• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Bristol City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-1449.jpg
IMG-1476.jpg

IMG-1485.jpg

IMG-1478.jpg
IMG-1458.jpg
IMG-1465.jpg
IMG-1451.jpg

IMG-1540.jpg

IMG-1539.jpg

IMG-1518.jpg

IMG-1538.jpg

Last edited:
We've got enough in the tank to end up comfortably in mid table this season, woul like to see Josh Key coming back sooner rather than later though.
What happens in the close season is more of a problem, more than half the squad out of contract (not a bad thing in a lot of the cases) and loans going back to parent clubs.
Will the owners free up enough finances to fund an adequate squad refit taking into account its unlikely we'll have a big money sale to fall back on...
That's the million dollar question.

We've got enough in the tank to end up comfortably in mid table this season, woul like to see Josh Key coming back sooner rather than later though.
What happens in the close season is more of a problem, more than half the squad out of contract (not a bad thing in a lot of the cases) and loans going back to parent clubs.
Will the owners free up enough finances to fund an adequate squad refit taking into account its unlikely we'll have a big money sale to fall back on...
That's the million dollar question.
Let's stay up first. I do agree we should end up finishing with 'a Martin'. I'm not so confident that 'shroom based selection will get us there.

Let's stay up first. I do agree we should end up finishing with 'a Martin'. I'm not so confident that 'shroom based selection will get us there.
Fair, but I think it's more to do with the standard of the teams around us more than anything that will see us safe with a bit to spare.
Keeping Yates and Fultons contribution to the bare minimum would help our end goal also.
Here's hoping 🙏

We have just under a week's preparation time after this game before the Cardiff match and based on observations from the Watford game Paterson needs to be taken out of the side for this one as he was clearly not fully fit and was almost as much a problem as Yates was.

Similarly Ronald also looked very tired, but he has played a lot of minutes since joining and has always been giving 110%. Consideration needs to be taken to bring the both of them out of the starting lineup for this one to let them properly recover for next weekend.

Similarly having been rested in midweek I would expect Joey to be coming in for Fulton who while he had one of his better games he just doesn't read the game or provide the movement for the defenders to get reliable out balls to beat the press the way that Allen does.

And the less I can say about Yates the better at the moment. He seems to be progressing backwards at a rate of knots. We had almost 70% possession at half time yesterday and he had just 7 touches of the ball in that time. The problem we have right now is that none of our forwards are an obvious first choice pick and are either not getting involved in the game or not getting goals or both. I will continue to advocate for Kukharevych to get a full game.

I also think that we have to get Key a game to get him up to speed before the Cardiff game as we will want our strongest possible side for that fixture.

---------------------------------- Rushworth --------------------------------
Key ---------- Darling ------------------------------- Cabango ---- Tymon
---------------------- Allen ----------------- Grimes ------------------------
Sagoe Jr ------------------------ Patino -------------------------- Placheta
------------------------------ Kukharevych ---------------------------------

With Ronald, Lowe, Cullen, Naughton, Wood, Paterson and Fisher on the bench we have options to make changes if we do find ourselves having to chase the game or to rest players who have played their 3rd game in a week.

This will be tough.

Manning is the man we shoulda turned to post Martin - the way in which he fixed Martin’s MK mess was transformational. And that’s the tonic we desperately needed instead of Duff (as shown when Manning’s Oxford destroyed Duff).

2-1 Swans. Pato will be fired up - he has something to prove to his home town club.

This will be tough.

Manning is the man we shoulda turned to post Martin - the way in which he fixed Martin’s MK mess was transformational. And that’s the tonic we desperately needed instead of Duff (as shown when Manning’s Oxford destroyed Duff).

2-1 Swans. Pato will be fired up - he has something to prove to his home town club.
I would be surprised if Pato starts, he looked tired and unfit on Wednesday.
Cardiff's game will (rightly or wrongly) be seen as "must not lose" and I would not be surprised at all if we gave some of the players who looked overworked last night a spot on the bench on Sunday and used them in the second half if we still needed to chase a result.

I would be surprised if Pato starts, he looked tired and unfit on Wednesday.
Cardiff's game will (rightly or wrongly) be seen as "must not lose" and I would not be surprised at all if we gave some of the players who looked overworked last night a spot on the bench on Sunday and used them in the second half if we still needed to chase a result.
Rightly.

This will be tough.

You mean Coventry born Paterson!

I think they've lost 4 in a row since beating Southampton, including 2 successive 0-1 home defeats to QPR and the Basseys. Nothing to fear, but then we're not exactly terrifying for them either. Would be happy with another draw. Team selection will - of course - be important....

Team wise

Rushworth

Abdullai/Key Wood Cabango Tymon

Grimes Fulton

Ronald Cullen Placheta

Lowe

Think he will mix it up, keep Naughton and Allen for the Cardiff game for their experience.

Team wise

Rushworth

Abdullai/Key Wood Cabango Tymon

Grimes Fulton

Ronald Cullen Placheta

Lowe

Think he will mix it up, keep Naughton and Allen for the Cardiff game for their experience.

Despite his dubious cameo yesterday and the fact he's clearly not a player LW likes, I'd play Patino in the no 10 role if Pato is not right, and play Key RB.

If we're resting Allen (and I wouldn't) I'd consider Abdulai instead of Fulton. It's his natural position. If he's training with the first-team and involved in matchday squads, they must think he's good enough, so let's give it a go.

You mean Coventry born Paterson!

Daps mun, sorry to disappoint but you’re wrong yet again - I wrote ‘home’ town club cos I meant ‘home’ town club. I may choose to write ‘born’ town club when he next plays his ‘born’ town club.

Back on topic, if Pato chooses to play in this big game for him, he’ll play. Has fire in the belly for this fixture.
Another fine example of turning a corner - and shows how proper man-management gets the very best out of a top player with proper elite level heritage, pedigree and class.

Wonderful idea to play this on Mother's day. Won't be able to watch this one as I'm on my last warning with the Mrs.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back