• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs '22

• Thread starter BLAZE
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 367
  • Views: Views 18,937
Saw Nightwish last night in the Resorts World Arena in Brum. Incredible show, still buzzing over breakfast in a Premier Inn atm. Anyone been to this venue? Superb arena for artists as big as Nightwish (probably 4-5k there at a guess) but the place is like a frigging shopping centre inside!! How many food outlets does a venue need these days??

karnataka said:
Saw Nightwish last night in the Resorts World Arena in Brum. Incredible show, still buzzing over breakfast in a Premier Inn atm. Anyone been to this venue? Superb arena for artists as big as Nightwish (probably 4-5k there at a guess) but the place is like a frigging shopping centre inside!! How many food outlets does a venue need these days??
Probably one of my favourite Arenas , not too big or too small , so accessible, great eating and places for a beer around the Canal side pre show , easy drive home after if necessary .

Was there in the Summer to see Queen yet still felt a close show , not some massive air craft hanger .
Have been there for smaller shows where they draw curtains aroumd the back /upper tiers , makes the show experience all the better for it .

Robbie said:
Probably one of my favourite Arenas , not too big or too small , so accessible, great eating and places for a beer around the Canal side pre show , easy drive home after if necessary .

Was there in the Summer to see Queen yet still felt a close show , not some massive air craft hanger .
Have been there for smaller shows where they draw curtains aroumd the back /upper tiers , makes the show experience all the better for it .

Different places. Resort World is the NEC of old. The one in town next to the canals that you went to is now called the Utilita Arena, previously the National Indoor Arena.
If anyone drives to a concert at Resort World/NEC I can recommend parking at the international train station by the airport. It's cheaper, walking is covered all the way to the arena and best of all, you're back on the motorway with virtually no queueing at all in next to no time.

WxmJax said:
Different places. Resort World is the NEC of old. The one in town next to the canals that you went to is now called the Utilita Arena, previously the National Indoor Arena.
If anyone drives to a concert at Resort World/NEC I can recommend parking at the international train station by the airport. It's cheaper, walking is covered all the way to the arena and best of all, you're back on the motorway with virtually no queueing at all in next to no time.

I was going to say that but I was busy. 👏🏻

If anyone fancies going to any Alter Bridge w Halestorm or Black Stone Cherry w The Darkness UK shows, Ticketmaster currently have a 241 Black Friday deal on.

WxmJax said:

Yes, that did cross my mind too, the Resort World Arena is on the edge of a lake and I didn't see any canals to or from! I parked quite near the venue and it wasn't cheap (£12 pre-booked) but I didn't have to queue to get back on the M42 tbh so was quite happy with that and I was surprised how such a big crowd had dispersed so quickly. Many times I've been to gigs and spent 30-40 minutes getting out of a multi-storey but most of the bands I go to see these days don't play venues this big anyway.

karnataka said:
Yes, that did cross my mind too, the Resort World Arena is on the edge of a lake and I didn't see any canals to or from! I parked quite near the venue and it wasn't cheap (£12 pre-booked) but I didn't have to queue to get back on the M42 tbh so was quite happy with that and I was surprised how such a big crowd had dispersed so quickly. Many times I've been to gigs and spent 30-40 minutes getting out of a multi-storey but most of the bands I go to see these days don't play venues this big anyway.

And you don’t want to be wasting 30-40 minutes at your age D. 👀

Darran said:
And you don’t want to be wasting 30-40 minutes at your age D. 👀

Indeed, that's far too high a percentage of what time I've probably got left to be wasting it! Mind you, the same could be said of a whole day out to visit the Swansea.com stadium every couple of weeks! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: forgot to add "cheeky c*nt" :lol: :lol: :lol:

karnataka said:
Indeed, that's far too high a percentage of what time I've probably got left to be wasting it! Mind you, the same could be said of a whole day out to visit the Swansea.com stadium every couple of weeks! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: forgot to add "cheeky c*nt" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you really. :lol:

karnataka said:

Seen James there, superb venue

I was in Resort World Arena,Birmingham eleven years ago this very minute.

Attachments

• 8E23A340-0078-48BD-90B4-243B04D38316.jpeg
    8E23A340-0078-48BD-90B4-243B04D38316.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 94FB9825-8133-48CE-A9FD-B93F70EF153D.jpeg
    94FB9825-8133-48CE-A9FD-B93F70EF153D.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 353
  • 459F182A-85D9-4CCE-A76B-BC819C1DF8E6.jpeg
    459F182A-85D9-4CCE-A76B-BC819C1DF8E6.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 353

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics