• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Preston North End | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jamie Paterson take a bow son. Stepped up like a man.

Showing his abilities after Russ binned him for so called mental health issues and Duff patronisingly inferred he has always been too slow.

Convenient that Pato is starting to get into gear 😏
But if it means it benefits us then crack on Pato.

Pentyrchjack said:
Jamie Paterson take a bow son. Stepped up like a man.

Showing his abilities after Russ binned him for so called mental health issues and Duff patronisingly inferred he has always been too slow.

Sorry, but that's not correct.

Paterson made himself unavailable because our esteemed owners were fucking him about by reneging on a pre agreed contract improvement.

It was nothing to do with "Martin binning him because of mental health issues".

The crowd were screaming for us to get the ball forward for most of the game.
The players seemed like robots, stuck on some sort of loop.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Sorry, but that's not correct.

Paterson made himself unavailable because our esteemed owners were f*****g him about by reneging on a pre agreed contract improvement.

It was nothing to do with "Martin binning him because of mental health issues".

Thanks Jake

Sheehans here to stay. He wants the job and has taken 8 fro12. I don't see any manager movement, so we have to get him more inventive advisers. Trunds and Leon will give him more confidence and ideas. We're in a desperate situation and shouldn't waste decades of knowledge.
Unless we can get Laudrup back

He's been lucky to catch a run of games against teams in even worse moments than ours. 4 points against teams without managers, including a very early red card. Preston and Huddersfield both have just 2 wins in their last 16 matches, sustained rotten form even if Preston started unbelievably well (bit like Steve Cooper did his first season with us, the table papered over the dreadful form for months). Poor games to watch. Hoping that some fan favourite ex-players with no coaching credentials can add the necessary "confidence and ideas" is asking for trouble.

Wouldn't be the first team to give the caretaker the full time gig for doing the minimum in fortunate circumstances. Rob Page comes to mind. He wanted the job and the lads liked him, must have been a real success story since.

Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve done it either!

Massive relief to get over the line, about time it was us scoring at the death. But as a spectacle that was dire. Fulton is now literally looking like a parks player. Without Pato right now....God only knows!
Enjoy your festivities everyone, cos boxing day will be a fckn horror show.

Not a great performance against a poor team (besides Miller, although we gave him the freedom of SA1). Without two individual pieces of skill from Paterson we don't get those points.

However, currently I don't care how the points come until we are fully out of the relegation scrap.

But the owners have to hold their nerve and not appoint Sheehan permanently.

Swanabout said:
Sheehans here to stay. He wants the job and has taken 8 fro12. I don't see any manager movement, so we have to get him more inventive advisers. Trunds and Leon will give him more confidence and ideas. We're in a desperate situation and shouldn't waste decades of knowledge.
Unless we can get Laudrup back

Remember i suggested this a few games back and i got laughed at on here.
Yes, people could not believe it.
What i do believe though is we cannot get a decent manager, we have no identity, we have no personality, we got no style. We are owned by weirdos who do not have a clue.
We just need to survive this season.
Sheehan will keep us up.

nuff said

Having watched the highlights this morning, I'd like to offer praise for the two goal assists from Grimesy and Cullen respectively. In both cases, the players concerned showed quick thinking and excellent passing to set up Pato.
It's going to be a close thing this season, but I'm hoping that little bit of extra class will count.

It's going to be Sheehan till end of season, and we are going to be relegated, because he is nearly as bad as Duff was.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back