• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Rotherham United v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Rotherham?

• Rotherham win

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched the whole game. 2 crap sides, thank gawd they had a man sent off. First 10 mins all Rotherham. We are so slow in possession it’s laughable. Where is the pace in our midfield?
Sorry, unless we bring some of it into this team, we will struggle.

Proper Jack said:
The melodramatic knee jerkers are the new Swansea Way, post Martin. Ever so entitled and hurt snowflakes.

With Grimes as captain, and with pragmatists Sheehan and Marge in situ we’ll be pushing for playoffs.

16th, Martin’s career median.

Lol. It's so funny, the way Martin has coaxed out the dinosaurs in our fanbase.

One of the most middle of the road coaches we've ever had, but they are still utterly obsessed, he's still living rent free in their heads, despite leaving the payroll in June.

What a bunch of weirdos. Utterly bizarre.

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
I watched the whole game. 2 crap sides, thank gawd they had a man sent off. First 10 mins all Rotherham. We are so slow in possession it’s laughable. Where is the pace in our midfield?
Sorry, unless we bring some of it into this team, we will struggle.

There were a handful of games between QPR and Leicester where Grimes showed real attacking intent, before reverting back to the pedestrian sideways passing of the previous two seasons. How did Duff manage to get that out of him, and how was he allowed to slip back again? I gather that part of the reason Duff was sacked was because players were unhappy with him. Was our captain part of that revolt?

cadleigh said:
There were a handful of games between QPR and Leicester where Grimes showed real attacking intent, before reverting back to the pedestrian sideways passing of the previous two seasons. How did Duff manage to get that out of him, and how was he allowed to slip back again? I gather that part of the reason Duff was sacked was because players were unhappy with him. Was our captain part of that revolt?

Not at all.

I understand there was mutual respect (as there always has been with Grimes and managers).
Duff was coaxing and encouraging Grimes to revert to more progressive heads up and eyes forward. Unleashing him from two years of sideways-back-ball.
I heard he told Grimes: you have all the clubs in the bag, you can ping it anywhere - now properly focus on the putter

cadleigh said:

His interview on the football league highlights suggested little love lost for Duff imo

While Grimes might not have been fussed on Duff I don't think he has got it in him to lead a dressing room revolt, to be quite honest. He's one of the meekest footballers you'll ever see, I reckon he'd run a mile from any conflict. Have you ever seen him bollock a teammate? He hasn't got it in him.

Plus in any case, it's rarely players who play regularly who tend to cause trouble for a manager. It's usually the ones on the bench or in the stands.

Pretty poor performance and I dount very much whether we'd have won against 11 men. Difficult watch.

Having said thay I'd be delighted with exactly same on Tuesday.

But if we do somehow win Tuesday, we really need to resist the urge to give the job full time to Sheehan. No matter how harsh that may seem.

For what it's worth, Darling is easily our best CB. I wish Grimes would look at the way he shoots from distance as well as they both have it in them. Far better option now and then rather than over playing like we usually do around the box

Chief said:
Pretty poor performance and I dount very much whether we'd have won against 11 men. Difficult watch.

But if we do somehow win Tuesday, we really need to resist the urge to give the job full time to Sheehan. No matter how harsh that may seem.

Agree on Sheehan.

But never underestimate how populist our owners are. They stick their finger in the air and check which way the wind is blowing before doing anything. Don't forget, they only appointed Duff because they read a few things on social media and mistakenly thought it would make the fanbase happy by making a complete U-turn stylistically.

Another win at Stoke in midweek and another little fist pump video from Sheehan on the socials, and they might just conclude it's less hassle than trying to prise Davies out of Spurs. It wouldn't shock me, put it that way.

Chief said:

Last comments bang on. Go for the throat on Tuesday, say thanks to Sheehan and off you pop.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Agree on Sheehan.

But never underestimate how populist our owners are. They stick their finger in the air and check which way the wind is blowing before doing anything. Don't forget, they only appointed Duff because they read a few things on social media and mistakenly thought it would make the fanbase happy by making a complete U-turn stylistically.

Another win at Stoke in midweek and another little fist pump video from Sheehan on the socials, and they might just conclude it's less hassle than trying to prise Davies out of Spurs. It wouldn't shock me, put it that way.

Yes that's what I'm worried about especially as there doesn't seem any imminent breakthrough with Davies et al

sainthelens said:
Last comments bang on. Go for the throat on Tuesday, say thanks to Sheehan and off you pop.

We need the points now, don't care how we get them Tuesday. The pretty on the eye performances can follow once we get a full time manager

How did Mr Bolasie do yesterday, I haven't seen anything of the game unfortunately?

"Unfortunately"? The best part of the game was the result.

Christ Glyn.

The highlights alone showed we were unlucky to not get three or four - some ridiculous saves from their keeper

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back