• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Hull City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Hull?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Hull win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cwmdonkinjack said:
It was a good game and Hull were good throughout and were unfortunate to be 2 down, albeit some of their finishing was weak in the first half. Their left winger would have been a handful for anyone, let alone a stand in right back. It would be great if we had some pace and a proper winger, but those days are a distant memory of brief spells when Montero was fit.
Thank goodness The Fish ain't in goals. We barely deserved a point so I'll take that.

I thought we ripped them apart for long periods of the first half and thought Sunderland when they came down had much better and more clear cut chances.

Realistically if we had got the third before half time yesterday we would have gone on to win the game - such was our ascendancy in the first half. We screwed up by coming out for the second still in our pajamas and slippers not pressing them and Hull took full advantage.

A draw was a fair result but we weren’t ruthless enough in the first half and it came back to bite us.

Both Lowe and Yates had good chances to seal the win at 2-0 but both failed to hit the target. Oh for a ruthless striker like, hmmmm, Jo Peru.

Longlostjack said:
Agree on the owners. I reckon the manager is the least of the problems. What does Coleman add to the party? Need to get a grip on unnecessary costs that bring no advantage whatsoever.

We can all agree on the owners, can’t we. Ultimately that’s the issue. We’ve been on a downward trend since they came in and they’re still not learning. Why they don’t put in another proper football man who knows the game, like Birch, I’ve no idea.

Duff’s got it all to prove still, but he’s made some of our play worse than it was under Martin. We could at least retain some composure under pressure at the back, but much of that has gone. We don’t seem to have many options when we’re looking to get the ball forward either. 2 nice goals yesterday though in fairness.

Team gets weaker each season.

Add it all up and it’s a sh*tshow really. But I’ll keep turning up and take the little positives where we can, like the quality of the goals yesterday. I just don’t expect anything. We’ve enough about us not to get relegated, so I suppose that’s something.

We still didn’t lose mind, to a team that’ll be up there this season.

Only had the game on in the background as the father-in-law and I were putting together some flat-packed furniture (a riveting afternoon)...when it went 2 nil to us we both turned to each other and said 'we know what's coming next'...

It's a shame that our capitulations have become inevitable over the last 2 or 3 seasons. We seem mentally weak. I mean, I seriously wouldn't feel confident of a win while being 3 nil up at the moment.

monmouth said:
We still didn’t lose mind, to a team that’ll be up there this season.

Very true, although the players looked like they’d lost. Their body language isn’t good right now. There’s something not quite right. But yes, another point to keep things ticking over.

Hull were ok, but wasteful. Their CBs were stupidly slow - especially the number 6. He was awful. I doubt they’ve got enough to challenge for top 6, but who knows.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back