• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | The Swans v The Canaries | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Norwich?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Norwich win

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started well, ended well. The bit in the middle, not so much.

Great to get the three points but we were a bit fortunate to do so. For some reason our tempo dropped and we stopped pressing as well as we had done for the first 20 minutes. Then towards the end it came back a bit. Maybe a result of all the fitness work.

We're still a work in progress and the loss of Ginelly is hurting us a bit. Him and Lowe either side of Yates would be a lot more dangerous.

Dr. Winston said:
Started well, ended well. The bit in the middle, not so much.

Great to get the three points but we were a bit fortunate to do so. For some reason our tempo dropped and we stopped pressing as well as we had done for the first 20 minutes. Then towards the end it came back a bit. Maybe a result of all the fitness work.

We're still a work in progress and the loss of Ginelly is hurting us a bit. Him and Lowe either side of Yates would be a lot more dangerous.

The bit in the middle was hardly bad though, an even game between two well matched teams. A nice game to watch as it ebbed and flowed.

Great win and performance, the defending and digging in is reminding me of Cooperball.

Do we look better without Wood?

karnataka said:
Last season, Cullen was picking up 5 yard tap ins and following up for knock ins after saves, he won't do that this season where he's being played and there's not enough to his all round game to warrant his inclusion if he's not being played where he's effective.

I'd like to see Kukharevych given a start out wide, better target for the long diags.

Swansea93 said:
Great win and performance, the defending and digging in is reminding me of Cooperball.

Hard to argue one over another IMO. We’ve got three defenders of the same level; not so accomplished when they all play, but better when it’s two from three.

They looked far more dangerous after the break and it seemed like the inevitable would happen.

I can't remember the last time we wrestled back the initiative like we did tonight. All subs were positive and at no point did we look to shut up shop.

Great win.

Cooperman said:
The bit in the middle was hardly bad though, an even game between two well matched teams. A nice game to watch as it ebbed and flowed.

I thought we were easily second best for great big swathes of the second half. Glad to get the win, but I wouldn't expect Duff to be all that happy with the overall performance.

Cooperman said:
Hard to argue one over another IMO. We’ve got three defenders of the same level; not so accomplished when they all play, but better when it’s two from three.

I think we've got some more than decent defenders, all of whom look better in a four. Darling has come back into the team and thrived.

Quite a big win against a very much improved Norwich side. They have some very good players. We were a couple of deft touches away from a few more goals and clear penalty not given as well as Yates marginal offside. Very Welcome three points.
What annoyed me was the ref yellow carding a lot of innocuous stuff from the Swans yet ignoring some of the bully and reckless challenges on our players. There was one (I think on Paterson?) where the Narch player went through him out of control. Another penalty and another sending off on a different day. Thankfully not an issue

Dr. Winston said:
I think we've got some more than decent defenders, all of whom look better in a four. Darling has come back into the team and thrived.

Yes, agree with that. Is as plain to see this season as it was last.

jasper_T said:
Patino looks as slow as Fulton, with less bite when he does get there. Game passed him by first half.

Tymon useful going forward but defensively we had a lot of problems after he came on. We were told when he signed that he's a wing back not a full back. One great recovery block but we were lucky they didn't score after the reshuffle. Can see why Duff wants Humphreys out there when we have Key of a similar mould on the other side.

Cabango was very good. Cullen's worst game of the season. Been shoved out on the wing since he was 16 and it's never worked, not his game.

Patino was poor tonight. His mistake led to their goal. A crazy decision to step up for a ball that wasn’t there to be won when Key had bombed on. It gave Norwich a free overlap. He had one of our best chances too, but half pulled out of it. Looked like he was waiting for a whistle maybe. So not his best game on the ball or defensively. He’ll learn.

We’re starting to see signs of what we were promised at last, with the high press. Worked well at the start, but we haven’t got the fitness to keep it up and we’re still too scrappy on the ball. There’s playing the ball forward quickly or hoofing it. We’re doing too much of the latter for my liking. Getting better though, thank god!

Dr. Winston said:
I thought we were easily second best for great big swathes of the second half. Glad to get the win, but I wouldn't expect Duff to be all that happy with the overall performance.

Agreed. Took us 20 mins to get out of our half. It was scrappy, but we showed great spirit to come back. Very much work in progress, but I can see where he wants to go now. So a big improvement. And at the end of the day, 3 points against a side with some quality players is great, however we played.

Swansea93 said:

Yes I think so. Both Cabango were less ponderous and more positive on the ball. Darling knocking long diagonals and some towering headers. Hoping Ben is OK.

Bit by bit we getting our team back. Mad but was really nervous last 20 mins, was desperate for us to win . So chuft for the fans/players we finally got something to work on.
Wotever Duff is up to, fingers crossed its beginning to click. Honestly thought tonight was acid test, we've come through it, now a positive result on Saturday....a well earned rest to get all fit....then its Leicester on what'll be a humdinger of an afternoon.
Smiling at last !!

Great win, proper game of football, Norwich set themselves up to counter attack, we ripped a new hole in their arses in the final quarter. Well done to Duff and the players. I have lost my voice which is a good sign. And, by the way, we are much better without Wood who thinks he’s Chiellini.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back