• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Huddersfield Town | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Huddersfield ?

• Swans win

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Huddersfield win

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cooperman said:
He picked Cabango over Darling, wrong call IMO.

Cabango is fast turning into the new 50p head.

50p foot. I feel sorry for the lad given he’s one of ours, but he’s not pushed on, his decision making is iffy and his passing especially is woeful.

NWJack said:
41 days ago we played brilliantly against Leicester, despite losing 3-1. The team that day: Rushworth, Key, Darling, Humphreys, Tymon, Patino, Grimes, Cullen, Paterson, Lowe, Yates. But since then we've struggled big time.
That is still probably our strongest line up

Brilliantly?

We were ok, and could have got a lucky draw but also could have been totally creamed with our tactics on the defensive flanks.

I'm not sure Cullen or Yates would make our strongest team...maybe need one of them as Hobson's choice. My view is we have to start trying the likes of Congreve, just to see, but I think that should have happened when we were clear of trouble; now it's too much pressure. Gino and the snake Ntcham are tough losses with the squad we have.

Cabango played as if he was pìssed out of his scull, an embarrassing performance for a professional footballer.

cwmdonkinjack said:
can't blame Duff for that or no penalty awarded. We ain't great but we were the only team deserving of 3 points today against a very negative Huddersfield
Yep looos like another poor decision against us for the hand ball

Just read through the thread after getting home from the match.
We were awful. Very lucky to have gotten a draw. Only one mention here of a penalty shout for us for handball, it looked a pen to me, but …
The booing at full time, I think, surprised Duff who didn’t do his usual walk around the pitch clapping.
I can’t fathom for the life of me what his tactics are so maybe the players have the same problem. 🤔
Ben Cabango had a mare, and this tip tap back and forth between Grimes and Fulton does my head in.
This game should have been a banker as should the next against Rotherham but we’re heading south in the table and it’s going to be a hard watch unless something is changed and that is probably Mr. Duff.

monmouth said:
Brilliantly?

We were ok, and could have got a lucky draw but also could have been totally creamed with our tactics on the defensive flanks.

I'm not sure Cullen or Yates would make our strongest team...maybe need one of them as Hobson's choice. My view is we have to start trying the likes of Congreve, just to see, but I think that should have happened when we were clear of trouble; now it's too much pressure. Gino and the snake Ntcham are tough losses with the squad we have.

Manning, Ntcham, Piroe. That’s 3 players we’ve replaced poorly. Gino a loss, but I don’t think he’d have been the difference tbh.

Dare I say it, we haven’t even replaced Lati. That says it all.

Muteswan said:
I can’t fathom for the life of me what his tactics are so maybe the players have the same problem. 🤔

That’s the issue. We don’t have any sense of identity, and that now isn’t just an issue on the pitch but off it too. It’s being chewed over on Call Rob now - young Tosh is talking about this very point now. Aimless on the pitch and no connection with the fans off it.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
50p foot. I feel sorry for the lad given he’s one of ours, but he’s not pushed on, his decision making is iffy and his passing especially is woeful.

I had high hopes that Duff would coach the dross out of Cabango, Darling and co. Reality is very different, I’m sorry to say.

Swanjaxs said:
Cabango played as if he was pìssed out of his scull, an embarrassing performance for a professional footballer.

Same with Yates.

Muteswan said:
Just read through the thread after getting home from the match.
We were awful. Very lucky to have gotten a draw. Only one mention here of a penalty shout for us for handball, it looked a pen to me, but …
The booing at full time, I think, surprised Duff who didn’t do his usual walk around the pitch clapping.
Ben Cabango had a mare, and this tip tap back and forth between Grimes and Fulton does my head in.
This game should have been a banker as should the next against Rotherham but we’re heading south in the table and it’s going to be a hard watch unless something is changed and that is probably Mr. Duff.

There were two penalty shouts where their players jumped in the air with their arms raised for some daft reason, but both hit them in the face/chest and were rightly waved away imo based on the replays.

cwmdonkinjack said:
can't blame Duff for that or no penalty awarded. We ain't great but we were the only team deserving of 3 points today against a very negative Huddersfield

Firstly, the penalty was no penalty! Watching at home, they did a re-run and it clearly hit the player full in the face. The team that deserves 3 points is the team that scores more goals, forget 80% possession, having all that possession and not winning is a particular talent of ours. Duff's team selection is COMPLETELY baffling. A blind Bambi (no-eyed deer).

Well, what on earth was that? I drove a 210 mile round trip to watch a football match and got something else instead. I got home about 7.15pm and my wife asked me if it was a good game, to which I replied "I don't really know" then spent about 10 minutes trying unsuccessfully to describe it to her.

karnataka said:
Well, what on earth was that? I drove a 210 mile round trip to watch a football match and got something else instead. I got home about 7.15pm and my wife asked me if it was a good game, to which I replied "I don't really know" then spent about 10 minutes trying unsuccessfully to describe it to her.

I can help, mate.

No.

karnataka said:

Fair play to you.

if we were a pop group we would have been no direction.
We were back to shameful passing by professional footballers. If Doctors and nurses made mistakes in their profession akin to our players they would be stuck off.
We need a bunch of arrows to point which way to pass.
we could and should have won but left it criminally late to equalise but thank the lord we have someone like Bolasie to change the shape of the game and make the opposition think.
Grimes and Fulton playing pass the ball does my ficking nuts in

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back