• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mason Greenwood released by Man U

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 2,813
Andrew - North Hill said:
Sorry - can see now my original message wasn't clear enough.

I was talking about a certain #10 who joined Everton and whose career is now down the swannee after the CPS played silly buggers with him for about 2 years before deciding there was nothing in it.

They didn’t ‘decide there was nothing in it’.

They decided not to prosecute.

Glyn1 said:
I'm conflicted about this. He's been with them since he was a kid, he's still a kid, and they still have a duty of care to look after him. I'm not defending him for what he's supposed to have done but this feels wrong to me. I could be wrong.

You are.

Neath_Jack said:
Some weird takes in this here thread.

Anyone who listened to the video would think differently, especially if one of their female relatives were involved.

There's nothing weird about this:

After the charges were dropped in February 2023, the Crown Prosecution Service said key witnesses had withdrawn and new material had come to light, meaning there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".

All we have as members of the public is a slightly blurry video leaked on social media. We ain't seen that new material. We haven't been told why those witnesses withdrew.

The CPS would have had full access to the entire casefile - videos, witness statements, photographs, telephone records, you name it. They had it all in front of them and after careful consideration concluded it did not meet the threshold for a likely conviction.

It doesn't matter a jot what anyone on here thinks, those are the facts.

We're in a very sorry state in this country that lives and careers can be ruined, just because (amongst others) some Countdown presenter says on Twitter she'll choose not to follow a certain football club anymore if they make a certain decision she wouldn't happen to agree with. Kangaroo "court". The world has gone absolutely fricking insane.

I repeat - he may not seem like a very nice person, but that is irrelevant. He is not a criminal, CPS have done their job, and that's all anyone should care about really. Especially those not in full possession of all the facts.

After the charges were dropped in February 2023, the Crown Prosecution Service said key witnesses had withdrawn and new material had come to light, meaning there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction".

All we have as members of the public is a slightly blurry video leaked on social media. We ain't seen that new material. We haven't been told why those witnesses withdrew.

The CPS would have had full access to the entire casefile - videos, witness statements, photographs, telephone records, you name it. They had it all in front of them and after careful consideration concluded it did not meet the threshold for a likely conviction.

We're in a very sorry state in this country that lives and careers can be ruined, just because (amongst others) some Countdown presenter says on Twitter she'll choose not to follow a certain football club anymore if they make a certain decision she wouldn't happen to agree with. Kangaroo "court". The world has gone absolutely fricking insane.

I repeat - he may not seem like a very nice person, but that is irrelevant. He is not a criminal, CPS have done their job, and that's all anyone should care about really. Especially those not in full possession of all the facts.

Hideous, absolutely fucking hideous.

You realise that the ‘key witnesses’ were his girlfriend I assume?

It’s pretty much impossible to prosecute domestic violence without the evidence from the woman (or man) being abused as she could just say they were playing a consensual game.

It’s not a blurry video, there were several pictures, audio and a transcript and at no point has he ever claimed it wasn’t him.

I quite genuinely find it sickening that anyone on here, it’s only a minority thankfully, could express this sort of stuff. If people are prepared to support him in a public forum I dread to think what’s being said in private. The only insanity is that in 2023 anyone could think it’s fine for a bloke to knock women about.

As an aside, his statement and that of the Man Utd exec is factually incorrect. He was not ‘cleared’. Charges were dropped. It’s very different.

Oh, and if you think he’s being let go because of a Countdown presenter you’re an idiot.

So "some Countdown presenter" (Rachel Riley) isn't entitled to an opinion but you are. Are you being serious? Manchester United is a billion pound organisation and she's a daytime TV person who you've probably never watched. Let's all agree that the reason that the club's owners have made this decision is purely monetary. Morality has got nothing to do with it.

Glyn1 said:
So "some Countdown presenter" (Rachel Riley) isn't entitled to an opinion but you are. Are you being serious?

I shouldn't have to explain this, but I was using her as just one example of many rent-a-gobs online/social media - and clearly there are a few on here as well - who appear to have now replaced the CPS and Crown Court as the ultimate arbiters of justice in this country.

Look at the Huw Edwards debacle. Absolutely appallingly handled. Social media was a cesspit of misinformation and innuendo, the police were a joke, the BBC were a joke. No one came out of that well.

It's happening more and more these days, and if you believe in the rule of law and the very fabric of our legal system, then these are very worrying times indeed.

As I said before, it's absolutely insane. The country has lost its collective mind.

Londonlisa2001 said:
The evidence is irrefutable. As you’ve said, you’ve seen it yourself.

But still, he can play footie so who cares if he whacks women around innit?

Only women aren’t they. Can’t blame a bloke for giving them the odd belt if he can’t get what he wants.

Do some research into domestic violence and the problems of prosecution. Now you’ve a but more time on your hands because you don’t need to spend time every day not giving two shits about the women’s football.

As I wrote earlier, if the evidence is complete clear, undeniable and irrefutable as you obviously think it is, then then Mason should be in prison after he has testified guilty, or has been proven guilty by a jury in a court trial. In no way do I condone violence against anybody, including females..

You are as ignorant as the rest of us in the minutiae of this case..unless you enjoy the concept of condemning individuals to lengthy prison sentences on contrived or untrue evidence, as exhibited recently by the recent exoneration of Andrew Malkinson.

Mason Greenwood is a scumbag. He is an absolute bastard. He managed to get his partner to withdraw the allegations leading to the case being dropped. He is an absolute c*nt! Her family are a bunch of scum too. This is prime example of Coercive behaviour.

And don’t get me started on the Man U minions on social media who think what he has done is not an issue. Low life imbecilic morons who think he walks on water.

BrynCartwright said:
As I wrote earlier, if the evidence is complete clear, undeniable and irrefutable as you obviously think it is, then then Mason should be in prison after he has testified guilty, or has been proven guilty by a jury in a court trial. In no way do I condone violence against anybody, including females..

You are as ignorant as the rest of us in the minutiae of this case..unless you enjoy the concept of condemning individuals to lengthy prison sentences on contrived or untrue evidence, as exhibited recently by the recent exoneration of Andrew Malkinson.

I have explained why you cannot prosecute if the abused will not testify.
It’s repeated time and time again in domestic violence cases.

And you are absolutely condoning violence against women. At least in this case. As you’ve seen the evidence (some of the bruising is older on the pics btw so it’s not a one off) and still would be happy for him to play football for the Swans.

It’s absolutely disgusting.

Bryn Cartwright. What you say is completely correct and completely irrelevant. We're not talking about whether he is guilty in a court of law because that has been decided. We're asking whether the Man Utd management was right to fire him.

Your thoughts?

Londonlisa2001 said:
You realise that the ‘key witnesses’ were his girlfriend I assume?

It’s pretty much impossible to prosecute domestic violence without the evidence from the woman (or man) being abused as she could just say they were playing a consensual game.

It’s not a blurry video, there were several pictures, audio and a transcript and at no point has he ever claimed it wasn’t him.

I quite genuinely find it sickening that anyone on here, it’s only a minority thankfully, could express this sort of stuff. If people are prepared to support him in a public forum I dread to think what’s being said in private. The only insanity is that in 2023 anyone could think it’s fine for a bloke to knock women about.

As an aside, his statement and that of the Man Utd exec is factually incorrect. He was not ‘cleared’. Charges were dropped. It’s very different.

Oh, and if you think he’s being let go because of a Countdown presenter you’re an idiot.

Lisa, you've replied to a couple of my posts now. I can see you clearly feel very strongly about this subject, and understandably so. I don't disagree with you on much of what you are saying. In the midst of it all, I fear you have completely missed my main point which is less about this particular case, and more about how as a society we have (in my view) lost our collective minds when we start to value what we see on social media ahead of the opinion of highly trained professionals and professional bodies in the legal profession.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with your assertion that what I said can be conflated with thinking "it’s fine for a bloke to knock women about", but I'm prepared to let that go on account of emotions running high at that particular moment. I'm sure you didn't mean that, so from my point of view, no offence taken.

All the best.

Glyn1 said:
Bryn Cartwright. What you say is completely correct and completely irrelevant. We're not talking about whether he is guilty in a court of law because that has been decided. We're asking whether the Man Utd management was right to fire him.

Your thoughts?

“ whether he is guilty in a court of law because that has been decided”

No it hasn’t.

Darran said:
Well he’s obviously legally innocent but the tape isn’t very nice listening and he’s clearly not denying it’s him.

I can’t see how anyone can hear that audio and/or read the transcript and still argue the point. It’s chilling.

Glyn1 said:

Your thoughts?

He didn't get a not guilty, why are people finding that so hard to understand. There is a massive fucking difference.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back