• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Southampton v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Southampton?

• Southampton win

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Swans win

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Jack2jack said:
To be fair Morcombe and Wise could beat us atm. FFS.

I did say could not definitely. Our 1st 11 will struggle to get past em...and we'll be picking our stiffs.

How does that rank among our worst results recently? We had a 5-0 defeats in the Prem but other than the Tottenham game under Brad Bobley that could easily have been 9-0 I’m struggling to remember anything worse than that.

It was awful, and recent games have been genuinely worrying. League One beckons if we are not careful.

That said, let's not rewrite history. RM was not the messiah, his style requires a much higher quality of player that he didn't have with us, but does now

FearOfAJackPlanet said:
Game went as expected really: We'd maybe have a couple of moments early before the game settled, then we'd just be ground down by a much better squad playing a much better version of the 'style' we currently play.

I note the players gave RM a love-letter by conceding a calamitous goal through a self-inflicted defensive howler; I'm sure his eyes filled up at the gesture.

Paul Watson can f*ck off. I'm sure all this attempt to re-imagine us as whatever the f*ck we are right now, and spend millions on players that don't seem to suit anything, is down to his footballing genius. I don't think a change of manager is going to do much for us with him in the driving seat.

Watson either had no idea what SCFC were about or was probably told to bring your Luton type game here and the players to suit [this is more than probably correct] the yanks haven't got a clue on what to do with us, they just expecting players to come in improve and then sell them for millions and rinse and repeat, its fuking laughable.

I didn't watch the game, because I knew what was coming. But conceding 5 is totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

How long does it take to get a manager in? It's just joke how poorly this club is run. The players need to ask themselves why they even turned up today after a pathetic showing like that.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I know you'd be chuffed with your team and manager winning today. Congratulations man, better team won.

Not chuffed at all mate, absolutely disgusted at our performance today, I'm just pointing out what has led to today's debacle. Today is a direct and fairly predictable outcome of the ego maniac w4nkers who own our club and the decisions they make.

I've just watched the goals, and that howler from the keeper is something else. This is the second game he's done something like this and shows the lack of confidence this team has in what they're supposed to be doing.

3 of the goals were from loosing possession, zero track back. 4 of them it felt like we just didn't bother defending once they were in our area. The keeper error the Saints player backheels it into the net.

I'd be embarrassed to be seen on a football pitch if I were some of them.

Christ, just looked at the score, glad I turned it off after the first goal went in,, :(

Andrew - North Hill said:
Not chuffed at all mate, absolutely disgusted at our performance today, I'm just pointing out what has led to today's debacle. Today is a direct and fairly predictable outcome of the ego maniac w4nkers who own our club and the decisions they make.

Yeah I agree with that, we are a complete mess now.

Promising first five minutes followed by that almost surreal period of lack of effort, bizarre management decisions including ridiculous substitutions and christmas present defending to that prick Martin.
If Manning still lived in his house I would be bobby knocking him at midnight. I think I actually reached a point that I could even be bothered if the Saints scored again. I have never been a Grimes fan but how much Christmas pudding did he have yesterday, has there ever been a worse captain? Him and Fulton does not work. Any manager that substitutes a striker for a midfielder when we are so far behind needs to rethink what job they want. An aging midfielder showed the younger ones what effort is and how to tackle. Although Rushy made that calamitous error his defenders really shoved him under the bus.

Hopefully the positive from today is that it makes the Yankee fuckwits realise we can't leave Sheehan jn charge

NWJack said:
That said, let's not rewrite history. RM was not the messiah, his style requires a much higher quality of player that he didn't have with us, but does now

Spot on.

There's only so much a Manager can do, whoever it is, with the diminishing quality of transfers in. And our better players going out

Yes, the right manager could maybe fluke us to a play off spot ( ha ha) or stabilise us mid table. Equally with the squad we've got, we can easily get sucked into relegation. Latter is more likely of course.

Bottom line is the main problem lays with the owners, poor past decision making, lack of investment when needed at crucial times in the last few seasons...and little plan going forward.

Just a matter of time I think before they write things off, pull out, their dream is dead, they win some they lose some etc etc. They are primarily American businessmen, out for profit, who know nothing about football over here, and also what it means to us as fans... who will still be here after they've long gone.

Unfortunately we are on the downward spiral, I remember the 80's unfortunately, though that was more rapid from Div 1 then in 1983. Now it's a slow spiral, but such boring and ponderous football.

New Manager needed yes...but let's not expect too much. I don't think even Pep could do much here....

The players need to take a good long hard look in the mirror, poor owners and no manager is still no excuse for not even trying FFS. They really should lose some sleep tonight but they won't.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back