• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chris Davies move off

I said in another thread I wouldn’t be surprised if we still didn't have a manager by the end of January but even that looks optimistic now.

At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Sheehan until the end of the season.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
We are in deep trouble as a club

We truly are. I just knew that the choice of staying at Spurs with an excellent mentor, great working environment and most of all job security would count against him coming here to a club who gave their last manager four months. And that’s not taking into consideration him not having his own coaching staff and such a poor squad with likely no money to repair it. He’d be out of work by the summer .

Magic_Michu said:
It makes Coleman’s statement when sacking Duff look silly

At least Duff could have kept us up. Now we have a real novice in charge with a relegation fight on our hands

To take things at face value at the moment. (Unless I've missed something?)

Davies was available in the summer and out of a job. - No compensation.

Duff wouldn't have been signed - No compensation paid

Duff wouldn't have been sacked - No compensation paid.

Davies signing now would have needed compensation.

To add, players brought in in the summer may need replacing under a new manager just 6 months in

Our so called experienced owners, have, and will still blow millions of pounds that we don't have.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
At least Duff could have kept us up. Now we have a real novice in charge with a relegation fight on our hands

Anyone could keep us up as much as they could take us down as it stands.

If we appoint Sheehan then he is as capable of Duff to to either.

The shiit show is down to the board.......their pro active approach in the summer in all directions has shown up like a sore thumb how poor they are at running the club and highlights how much of a group of non football guys they are.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
We truly are. I just knew that the choice of staying at Spurs with an excellent mentor, great working environment and most of all job security would count against him coming here to a club who gave their last manager four months. And that’s not taking into consideration him not having his own coaching staff and such a poor squad with likely no money to repair it. He’d be out of work by the summer .

He would of been mental come here as would any decent manager. The yanks have truly killed this club.

MrSwerve said:
I said in another thread I wouldn’t be surprised if we still didn't have a manager by the end of January but even that looks optimistic now.

At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Sheehan until the end of the season.

It will be Sheehan the rest of the season. Win win for the owners, stay up and they win go down they can blame the manager.

As I said elsewhere when he was linked with us:

Spurs v Basket Case. Tough choice for anyone 👀👀

Darran said:
Alan Nixon seems to be hinting on Twitter that Davies could still be on.

Just saying.

Someone suggested that to Stu James this morning and he replied it’s 100% off.

Neath_Jack said:
Someone suggested that to Stu James this morning and he replied it’s 100% off.

We might have found £5m we didn't realize we had ;)

Magic_Michu said:
Hearing that it fell through because of:

a) the club not willing for Davies to bring in his own back room team

b) not allowed the funds in January needed to bring in players to suit Davies style of football.

£8 million absolutely wasted in the Summer

I'm guessing we might be able to budge a little on point A, but probably a bit of stubbornness from people at the club to resist the amount of change we've seen over the last few years. Commendable in one sense but I imagine Davies would want at least his own assistant and one other coach as a minimum, probably with his own analyst and maybe even a fitness coach to come in. I'm guessing as we've got Sheehan, KOL, we've just hired a head of analysis and sport scientist, that we aren't willing to let any of them go or bring in people to work alongside them. For once the club looking more long term when a little short term thinking is probably needed.

As for point B, well there's probably not much we can do about that now, we've already spaffed the cash in the summer and turned down money for Wood that would have been really handy and given us something to spend in the window. Can't see us selling anyone in Jan that would raise any money either.

Makes the sacking of Duff a little more bewildering really. I'm not advocating him, but surely giving him the last 3 games might have given us the same amount of points and a little more stability to where we are now. Appointing one of his assistants and leaving us with less cash just sinks us to a new low.

Worrying times.

If we really dont have a backup candidate other than Sheehan, then we need to go back to the negotiating meet Davies half way on this one. We are sleepwalking into becoming Luton Town 2.0 but without all the good bits.

Magic_Michu said:
He had verbally agreed to the job last week… we have ballsed up big style

I heard he’d been spotted at the game yesterday. Any idea if that’s true?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back