• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24| The Official Match Thread | Swansea v WBA | The EFL Championship

What will be the result against WBA?

• Swans win

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • WBA win

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bluenile said:
So, January 1st and after a 1-0 win we can forget any thoughts of relegation? You are Nostradamus and I claim my £5!

You are a miserable tit and keep your £5

We have more reason to talk about playoffs than we do relegation, going by the fact we are closer to the former, no?

JustJack said:

We have more reason to talk about playoffs than we do relegation, going by the fact we are closer to the former, no?

And following a period of instability.

We should all hope that the introduction of a ‘true’ manager and some squad investment allows us to kick on further. Definitely a case of looking up, not down.

Cooperman said:
And following a period of instability.

We should all hope that the introduction of a ‘true’ manager and some squad investment allows us to kick on further. Definitely a case of looking up, not down.

So far Sheehan has 11 points from 7 games. Over a season that would be 72 points, better than Martin or Duff managed.

The clubs careful plan with Davies having fallen through, and no obvious candidate in sight, leave him where he is while the results continue. You never know, by the end of the season he might be a 'proper' manager. Swansea's best managers, Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup have all come from taking a chance (yes Laudrup, the entire world outside Swansea said he would be a disaster).

He seems to have managed to do more than Duff did to de-Martin the squad. When they run out of steam for a period I'm not seeing the suicide passes back and forwards across goal as the default 'no ideas' play. Plus the defence is looking steadily better organized, a way to go, but it's better. I disregard the Southampton game, I think there was something going on there that undermined the players.

JustJack said:

You're entirely missing the point. I'm not miserable, despite only attending one of the last 5 home games, due to an extremely severe chest infection. My point is that it's January 1st and we're 11 points off the drop zone and 8 points off the promotion places. People seem to be either dancing with glee, or shouting that we're doomed, and yes, I can be guilty of it too. Some have said that Sheehan is a miserable tit, that doesn't matter if he continues with good results. But we could hit a bad run or a good one, if it's a bad one everybody will point the finger at Sheehan, despite him working like a Trojan for the club and the players. My point is it's way too early to say where we'll end up. Hopefully it will be top half, or even the play-offs, but the other end is far from impossible at this moment.

Bluenile said:
You're entirely missing the point. I'm not miserable, despite only attending one of the last 5 home games, due to an extremely severe chest infection. My point is that it's January 1st and we're 11 points off the drop zone and 8 points off the promotion places. People seem to be either dancing with glee, or shouting that we're doomed, and yes, I can be guilty of it too. Some have said that Sheehan is a miserable tit, that doesn't matter if he continues with good results. But we could hit a bad run or a good one, if it's a bad one everybody will point the finger at Sheehan, despite him working like a Trojan for the club and the players. My point is it's way too early to say where we'll end up. Hopefully it will be top half, or even the play-offs, but the other end is far from impossible at this moment.

That could be said for anyone below 8th place, though.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back