• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mason Greenwood released by Man U

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 2,816

K23

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I can see Greenwood ending up in the Saudi Pro League, misogyny and poor treatment of women is almost compulsory out there.

Took Utd way too long to come to the only obvious conclusion.
As the women supporters group said it was the right decision for all the wrong reasons.

I'm conflicted about this. He's been with them since he was a kid, he's still a kid, and they still have a duty of care to look after him. I'm not defending him for what he's supposed to have done but this feels wrong to me. I could be wrong.

It's interesting how it's become perfectly normalised in recent years for rumour and hearsay to stall careers, like a certain former #10 of ours who was in a very similar situation to Greenwood's e.g. no charges were pressed in the end. Oh, and same can be said for a certain former Wales manager as well. There's something about this culture that leaves me feeling really uncomfortable.

In the old days, before trial by social media seemingly became a replacement for the Crown Court, you either went to court and got found guilty, or you were free to get on with your life. No longer, it seems.

Weird old world.

(Before the inevitable flood of replies telling me that some of the above are not very nice people, I realise this. But there are a lot of other very unpleasant people out there too. It still doesn't make them criminals).

I've seen the images on line that show bruises and bleeding, and but at the end if the day, all charges have been dropped...he is technically an innocent individual, and just find Utd's decision pathetic. If the evidence was irrefutable then lock up him up, but he is a free man...some team will be getting a bargain....would be more than happy for him to play for us...

Glyn1 said:
I'm conflicted about this. He's been with them since he was a kid, he's still a kid, and they still have a duty of care to look after him. I'm not defending him for what he's supposed to have done but this feels wrong to me. I could be wrong.

The problem from Utd's perspective is that their reputation is on the line if they seem like they are endorsing alleged rape and/or domestic abuse.
To the point where they even asked their women's team for their viewpoints shows how big the fallout could have been.
Add to that the almost certain boom in popularity coming to the women's game in the near future after the world cup and there was just too much for them to lose to keep him on.

Andrew - North Hill said:
It's interesting how it's become perfectly normalised in recent years for rumour and hearsay to stall careers, like a certain former #10 of ours who was in a very similar situation to Greenwood's e.g. no charges were pressed in the end. Oh, and same can be said for a certain former Wales manager as well. There's something about this culture that leaves me feeling really uncomfortable.

In the old days, before trial by social media seemingly became a replacement for the Crown Court, you either went to court and got found guilty, or you were free to get on with your life. No longer, it seems.

Weird old world.

(Before the inevitable flood of replies telling me that some of the above are not very nice people, I realise this. But there are a lot of other very unpleasant people out there too. It still doesn't make them criminals).

Well he’s obviously legally innocent but the tape isn’t very nice listening and he’s clearly not denying it’s him.

Trundle's situation was completely different. It was a malicious accusation that was admitted and subsequently withdrawn.

Some weird takes in this here thread.

Anyone who listened to the video would think differently, especially if one of their female relatives were involved.

J_B said:
Trundle's situation was completely different. It was a malicious accusation that was admitted and subsequently withdrawn.

Sorry - can see now my original message wasn't clear enough.

I was talking about a certain #10 who joined Everton and whose career is now down the swannee after the CPS played silly buggers with him for about 2 years before deciding there was nothing in it.

BrynCartwright said:
I've seen the images on line that show bruises and bleeding, and but at the end if the day, all charges have been dropped...he is technically an innocent individual, and just find Utd's decision pathetic. If the evidence was irrefutable then lock up him up, but he is a free man...some team will be getting a bargain....would be more than happy for him to play for us...

The evidence is irrefutable. As you’ve said, you’ve seen it yourself.

But still, he can play footie so who cares if he whacks women around innit?

Only women aren’t they. Can’t blame a bloke for giving them the odd belt if he can’t get what he wants.

Do some research into domestic violence and the problems of prosecution. Now you’ve a but more time on your hands because you don’t need to spend time every day not giving two shits about the women’s football.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back