• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24| The Official Match Thread | Swansea v WBA | The EFL Championship

What will be the result against WBA?

• Swans win

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • WBA win

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cadleigh said:
Another entertaining game IMO. Both Fulton and Grimes showed attacking intent and the fast passing-with-purpose we've been trying to pull off all season is finally clicking more often that not (although the nots are going to continue to cost us dear against teams who've had less Christmas Pudding than this Baggies squad). Shame about Walsh having to go off - hope it's not too serious.

Entertaining second half. The first half was absolute garbage and made even worse by being cold and wet.

cadleigh said:
Another entertaining game IMO. Both Fulton and Grimes showed attacking intent and the fast passing-with-purpose we've been trying to pull off all season is finally clicking more often that not (although the nots are going to continue to cost us dear against teams who've had less Christmas Pudding than this Baggies squad). Shame about Walsh having to go off - hope it's not too serious.

Is that the same Baggies squad that beat both Leeds and Norwich in their last 2 matches??

TheLoneRanger said:
Is that the same Baggies squad that beat both Leeds and Norwich in their last 2 matches??

No it's not, not taking anything away from the win but the baggies were gash today although I think the weather and pitch also blunted them.

Closer to the playoffs than relegation

So we can end any nonsense about going down

EI-EI-O, to mid table safety we go.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
No it's not, not taking anything away from the win but the baggies were gash today although I think the weather and pitch also blunted them.

They were the better team in the first half, but we were comfortably better the second. And that's more due to us than the weather, hence why he took both centre backs off and changed shape.

Give the boys a break.

Only now drying off.
First half, maybe should've been behind, but 2nd half, absolutely fvkn fantastic effort. Well done lads, seemed to have my team back last 30 mins.
Well chuft.

JustJack said:
Closer to the playoffs than relegation

So we can end any nonsense about going down

EI-EI-O, to mid table safety we go.

So, January 1st and after a 1-0 win we can forget any thoughts of relegation? You are Nostradamus and I claim my £5!

MrSwerve said:
Poor f**kers that have gone down there in this weather to watch that.

Just got back home. Soaked on the way and soaked on the way back. So pleased to see the lads put a good shift in today. Ok the first half wasn’t great but West Brom were trying to press to stop us playing. The second half was a lot better. The guys chased everything, when Patino came on he was all over the place. Tackling seemingly lost causes and closing down their defence. Ben Cabango’s best game for a long time. Well done lads, I enjoyed that.

Great win against a very strong team, 2nd half showing was brilliant, some of the play was entertaining to watch.

They had a few chances off the break but i thought we just about edged it and had the result we earned, midfield had a lot more bite about it today, i thought the ref allowed the game to flow and let quite a few things go which others might have blown the whistle for.

The first half was so, so grim. The second half we looked like an actual football team for once. It was nice to see. Also got two biblical soakings. Lovely.

Got home about 1/2 hour ago, jeans still soaked despite heater on full blast all the way home :lol:

First half was absolutely dire, 2 teams playing walking football and very little energy in either side although tbf they should have scored when Thomas-Asante was 1 on 1 with Rushworth but his shot was too close to him. Now, most games, our opponents come out for the second half fired up and we don't and it always seems to take us by surprise for some reason. Today, Baggies didn't and looked no different from their first half until they went behind and they seemed to wake up. Cabango has has some poor games recently but I thought he was excellent today as did everyone around me, winning headers, cutting out crosses, winning tackles, blocking shots and generally seeming to be be in the right place almost all of the time. Well done, Ben, keep this up. Patino looked like a man on a mission too and certainly didn't look like someone trying not to get injured in case he was recalled. Probably his best 1/2 for us. I thought Tymon was also much better than of late particularly in attack when he sent an absolute peach of a cross in for Lowe and then played him in a few minutes later but Lowe's touch let him down and Tymon was unlucky not to score when he hit the bar.

At half time, I was questioning the wisdom of driving down today. The traffic was light but driving conditions were very poor but at least it was daylight unlike the appalling drive home. Glad I went though as it's always a nice feeling after a win. :D :D :D :D :D

Cullen - our only poacher - should be playing upfront. He's not gonna hold the ball up but neither do Lowe or Yates. That frees Lowe up to play out wide where he looks immeasurably more dangerous and involved. Make that change and Sheehan has my backing til the end of the season 👍

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back