• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Middlesbrough FC | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Middlesbrough?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Middlesbrough win

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever poor sod gets this gig, it's pointless blaming any managers. The errors we saw today was all down to the players. We desperately need leaders on the pitch and a statement signing or three. Can't see it though. Whatever player funds we had will be used to pay off Duff

Skippyjack said:
He just doesn't see the pictures well enough, he's fit, technically ok.. but he needs players to make certain runs that'll improve his game, if we do start with Bolasie and Lowe, we've got the potential to make these runs correctly.. then Grimes head might switch on and actually thread these balls more often, anyone can do the easy 5 yard pass, and he does it too much, he needs to drive with the ball more, instead of getting rid whilst on the ball, stop, pick your head up more, midfield is the area where there's more space

Agree. Needs to be much more movement off the ball.

NWJack said:
Whatever poor sod gets this gig, it's pointless blaming any managers. The errors we saw today was all down to the players. We desperately need leaders on the pitch and a statement signing or three. Can't see it though. Whatever player funds we had will be used to pay off Duff

Beg to disagree. Manager today was awful. Subbed far too late to change the game.

I am sick to fckn death of brain farts in defence. Never mind aaww didn't we play well, fck off, no leaders in this side. Boro had literally had nothing to offer, and we lost. Happening way too often to be bad luck. Clean sweep of management and few players needed...or they can shove their 400 plus bucks up their arse next year.

sainthelens said:
I am sick to fckn death of brain farts in defence. Never mind aaww didn't we play well, fck off, no leaders in this side. Boro had literally had nothing to offer, and we lost. Happening way too often to be bad luck. Clean sweep of management and few players needed...or they can shove their 400 plus bucks up their arse next year.

Yip 👍

Best we've played under Sheehan. Lowe dreadful again as a centre forward. Walsh and Paterson inventive but neither have more than an hour in their legs and their lack of pace compared to Boro was a bit sad to watch. Cabango's poor form continues.

Too many five minute footballers who've been coached to believe passing it backwards will eventually make it go forwards, but show in flashes that they can make stuff happen if they accept risk and responsibility. Tymon, Darling, Fulton play the game facing the wrong way and visibly panic when the backward pass isn't on. All three made things happen when they backed themselves.

sainthelens said:

You're correct, the higher up the food chain, they're ruthless, especially the top 6 elite.. if you're passing up chances in the division below.. you're not preparing yourself for that level up.. I admit the resources they have are the best.. but they are beatable, because all of us have seen it and breathed it for 7 years.. the majority know what's needed.. but our current players don't know what it takes.. we've got them in the shape of Joe Allen and Naughton.. we know it's a different sport up there.. but it's about a journey, a philosophy, a way of being, we need someone with inspiration, someone who's done this.. and if Chris Davies is that man, employ him sharpish

bakajack said:
Rather than two yards wide of the post and one yard away from the byline it was taken two yards inside of the corner of the six yard box.

Indirect free kicks in the 6yd area have to be taken on the line 6yds from the goals

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And people blame duff, what ever manager comes in is going to struggle with this bag of s**t squad.

I thought we were vastly improved today. It was the first time at home this season we had structure and a clear way of playing. Like it or not, our players are more suited to patient build up play. So I certainly blame Duff. Sheehan’s done more in 2 weeks to shape us than Duff did in nearly half a season.

But yes, we lack individual quality for sure. We did plenty today to get 3 points, but lack a cutting edge and keep making individual mistakes at the back.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
I thought we were vastly improved today. It was the first time at home this season we had structure and a clear way of playing. Like it or not, our players are more suited to patient build up play. So I certainly blame Duff. Sheehan’s done more in 2 weeks to shape us than Duff did in nearly half a season.

But yes, we lack individual quality for sure. We did plenty today to get 3 points, but lack a cutting edge and keep making individual mistakes at the back.

I only watched 20 minutes in the 2nd half, but we did look like the team who wanted to win it.. the mistakes can be ironed out with the basics, like don't pick up a back pass, don't put a teammate under pressure that gives them a break.. it happens, but every failure is a lesson and all that gubbins

Longlostjack said:
Beg to disagree. Manager today was awful. Subbed far too late to change the game.

The subs were too late, but he’s got us looking like a team. He deserves some credit for that imo. He can’t be blamed for Rushworth having a brain fart.

Linked to that 2nd goal, did anyone else see Timon having a go at Rushworth afterwards? Fk off is it? It’s not as if Tymon has done much this season. Fulton at least had a quick word with Rushworth to try and pick him up.

Skippyjack said:
I only watched 20 minutes in the 2nd half, but we did look like the team who wanted to win it.. the mistakes can be ironed out with the basics, like don't pick up a back pass, don't put a teammate under pressure that gives them a break.. it happens, but every failure is a lesson and all that gubbins

We had the best of it for the whole game and were positive. We looked worse if anything after the subs came on. We battled well in the middle and turned over possession a lot, moved the ball well and looked comfortable in possession. It was very easy to watch. Pretty toothless though. It’s that lack of creativity/goal threat combined with individual errors at the back. I don’t know how the new guy fixes that without 2 or 3 better players.

In any other game we would have put away at least one of the 3 excellent chances we created in the first half, when we started passing forward through the triangles around their players we looked a decent side and even Fulton and Grimes started doing it eventually. We are just lacking in the final 3rd at either end, I think there was far more on show from the team today than there has been all season.

Whether that is down to Sheehan or the players actually playing for the badge at last I don’t know.

We desperately need pace we look so short of pace when teams hit us on the transition. Not sure why Humphrey’s was subbed i thought Cabango should go if anyone should go from the back 3 (maybe managing the return from injury?)

LeonWasTheDog's said:
We had the best of it for the whole game and were positive. We looked worse if anything after the subs came on. We battled well in the middle and turned over possession a lot, moved the ball well and looked comfortable in possession. It was very easy to watch. Pretty toothless though. It’s that lack of creativity/goal threat combined with individual errors at the back. I don’t know how the new guy fixes that without 2 or 3 better players.

I'm not going to mention the players we need to get rid, but some change is needed, unless the players who are under scrutiny want to prove a point, I want to stay.. the ball is in their court

Again, too many of you saying yeah we played well. FFS this is a recurring fckn nitemare. Its happening all the time . I'd rather play crap ( like a boro) for few games and pick up wins, then we can fornicate over ourselves playing pretty.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back