• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs ‘23

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 188
  • Views: Views 12,018
Darran said:
This looks good. 🤘🏻

https://twitter.com/hellfestopenair/status/1603449766125469696?s=61&t=RlOYbbzxpRV26TX3_fNEXw
My daughter and her boyfriend went there a few years back, they enjoyed the experience.👍

Itchysphincter said:
I probably should add that there’s nothing wrong with nostalgia for nostalgia sake, but what’s the appeal if you’re not a 14 year boy and it’s not 1986?

Well we're going to see Crue purely on a nostalgic basis and honestly cant wait plus I was 19 in in 86 so it's ok :D

I'm a weird, damaged old man but I wouldn't go and see him for a supplement to my pension.

Moonlight shadow my arse.

Darran said:
https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/europe-uk-tour/

I’m going to that. They were the band of the night in Cardiff last year supporting Whitesnake and Foreigner.

Also going to the The Darkness on Saturday.

exiledclaseboy said:
I’m going to that. They were the band of the night in Cardiff last year supporting Whitesnake and Foreigner.

Also going to the The Darkness on Saturday.

Saw this earlier too!

Fire up the Astra ECB, I’m there!

I rarely go to gigs these days and so have had nothing to offer this thread, but have actually got something booked for 2023.

Off to Birmingham in April to see Ryan (not Bryan) Adams doing a solo acoustic set. Just him, his guitars and a piano. If you don't know him, he's an American singer-songwriter who came out of the alt-country scene. Can't imagine he has a big following on here, but I've been a fan for years so looking forward to it.

JackSomething said:
I rarely go to gigs these days and so have had nothing to offer this thread, but have actually got something booked for 2023.

Off to Birmingham in April to see Ryan (not Bryan) Adams doing a solo acoustic set. Just him, his guitars and a piano. If you don't know him, he's an American singer-songwriter who came out of the alt-country scene. Can't imagine he has a big following on here, but I've been a fan for years so looking forward to it.

I like some of his music and that he kind of just does what he wants with it, kind of like a punky ethic applied to Americana but his career has basically died since he got caught up in #metoo and exposed as serial sexual predator and sociopath. Enjoy.

Itchysphincter said:
I like some of his music and that he kind of just does what he wants with it, kind of like a punky ethic applied to Americana but his career has basically died since he got caught up in #metoo and exposed as serial sexual predator and sociopath. Enjoy.

Yeah, I had some second thoughts about buying the tickets as I was aware of the accusations. Did some reading up on it first and saw that he was cleared of the most serious accusation, illegal behaviour with a minor. Still some icky behaviour though.

In the end he'd apologised for his behaviour and seeing as nothing was proven, decided my conscience was clean in going to see him in concert. Fully understand others will disagree and choose not to go see him perform. If we all boycotted every musical act that have behaved inappropriately with a member of the opposite sex, the music industry would probably collapse...

JackSomething said:
Yeah, I had some second thoughts about buying the tickets as I was aware of the accusations. Did some reading up on it first and saw that he was cleared of the most serious accusation, illegal behaviour with a minor. Still some icky behaviour though.

In the end he'd apologised for his behaviour and seeing as nothing was proven, decided my conscience was clean in going to see him in concert. Fully understand others will disagree and choose not to go see him perform. If we all boycotted every musical act that have behaved inappropriately with a member of the opposite sex, the music industry would probably collapse...

Gary Glitter is being released next month.

Darran said:

Thanks Darran. I'm going to put Gary Glitter on a slight different level of offender. Plus his music is shit.

Darran said:

He used to live round our way, hope he doesn't come back here though :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ace5-DP6pAU

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back