• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs ‘23

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 188
  • Views: Views 12,119
exiledclaseboy said:
Ah well music is subjective so you can only have an opinion not facts. I still listen to all those bands regularly and many others from that scene. GnR are probably the ones I’ve listened to least cos let’s face it they’re the very definition of a one album wonder. What an album though. I love all that stuff amongst a lot of other rock so yes for me they certainly stand the test of time. It’s not for you, I get that. And that’s fine too of course. We don’t all have to like the same stuff thankfully.

It appealed to me when I was younger, I had albums by the likes of Poison and Tigertailz and saw many of them live, but these days I can’t help cringing when I hear the lyrics, and the solos are torture. The big GnR album is a masterpiece, a one off. It feels to me that these acts were of their time and thankfully that time has passed, although I did spin Crack A Smile by Poison in the car the other day and that one has held up surprisingly well. 😳😁.

Itchysphincter said:
It appealed to me when I was younger, I had albums by the likes of Poison and Tigertailz and saw many of them live, but these days I can’t help cringing when I hear the lyrics, and the solos are torture. The big GnR album is a masterpiece, a one off. It feels to me that these acts were of their time and thankfully that time has passed, although I did spin Crack A Smile by Poison in the car the other day and that one has held up surprisingly well. 😳😁.

Well it ain’t high art I’ll give you that but it doesn’t have to be. And yes there’s definitely nostalgia involved but that applies equally to us all I think, we all like the things we grew up enjoying. I never did pay much attention to the lyrics, that never seemed the point. But it’s all good, I like lots of the newer rock bands but still enjoy those that got me into that music in the first place all those decades ago. You don’t, that’s your prerogative. I just don’t see the point of getting sniffy or laughing at what other people enjoy. But I’m definitely giving Tigertailz’s Beserk a spin tomorrow now so thanks for that. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Well it ain’t high art I’ll give you that but it doesn’t have to be. And yes there’s definitely nostalgia involved but that applies equally to us all I think, we all like the things we grew up enjoying. I never did pay much attention to the lyrics, that never seemed the point. But it’s all good, I like lots of the newer rock bands but still enjoy those that got me into that music in the first place all those decades ago. You don’t, that’s your prerogative. I just don’t see the point of getting sniffy or laughing at what other people enjoy. But I’m definitely giving Tigertailz’s Beserk a spin tomorrow now so thanks for that. :lol:

Maybe it is sniffy, and that is rude, but it’s a leg-pull. The true bit is that I am genuinely astounded. :lol: :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Maybe it is sniffy, and that is rude, but it’s a leg-pull. The true bit is that I am genuinely astounded. :lol: :lol:

My Christmas Tree says you need to grow up.

Attachments

• 7534D242-192F-49DF-8EBB-047369880B86.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 539
Only gig I've got lined up for '23 so far is former Nightwish singer, Tarja Turunen in Feb on the 3 times postponed tour for her last album which was released in August 2019 ffs!

Darran said:
Anyone going to the Mike Oldfield thingy in Swansea in March?

I was actually at this gig. ⤵️

https://youtu.be/z64FhFQXKYQ

That album’s a pile of absolute shit.

Darran said:
Yeah I’m definitely not going to listen to the crap,just wondering if anyone is.

Probably some weird, damaged old men who think that everything old is good.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back