihan as his right hand man.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back