• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Mason Greenwood released by Man U

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 56
  • Views: Views 2,812
exiledclaseboy said:
I can’t see how anyone can hear that audio and/or read the transcript and still argue the point. It’s chilling.

Incredible isn't it.

Neath_Jack said:
Incredible isn't it.

And many will be fathers of daughters, brothers of sisters, uncles of nieces. Yet such an incredibly blasé attitude to this kind of abuse. And that abuse doesn’t need to be proved in a court of law, Darran’s posted it in this very thread. No one denies it. Lisa’s outlined very nicely why the charges didn’t proceed and why charges don’t proceed in a lot of similar cases.

exiledclaseboy said:
And many will be fathers of daughters, brothers of sisters, uncles of nieces. Yet such an incredibly blasé attitude to this kind of abuse. And that abuse doesn’t need to be proved in a court of law, Darran’s posted it in this very thread. No one denies it. Lisa’s outlined very nicely why the charges didn’t proceed and why charges don’t proceed in a lot of similar cases.

And what could have happened if that tape had not been made public?

Andrew - North Hill said:
Lisa, you've replied to a couple of my posts now. I can see you clearly feel very strongly about this subject, and understandably so. I don't disagree with you on much of what you are saying. In the midst of it all, I fear you have completely missed my main point which is less about this particular case, and more about how as a society we have (in my view) lost our collective minds when we start to value what we see on social media ahead of the opinion of highly trained professionals and professional bodies in the legal profession.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with your assertion that what I said can be conflated with thinking "it’s fine for a bloke to knock women about", but I'm prepared to let that go on account of emotions running high at that particular moment. I'm sure you didn't mean that, so from my point of view, no offence taken.

All the best.

We weren’t talking in general though, we were talking about this particular case.

This case is a very high profile example of that absolute shitshow that is our legal system in relation to (in the vast majority of cases but not absolutely exclusively) violence against women.

The only possible civilised reaction to Mason Greenwood is to believe that he should never play again in a civilised country and to hope against hope that he doesn’t cause her or any other woman even more severe harm in the future.

Hasn't been prosecution because he basically nobbled the witness, fair play there's some fucking beauts on this thread, I wouldn't have the cûnt within a million miles of this family club. What the fuck ever happened to moral decency with some of you.

exiledclaseboy said:
that abuse doesn’t need to be proved in a court of law, Darran’s posted it in this very thread.

Absolutely priceless.

Tell you what, give Alex Chalk a bell, tell him we don't need the MoJ anymore, he can save himself a few quid, The Court Of Planet Swans can do it all for free. The Tories usually love making cuts to public services, I reckon we're onto a winner.

Absolutely priceless.

Tell you what, give Alex Chalk a bell, tell him we don't need the MoJ anymore, he can save himself a few quid, The Court Of Planet Swans can do it all for free. The Tories usually love making cuts to public services, I reckon we're onto a winner.

You got any daughters?

Absolutely priceless.

Selective quoting is a cheap and nasty way of dealing with things.

exiledclaseboy said:
Selective quoting is a cheap and nasty way of dealing with things.

Perhaps you're right, and perhaps I was being a bit facetious, I'll admit. My sense of humour sometimes doesn't travel so well in print.

I just find it faintly ridiculous that Darran (nothing personal against him by the way, you could have picked any username on here, me included) could be held up or indeed hold themselves up as being in possession of the full suite of facts in this particular matter.

Interesting debate though, as ever. I think most people here agree that VAWG is unacceptable in 2023, and surely that's the most important thing here.

Glyn1 said:
Bryn Cartwright. What you say is completely correct and completely irrelevant. We're not talking about whether he is guilty in a court of law because that has been decided. We're asking whether the Man Utd management was right to fire him.

Your thoughts?

United said in a statement: "All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.

"It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

The best part of all this is that Utd are not firing him, they have agreed that it is best that he leave the club and they will do all possible to accommodate this. I read that as "we are not keeping him and will sell him at the first opportunity"

Perhaps you're right, and perhaps I was being a bit facetious, I'll admit. My sense of humour sometimes doesn't travel so well in print.

I just find it faintly ridiculous that Darran (nothing personal against him by the way, you could have picked any username on here, me included) could be held up or indeed hold themselves up as being in possession of the full suite of facts in this particular matter.

Interesting debate though, as ever. I think most people here agree that VAWG is unacceptable in 2023, and surely that's the most important thing here.

Most of us do, yes.

I think Manchester United, a team I really don’t like, but that’s an irrelevance, have acted accordingly imo, I don’t like that people are saying they didn’t act quickly enough, there’s a load of protocol I’d imagine in overseeing all facets of the case, the transcript is damming, and it sends a message to other young men, or to lesser extent some women, that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable, the court side of it plays a part, however, it doesn’t really matter as opposed to the transcript, Greenwood is clearly a fractious character, and basically made his position untenable, and a high profile career is now down the drain I’d have thought, I can’t see him professionally kicking a ball again, exonerated or not, I do however hope he gets help to try and make his future better in many ways, as I hope in time the woman can try and piece it together too, a massive lesson of respect is learned here either way, for him on a personal note it was unfortunate to have been recorded, for her, it was the opposite, as she was being controlled, and thankfully for both parties, it came to light before it may have gone way too far.

Absolutely priceless.

Mason Greenwood is now free to talk about the incident in public as he's not being prosecuted for it. Yet even in his statement today, he's said he needs to improve his behaviour but isn't guilty of what he was accused of. If it was not him in the audio, or there was an alternative explanation to what happened, don't you think he would have put it forward by now?

It doesn't take a genius to work out he's almost certainly guilty, but CPS realised they had no chance of a conviction with the victim having withdrawn her statement/accusation.

Anyone in a 'normal' job who was in the same position and had their employer named in the press would be sacked without a shadow of a doubt.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
You got any daughters?

If you think I'm going to go down that rabbit hole with you - someone who clearly doesn't comprehend the nuances in my football-related posts half of the time - then I'm going to have to disappoint you on that one I'm afraid.

All the best, enjoy the rest of your night.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back