• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Preston North End | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SgorioFruit said:
Remember i suggested this a few games back and i got laughed at on here.
Yes, people could not believe it.
What i do believe though is we cannot get a decent manager, we have no identity, we have no personality, we got no style. We are owned by weirdos who do not have a clue.
We just need to survive this season.
Sheehan will keep us up.

nuff said

Can I ask why you have so much faith in Sheehan?

SgorioFruit said:
Remember i suggested this a few games back and i got laughed at on here.
Yes, people could not believe it.
What i do believe though is we cannot get a decent manager, we have no identity, we have no personality, we got no style. We are owned by weirdos who do not have a clue.
We just need to survive this season.
Sheehan will keep us up.

nuff said
In Fairness to Sheehan. He's been given caretaker. I wouldn't have thought his remit was Lets get these boys entertaining the crowd. It would surely be get us some points. He's done that. The style he's inherited is not his fault.
I doubt long term he's the answer.

Mork said:
The crowd were screaming for us to get the ball forward for most of the game.
The players seemed like robots, stuck on some sort of loop.

Decent analyst that.

Can anyone remember how many points we had after 23 games this time last year, I seem to to recall that it was around 28pts as we have now?

Andrew - North Hill said:
Sorry, but that's not correct.

Paterson made himself unavailable because our esteemed owners were f*****g him about by reneging on a pre agreed contract improvement.

It was nothing to do with "Martin binning him because of mental health issues".

Martin certainly supported Paterson publicly throughout. I thought there was no pre agreed arrangement though, and Paterson just thought he deserved more, or a move, whereas the contract he voluntarily signed to join specified neither. American’s are always going to want to look tough and enforce that as a first move and so would I to be fair. He’d been decent for a few games near the transfer window and sure enough was pure shite when he got his new contract and decided to play again. I expect similar this time. But who knows what the truth was. Only those involved.

Niigata Jack said:
Can anyone remember how many points we had after 23 games this time last year, I seem to to recall that it was around 28pts as we have now?

We were 11th with 32 points, just after that 3-3 at Coventry where we had been 3-0 down.

Yes, Paterson scored the 2 goals but overall, I thought his contribution was no better than everyone else's. His flick to nobody and dummy allowing nobody to run onto the ball in the first half as well as being caught in possession far too many times were significant contributions to our inability to dominate despite having the lion's share of the possession. Yes, he rescued us when our goalscorers never looked like doing so but we can't rely on that every game. I thought Bolasie was dreadful when he came on and looked like he'd never seen a football before, however, he did provide a physical presence which caused their defenders to panic a few times one of which led to the winning goal but this sort of thing shouldn't gloss over the fact that we were pretty awful.

CurtessECarr said:
In Fairness to Sheehan. He's been given caretaker. I wouldn't have thought his remit was Lets get these boys entertaining the crowd. It would surely be get us some points. He's done that. The style he's inherited is not his fault.
I doubt long term he's the answer.

The problem is that his coaching style will be that of the managers he has worked under - Nathan Jones or Michael Duff! Not a great choice if you ask me. And I don't want some Nathan Jones wannabe trying to fluff a possession style that he says he loves but in all honesty will have no idea how to implement. He's blagged his way to where he is, let's not let him blag his way to the job full time. Please.

karnataka said:
Yes, Paterson scored the 2 goals but overall, I thought his contribution was no better than everyone else's. His flick to nobody and dummy allowing nobody to run onto the ball in the first half as well as being caught in possession far too many times were significant contributions to our inability to dominate despite having the lion's share of the possession. Yes, he rescued us when our goalscorers never looked like doing so but we can't rely on that every game. I thought Bolasie was dreadful when he came on and looked like he'd never seen a football before, however, he did provide a physical presence which caused their defenders to panic a few times one of which led to the winning goal but this sort of thing shouldn't gloss over the fact that we were pretty awful.

Agree with your assessment of Pato and Bolasie. I do see a big change in our overall team play though. It's easy to see that were now trying to get the ball down and play up the pitch. But as Sheehan said, it breaks down too easily. That's party because we're making the wrong decision (Pato's flicks and dummy) and also partly due to too many poor players now. Until we get it right it leaves us looking toothless and slow. It'll take time for them to learn the patterns, triggers, etc., and fix Duff's mess. He destroyed everything that was good about us and, together with the clowns in the background, bought really poor players (Key aside).

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Agree with your assessment of Pato and Bolasie. I do see a big change in our overall team play though. It's easy to see that were now trying to get the ball down and play up the pitch. But as Sheehan said, it breaks down too easily. That's party because we're making the wrong decision (Pato's flicks and dummy) and also partly due to too many poor players now. Until we get it right it leaves us looking toothless and slow. It'll take time for them to learn the patterns, triggers, etc., and fix Duff's mess. He destroyed everything that was good about us and, together with the clowns in the background, bought really poor players (Key aside).

A lot of it is because the players are just playing off the cuff based off Martin ball and aren't trying to bum it long. A big reason it keeps breaking down is because we end up with Grimes and Fulton in the back line so end up with 5 or 6 players just passing the ball in front of their entire team. That's great for keeping possession and moving their team about but then when we do break through and find a pass to an advanced player there's only 2 or 3 players up the pitch where we played the ball with no one actually in midfield able to push up to support the play.

Its the worst bits of Martin's style with bits of Duff and now Sheehan and his Luton style trying to come into it, with players from here there and everywhere that don't complement each other.

Its turning into a Frankenstein of a football team, and we will do well not to get absolutely embarrassed come boxing day.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back