• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anybody else got a cold?

Bugger. I've just got to the end of a 'cold' I'd had for about 10 days. I get very few but they usually last about 3-4 days so this very recent one was definitely anomalous. Seeing your positive covid test got me thinking so I've just been googling the current variants, one of which is JN.1, a mutation from the Omicron branch of variants which accounts for about 2/3 of currently active UK covid cases. The symptoms sound just like the 'cold' I've had - but then so do common cold symptoms of course. If it was covid JN.1, the timeline would suggest I could have picked it up on a flight to and from Edinburgh on 2nd April. On the plus side, my Mrs hasn't got it which is very important due to her own ongoing medical mess and as my symptoms have cleared up, doing a Covid test now would almost certainly prove nothing so we will never know. 🤔
Why are you still concerned about Covid variants? Surely googling is the worst thing to do, with any ailment, after googling anything your fears will be multiplied by x10. I have made that mistake a few times.

Why are you still concerned about Covid variants? Surely googling is the worst thing to do, with any ailment, after googling anything your fears will be multiplied by x10. I have made that mistake a few times.
Because they still exist and I prefer to be well informed than live my life with my head up my arse!

I do not have any fears so multiplying zero x10 still equals zero.

My wife's sister has been in hospital for about a month with a very serious case of pneumonia and was in a very close life/death balance situation for a couple of weeks. She was allowed home yesterday and my wife is desperate to see her but even the remotest possibility that I have have had Covid JN.1 for the past 10-12 days means we will not be going anywhere near my sister-in-law for some time. As it turns out, she doesn't want visitors yet anyway but both my wife and I will have covid tests this weekend so we know where we stand. Better that than go to see my sister-in-law with my head up my arse and not knowing and pass on something that could kill her, don't you think?

Because they still exist and I prefer to be well informed than live my life with my head up my arse!

I do not have any fears so multiplying zero x10 still equals zero.

My wife's sister has been in hospital for about a month with a very serious case of pneumonia and was in a very close life/death balance situation for a couple of weeks. She was allowed home yesterday and my wife is desperate to see her but even the remotest possibility that I have have had Covid JN.1 for the past 10-12 days means we will not be going anywhere near my sister-in-law for some time. As it turns out, she doesn't want visitors yet anyway but both my wife and I will have covid tests this weekend so we know where we stand. Better that than go to see my sister-in-law with my head up my arse and not knowing and pass on something that could kill her, don't you think?
I see. I hope the sister in law makes a speedy recovery.

Woke up with a nasty cold sore on my upper lip, will probably get myself off down the chemist to buy some Zovirax...

Woke up with a nasty cold sore on my upper lip, will probably get myself off down the chemist to buy some Zovirax...
I’ve got coldsore management down to a fine art as a regular sufferer. Dab it with some after shave four or five times a day. Dries it right up within a few days.

I’ve got coldsore management down to a fine art as a regular sufferer. Dab it with some after shave four or five times a day. Dries it right up within a few days.
I've got some Sauvage upstairs so will give it a go 👍
My old man told me about a cure years ago by dabbing cat piss on the cold sore, it did fuk all to the sore but stopped you from licking it 😂

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back