• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Stoke City v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Stoke?

• Stoke win

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-8484.jpg

IMG-8476.jpg

IMG-8485.jpg

IMG-8560.jpg

IMG-8556.jpg

IMG-8494.jpg

IMG-8497.jpg

IMG-8514.jpg

IMG-8530.jpg

IMG-8561.jpg

IMG-8562.jpg

IMG-8537.jpg

IMG-8467.jpg

They've lost their last four on the trot. I'd be much more confident if they'd won their last four, such is the perversity of football statistics. We'll do well to come away with a point.

If memory serves our record against em, isn't the best to be fair. Here's hoping for 3 points.

First goal will be vital. They are on the floor atm , we get it and could be a great night.
Concede first, it'll be a nitemare.

Absolutely terrible timing for Stoke to sack Neil from a Swansea point of view. You might have got something if he was still there but I fear a heavy defeat now.

ROKERITE said:
Absolutely terrible timing for Stoke to sack Neil from a Swansea point of view. You might have got something if he was still there but I fear a heavy defeat now.

There we are then.
Thanks for that.

Bizarre that, when we don't have a manager, we play 2 clubs also without a manager in just a few days. This is how football at this level is these days though when there are probably quite a few clubs over the last few years who will have played home and away against Watford over 2 season and faced 4 different managers :lol: :lol:

sainthelens said:
There we are then.
Thanks for that.

I hope I'm wrong. Every point you drop this season is costing me a lot of money. I backed you because I thought Duff was a very good appointment and I was very sorry to see him sacked. I hope his replacement will hit the ground running.
I believe Duff will prove his ability, even at Championship level, at some other club. The one reservation I have is his apparent reluctance to live away from his family home in Cheltenham. Football managers/head coaches are well paid and must accept being apart from their loved ones most of the time as part of the job.

karnataka said:
Bizarre that, when we don't have a manager, we play 2 clubs also without a manager in just a few days. This is how football at this level is these days though when there are probably quite a few clubs over the last few years who will have played home and away against Watford over 2 season and faced 4 different managers :lol: :lol:

Ten Championship clubs have sacked their manager this season and we aren't half-way through. Four of them remain managerless.

ROKERITE said:
I hope I'm wrong. Every point you drop this season is costing me a lot of money. I backed you because I thought Duff was a very good appointment and I was very sorry to see him sacked. I hope his replacement will hit the ground running.
I believe Duff will prove his ability, even at Championship level, at some other club. The one reservation I have is his apparent reluctance to live away from his family home in Cheltenham. Football managers/head coaches are well paid and must accept being apart from their loved ones most of the time as part of the job.

Yer talking through yer pocket pal. Never ends well.

ROKERITE said:

In a potentially ironic twist, Duff could actually be a better fit for Stoke than he ever was for us as they have never had the reputation for playing a possession based game like we have even if ours is somewhat over-hyped these days. They will always be tarnished with the Pulis brand which, to be polite, places more emphasis on things other than possession. :D

I'm sure Duff will land another job at some point. It may even be in the Championship. He might even do well somewhere else where he might be a better fit, as Karnataka suggests.

But, right now, if I was a Championship club with a vacancy, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Whatever reputation he might have built up at Cheltenham and Barnsley is rendered virtually irrelevant, because as a second tier manager he has been found to be lacking in several departments. Stranger things have happened in football, but I'd be absolutely astounded if his next job is at Championship level. My jaw would drop.

Andrew - North Hill said:
I'm sure Duff will land another job at some point. It may even be in the Championship. He might even do well somewhere else where he might be a better fit, as Karnataka suggests.

But, right now, if I was a Championship club with a vacancy, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Whatever reputation he might have built up at Cheltenham and Barnsley is rendered virtually irrelevant, because as a second tier manager he has been found to be lacking in several departments. Stranger things have happened in football, but I'd be absolutely astounded if his next job is at Championship level.

My jaw would drop.
[/quote

It's a shame it won't close

You even edited it after posting, and you still couldn't get it right the second time. Write your own punchline.

🤡

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back