• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs ‘23

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 188
  • Views: Views 11,962
Kiss have announced another farewell UK tour after saying Download was, playing at the mighty Plymouth Home Park.

Swansea93 said:
Kiss have announced another farewell UK tour after saying Download was, playing at the mighty Plymouth Home Park.

Aye I looked at the ticket prices earlier. Fuck that.

exiledclaseboy said:
Aye I looked at the ticket prices earlier. f**k that.

I couldn’t believe the prices, they’ll do well to shift them, you’ll probably pick them up for £20 a day or so before.

Swansea93 said:
I couldn’t believe the prices, they’ll do well to shift them, you’ll probably pick them up for £20 a day or so before.

Why would anyone want to? Has everyone on PS hit sh!t in their ears?

exiledclaseboy said:
Look out Itchy the music police has spoken. :lol:

I'm genuinely astounded! Motley Crue is probably the most talked about band on here, and now Kiss is a thing?! Genuinely, FFS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Motley Crue is probably the most talked about band on here, and now Kiss is a thing?! Genuinely, FFS.

Attachments

• 9AFA0DA2-C65A-4ACF-85C9-6A96C8FB01D2.gif
    9AFA0DA2-C65A-4ACF-85C9-6A96C8FB01D2.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,503
I’m trying to think, is there anyone from that era that’s any good? I know Kiss are technically a seventies act and are like an American T-Tex, Mud, Sweet type novelty act but they aligned themselves with all those 80’s hair farmers like Motley Crue, Jon Bovi, GnR and all those other cheese-fests.

Serious question, has even one of those misogynistic poodle perm bands stood the test of time?

Itchysphincter said:
I’m trying to think, is there anyone from that era that’s any good? I know Kiss are technically a seventies act and are like an American T-Tex, Mud, Sweet type novelty act but they aligned themselves with all those 80’s hair farmers like Motley Crue, Jon Bovi, GnR and all those other cheese-fests.

Serious question, has even one of those misogynistic poodle perm bands stood the test of time?

Well the three you mentioned are still filling stadiums and arenas at extortionate prices so I’d say yes.

exiledclaseboy said:
Well the three you mentioned are still filling stadiums and arenas at extortionate prices so I’d say yes.

Slightly glib, no?

Musically? You think Kiss and Motley Crue stand up musically? GnR may have transcended the era/genre but surely the other two are hype over substance. Serious question, and I had my share of hair metal records in the day, but which one of them can be considered anything but nostalgia at best?

I probably should add that there’s nothing wrong with nostalgia for nostalgia sake, but what’s the appeal if you’re not a 14 year boy and it’s not 1986?

Itchysphincter said:
Slightly glib, no?

Musically? You think Kiss and Motley Crue stand up musically? GnR may have transcended the era/genre but surely the other two are hype over substance. Serious question, and I had my share of hair metal records in the day, but which one of them can be considered anything but nostalgia at best?

Ah well music is subjective so you can only have an opinion not facts. I still listen to all those bands regularly and many others from that scene. GnR are probably the ones I’ve listened to least cos let’s face it they’re the very definition of a one album wonder. What an album though. I love all that stuff amongst a lot of other rock so yes for me they certainly stand the test of time. It’s not for you, I get that. And that’s fine too of course. We don’t all have to like the same stuff thankfully.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back