• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Stoke City v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Stoke?

• Stoke win

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3swan said:
Now let's say you were an assistant at somewhere like say Spurs.
Maybe it's time to go for a first team coach position.
After seeing that performance tonight would you think that's where I'd like to start my managerial career.

Funnily enough, yes, I would.

We are a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.

Despite the current shambles, we have a good stadium, a good training set up, a good academy, some seemingly good young prospects, a city that overwhelmingly supports its local team (compared to most small cities), a patient crowd that will give you time as long as it looks like you have a clue what you’re doing and owners that appear to be willing to put at least some money in at the moment as they are obviously desperate to go up and (probably) get out. Plus we have some ‘external’ money in the shape of Morris lurking in the wings if it starts to go well.

The negatives are interference from Levien / Kaplan (although their influence may be slightly on the wane - note, slightly), a chairman that has almost no experience in the game, a tendency to bring in people at a high level for no real reason other than, it seems, a willingness to live in Swansea, and I’m not particularly convinced about recruitment / scouting under the leadership of Watson to be honest.

But given some assurances on ability to influence those things, I suspect an ambitious assistant would jump at it.

I think we will get Chris Davies and let’s hope that reports of his coaching ability prove accurate. He’s certainly undergone a pretty impressive apprenticeship and should also have good contacts. If we do bring him in, I’ll be interested to see who he brings in as part of his team. That will tell us a lot.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Funnily enough, yes, I would.

We are a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.

Despite the current shambles, we have a good stadium, a good training set up, a good academy, some seemingly good young prospects, a city that overwhelmingly supports its local team (compared to most small cities), a patient crowd that will give you time as long as it looks like you have a clue what you’re doing and owners that appear to be willing to put at least some money in at the moment as they are obviously desperate to go up and (probably) get out. Plus we have some ‘external’ money in the shape of Morris lurking in the wings if it starts to go well.

The negatives are interference from Levien / Kaplan (although their influence may be slightly on the wane - note, slightly), a chairman that has almost no experience in the game, a tendency to bring in people at a high level for no real reason other than, it seems, a willingness to live in Swansea, and I’m not particularly convinced about recruitment / scouting under the leadership of Watson to be honest.

But given some assurances on ability to influence those things, I suspect an ambitious assistant would jump at it.

I think we will get Chris Davies and let’s hope that reports of his coaching ability prove accurate. He’s certainly undergone a pretty impressive apprenticeship and should also have good contacts. If we do bring him in, I’ll be interested to see who he brings in as part of his team. That will tell us a lot.

I agree with the positives.

Although your postings of the following are a concern

"Despite the current shambles"
" a chairman that has almost no experience in the game"
"and I’m not particularly convinced about recruitment / scouting under the leadership of Watson to be honest."

Everything I've read from day 1 makes me hope he does come. If he does I can only hope/assume that he will have been given promises and reassurances that makes him feel that it is a job worth taking.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back