• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Hull City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Hull?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Hull win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leeds forwards going to have a field day on Wednesday #PrayforRushworth

Pegojack said:
I'm afraid we're looking more and more like what we are, a bottom half of the table team. Too many mediocre players - Pedersen, Tymon, Naughton, Allen, Cooper, Walsh, Kukharevych, Yates - we're going nowhere fast.
Not looking forward to Leeds next Wednesday!

Throw in mediocre owners and a mediocre manager and here we are.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Throw in mediocre owners and a mediocre manager and here we are.

Agree on the owners. I reckon the manager is the least of the problems. What does Coleman add to the party? Need to get a grip on unnecessary costs that bring no advantage whatsoever.

We were decent going forward but the defensive structure is a bit grim. Very open out wide and in front of the back four when Grimes is pushing on. Can see why Duff prefers a back 5, he needs that extra centre half the way he wants his midfield playing. 4-4-2 still has its uses but it's not common for good reason. Hull found all the time and space they wanted between the lines.

Humphreys is okay in possession but defensively him and Tymon are a sieve. Hopefully we look better with Key and Pedersen back, and Darling can go back in the middle.

Way too many soft tissue injuries happening. Yates celebration in poor taste. If we chuck a contract at Bolasie how long until his hamstrings go again?

Positive post alert
We will finish in 15th place comfortably lads, never mind the next level, it's our level, I made peace with this fact about 18 months ago in all honesty.

Worst levels than the Championship about in other countries 2nd tier by a long way... 👍

The manager lost us this game.
Josh Key was brought on at the death when we had been murdered on that side of the pitch where Darling clearly had lost the defence - Darling probably should have stayed on the bench and put the correct guy on the pitch who actually plays there but he waited until nearly the end and then all of a sudden we had stopped the threat and had our own way out. The awful short passing between Grimes and Fulton instead of bursting up the pitch is a management issue when we had the game won.
A very good start and we were better than them but the wrong changes and tactics made them better than us.

Swanjaxs said:
Positive post alert
We will finish in 15th place comfortably lads, never mind the next level, it's our level, I made peace with this fact about 18 months ago in all honesty.

Worst levels than the Championship about in other countries 2nd tier by a long way... 👍

Yeah, this is where I am too now. Good game today that I enjoyed watching. We’re not going down and we are a million miles from surely wanting to go up. We would be absolutely ripped to pieces every single week. Look at Burnley and Sheffield if you doubt it. Luton have spawned a couple of wins but I would bet on them not getting ten points in 2024. We need to build a team again before even wanting to go up imo, and we’re light years away.

jack_lord said:
Josh Key was brought on at the death when we had been murdered on that side of the pitch where Darling clearly had lost the defence - Darling probably should have stayed on the bench and put the correct guy on the pitch who actually plays there but he waited until nearly the end and then all of a sudden we had stopped the threat and had our own way out. The awful short passing between Grimes and Fulton instead of bursting up the pitch is a management issue when we had the game won.
A very good start and we were better than them but the wrong changes and tactics made them better than us.

In other news, we didn’t lose.

Hull were better than us from start to finish today. We were lucky they couldn't hit a barn door in the first half. They put that right second half. While we got worse the longer the game went on.

Both our goals were well worked. In the case of the first one, very well taken by Paterson. The second one came after some lovely one touch passing. But they were the only bits of quality we offered all afternoon. Other than that it was just the usual clueless 'hit and hope into the channels' crap that we've come to expect from Duff by now.

The bloke is taking us backwards at a rate of knots and anyone still prepared to make a case for his defence is living in cloud cuckoo land. A League Two manager woefully out of his depth, should be nowhere near our club. It's embarrassing how much we've regressed under his tenure.

jack_lord said:

The correct guy isn't fit and would have probably broken down again if asked to play 30 minutes let alone 90 (inc stoppage time).

But, apart from the result, was it a good game? Andrew and also the stats say that they were better.

Glyn1 said:
But, apart from the result, was it a good game? Andrew and also the stats say that they were better.
It was a good game and Hull were good throughout and were unfortunate to be 2 down, albeit some of their finishing was weak in the first half. Their left winger would have been a handful for anyone, let alone a stand in right back. It would be great if we had some pace and a proper winger, but those days are a distant memory of brief spells when Montero was fit.
Thank goodness The Fish ain't in goals. We barely deserved a point so I'll take that.

monmouth said:
In other news, we didn’t lose.
Is correct, to be fair we are usually a bit shite after an international break, seems that way anyway, so, I'll take a draw. Onwards and upwards or sideways.👍

Glyn1 said:

I feel that a neutral would have enjoyed the game. They had good periods and we did too. Possibly a little lucky to be two up and probably a draw was a fair result.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back