• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mason Greenwood released by Man U

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 2,815
Sorry Lisa..I've just heard the ominous audio online for the first time and it does indeed sound absolutely horrific..can understand why Utd got rid...and unless she had withdrawn her submission then I expect he should quite rightly have been convicted to do jail time....

BrynCartwright said:
Sorry Lisa..I've just heard the ominous audio online for the first time and it does indeed sound absolutely horrific..can understand why Utd got rid...and unless she had withdrawn her submission then I expect he should quite rightly have been convicted to do jail time....

I appreciate you taking the time to search that out and for having the strength of character to change your mind as a result and to say so. Genuinely. More of us (me included) should do that more often.

The issue with her withdrawing of course was that she had a baby in early July (with him), and by my reckoning that means that she was pregnant around early October so the charges were dropped when she was a few months pregnant.

I really hope it’s something that never happens again with them and that’s the last we ever hear of him.

Londonlisa2001 said:
We weren’t talking in general though, we were talking about this particular case.

This case is a very high profile example of that absolute shitshow that is our legal system in relation to (in the vast majority of cases but not absolutely exclusively) violence against women.

The only possible civilised reaction to Mason Greenwood is to believe that he should never play again in a civilised country and to hope against hope that he doesn’t cause her or any other woman even more severe harm in the future.

I’ve not followed this case and I’ve only seen the transcript posted by Darren which is shocking, but you’re right with your comments about prosecuting DV and rape cases - it is very difficult. In many cases it’s 1 word against the other and in the absence of corroboration there’s very little chance of a case passing the evidential test. Once a witness withdraws their complaint it’s almost impossible to prove a case for the reasons you’ve outlined.

The worst thing is United had completed one statement that planned to keep him and reintegrate him into the squad until they were told that it would be the biggest shitstorm in the clubs history

Oh and throughout all this he's still being paid 75k a week.

In the words of some chap whose name escapes me

'F**k him'

There seem to be a lot of people confusing "found not guilty" with "charges dropped as the key witness refused to testify".

Greenwood's own statement said he was "cleared of all charges", I'm surprised his team put that line in as it is factually incorrect.

I'm glad United have come to the right decision but disappointed they only seem to have made it after seeing the reaction to the leaked news last week that he could potentially be brought back into the squad.

JustJack said:
Oh and throughout all this he's still being paid 75k a week.

In the words of some chap whose name escapes me

'F**k him'

Couldn't agree more. Another example of "too much too young". No good Man U bleating on about their duty of care to him, their only interest was that he could kick a football about a bit.

I hope this serves as a lesson to youngsters in future.

legoman said:
I hope this serves as a lesson to youngsters in future.

It would have been nice if the Ched Evans case had served as lesson but it seems not.

T8AD365 said:
There seem to be a lot of people confusing "found not guilty" with "charges dropped as the key witness refused to testify".

Greenwood's own statement said he was "cleared of all charges", I'm surprised his team put that line in as it is factually incorrect.

I'm glad United have come to the right
decision but disappointed they only seem to have made it after seeing the reaction to the leaked news last week that he could potentially be brought back into the squad.

Well said. He deserved to be in a cell. Gotta protect the girlies

Janet xoxo

Andrew - North Hill said:
If you think I'm going to go down that rabbit hole with you - someone who clearly doesn't comprehend the nuances in my football-related posts half of the time - then I'm going to have to disappoint you on that one I'm afraid.

All the best, enjoy the rest of your night.

Yeah you've not covered yourself in glory on this thread at all, your non answer says all we need to know. You are definitely a wrongun chum. By the way fuck off with your gas lighting it doesn't wash with me.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back