• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Southampton FC | The Swansea.com Stadium

And if Williams doesn't go 4 at the back soon, he'll be out of a job
The frustrating part is that theres nothing wrong with five at the back but we are just not tracking runners, too many ball watching and there is no control from the midfield.

Halftime Jay has to come off for Patino surely.

And if Williams doesn't go 4 at the back soon, he'll be out of a job
The space this ‘system’ gives decent teams is ridiculous. We are too shit to be anything other than compact, packing the midfield with people that track their opponents.

We couldn’t complain much at 1-6 at half time

We've been utterly schooled this first half
Details mun, all about details.. we can't keep shape, our discipline school yard, we attacked once, 5 at the back a disaster, we haven't tracked any player, Rushworth MOTM.. Grimes and Fulton in the same side picking up their millions, but are the root cause of our problems..

Not loving Ian Walsh's commentary. He's enjoying Southampton's performance far too much. Also couldn't be bothered to do his homework as to how many of S'ton's squad are ex-EPL and trotted out the usual guff about Martin not being given the players he wanted to make his tactics work.

They are a very good side, we;re not, it's a simple as that. I hope another thumping doesn't affect morale too much, we need to keep fighting for the rest of the season and this won't do us much good.
There's a massive rebuild going to be needed this summer. Will the Yanks be up for that? I doubt it.

We just not doing the basics... Grimes and Fulton playing deep still can't track players and Adams and Smallbone have plenty of space. Southampton high press is really crushing us forcing us to long long to nobody

Looking back on the first half I think we could easily have been 5-0 down by half time.
While the second goal was blatantly offside theres no way that Wood should have just watched it roll across him past the near post. Unlucky deflection took the Downes shot right into the bottom corner.
Humphries needs to sort out his positional play he has been ball watching way too much.
Fulton Grimes pairing again is failing to establish any form of control or authority.

Being honest and taking off the Swans tinted glasses here Southampton have been exceptional and deservedly ahead, its just frustrating that the goals they have taken are from defensive errors and all our saves have come from chances that I wouldn't have any blame on the defence for.

And Downes goal, Lowe turned his back.. details mun.. football book for idiots you need Grimesy mush

Watching the half time highlights I have absolutely no idea why Wood lets that ball run across him.

I do genuinely feel sorry for Williams, all of his attacking options with pace are injured right now.
Ginnelly, Key, Parker all can play on the right wing or wing back. Walsh injured, Kukharevych injured, Cabango (who based on this showing would be a massive upgrade on Wood) injured.

Looking at our bench I am not sure other than Patino who else would be an improvement on who is on the pitch.

I do genuinely feel sorry for Williams, all of his attacking options with pace are injured right now.
Ginnelly, Key, Parker all can play on the right wing or wing back. Walsh injured, Kukharevych injured, Cabango (who based on this showing would be a massive upgrade on Wood) injured.

Looking at our bench I am not sure other than Patino who else would be an improvement on who is on the pitch.
Full credit to him for taking the job at this moment. He's got a hell of a job on his hands.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back