• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Southampton v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Southampton?

• Southampton win

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Swans win

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
DanWelsh said:
I've just watched the goals, and that howler from the keeper is something else. This is the second game he's done something like this and shows the lack of confidence this team has in what they're supposed to be doing.

3 of the goals were from loosing possession, zero track back. 4 of them it felt like we just didn't bother defending once they were in our area. The keeper error the Saints player backheels it into the net.

I'd be embarrassed to be seen on a football pitch if I were some of them.

The slow motion replay showed a massive jump from the ball after it hit a divot which took it way over his swinging foot. Sometimes sh1t happens like that.

I didnt watch or listen yesterday. I had a sense of forboding. Watching the highlights it could have been very different.
I'm guessing people are a little peeved because its Martin but just cast your minds back to when Steve Cooper pantsed Martin twice. He had the answers to the test as did Martin yesterday against a pure rookie manager.
We have half a season to turn this around. Survival is all we need. On to the next game.

here's my list of the players yesterday who looked like they actually gave a toss about what was going down yesterday:

Joe Allen, for the short time he was on.

here endeth the list.

Malvernjack said:
here's my list of the players yesterday who looked like they actually gave a toss about what was going down yesterday:

here endeth the list.

What a breath of fresh air he was when he came on. Hunting players down and breaking up play

Malvernjack said:

here endeth the list.

Paterson, worked hard as well he's played very well recently, not for the full 90 perhaps, but he's done well.

I'm hoping they threw this one to concentrate on Coventry. Yeah I know, but we played our balls off v Leicester only not to turn up against Watford, who were there for the taking. Friday is huge now.

Malvernjack said:

here endeth the list.

First thing the new boss should do is strip Grimes of the armband and give to Joe.

Grimes isn't, never was and never will be captaincy material. My farts have more presence than him.

Andrew - North Hill said:
First thing the new boss should do is strip Grimes of the armband and give to Joe.

Grimes isn't, never was and never will be captaincy material. My farts have more presence than him.

So he can wear the arm band on the bench, how long before he's injured again?

At best he's Joe 60 now, no longer Joe 90.
It would make a bit of sense to make him captain if he was at least starting every game. Sadly that's not possible because he can't stay fit.

J_B said:
At best he's Joe 60 now, no longer Joe 90.
It would make a bit of sense to make him captain if he was at least starting every game. Sadly that's not possible because he can't stay fit.
Having a captain on the pitch for 60 minutes is a massive improvement though as we havent had one on the pitch for a couple of season

jack_lord said:
Having a captain on the pitch for 60 minutes is a massive improvement though as we havent had one on the pitch for a couple of season

It would but if we'd made him captain in the summer, how many games would he have given us an hour so far this season.

Nocountryforoldjack said:

I agree his fitness is a concern, but he should be club captain and should have the armband whenever fit to play. Especially in the dire straits we're in. We need someone with a bit of drive and a bit of passion and the ability to dish out a bollocking every once in a while. Grimes is too quiet, passive and docile to be a captain. Not what we need in a relegation scrap.

Nocountryforoldjack said:

I agree his fitness is a concern, but he should be club captain and should have the armband whenever fit to play. Especially in the dire straits we're in. We need someone with a bit of drive and a bit of passion and the ability to dish out a bollocking every once in a while. Grimes is too quiet, passive and docile to be a captain. Not what we need in a relegation scrap.

Grimes is a bitch not a captain

I couldn’t agree more. I’d give the captaincy to Darling - he’s the only real tough guy out there who could at least command some authority out on the pitch.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back