• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Southampton FC | The Swansea.com Stadium

Southampton checked out midway through this 2nd half, so we should bear that in mind, but there have been some improvements nonetheless.
I agree, but I think we should also give Williams some credit for making the changes and turning the game around in the 2nd half with a high press. Too often we’ve seen us just continue to do the same old throughout the game.

Well done Luke for turning this around so cleverly. The better team this half with lots of canny options.
Pato outstanding.
Agurs well.

Fuck sake, we've got seven minutes and we are just aimlessly passing it backwards
Short of actually taking our chances im not sure what more you wanted out of the last 30 minutes, aimlessly passing it backwards is not what I'd use to sum us up in that time

Short of actually taking our chances im not sure what more you wanted out of the last 30 minutes, aimlessly passing it backwards is not what I'd use to sum us up in that time
I know you love to have a dig but I was clearly talking about the added time play.

Despite Southampton taking their foot off the gas I'm encouraged by Williams' game management.

You could see the tactical changes happening during the game and especially after half time.

If players like Wood and Fulton had shown any desire to track a run or close a man down in the first half we could have made a real game of that.

I know you love to have a dig but I was clearly talking about the added time play.
Nope. We werent aimlessly passing it around the back four then either.

First time i think ive conversed with you in about 6 months. Wa-fuckin-wa.

I wouldn't get carried away. Let's see what we do in terms of selection and tactics next time out before we are chasing the game. We should have been buried today before we had a chance to change. Those changes were needed much earlier. There is at least some hope to cling to and I'll gladly grasp that. If the second half had followed the first I would be really concerned for us.

If we could have taken just one of those chances before 80 mins, then it would have been really interesting to see how both teams would have reacted. Or indeed if we hadn't conceded that stupid third goal after getting a lifeline.

Anyway, second half much better. Keep it going.

Williams broke up the Grimes Fulton partnership. Hopefully he has noted that we look a better side without the deep backward playing duo

Better 2nd half, but we didn't take chances and he got that first half totally wrong

Williams broke up the Grimes Fulton partnership. Hopefully he has noted that we look a better side without the deep backward playing duo

That's really what I meant, plus the defence set up. If he picks the same starting team or just swaps Lowe/Cullen for Yates, I'd reckon he's learnt nothing.

It's a bloody sight better than it could have been at the end.

Reminds me of the game people always go on about against WBA under Laudrup. We did that first half and they stole a goal, but that's all that performance was, one half. Second half they controlled and had a few chances they didn't take. They probably went home with 'well done lads much better second half' whereas we creamed ourselves on the first and thought there was no real danger.

The next game will give us a clearer idea of what we can take from this one.

Anyway, bollocks, let's have a beer. Cheers all. 🍻

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back